HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Over and under

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2003, 08:59 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Over and under

My overachievers thusfar :
Erat - things happen when he is on the ice. Even Arkhi shows some spark (see below)
Zidlicky - I felt he would be solid, but instead he has been great. Excellent offensive instincts and covers his own end very well.
Tootoo - a flat game or 2, but doing what he gets paid for-- super sandpaper, not a single charging call (as many assumed), pasting guys twice on the same shift even.
Hamhuis - solid ice time, making some great plays, a few rookie mistakes.

Underachievers :
Arkhipov - it just ain't happening. He doesn't pull the trigger when he should and can't seem to hit when he does. Something has to give. Maybe Poile should move him-- it doesn't appear Trotz will scratch him.
AJ - injury bug persists as I feared. Maybe unfair to make him under.
Allison - Hurry up and heal, Schnabel, so Jamie can go to the Ads where he belongs.
Kloucek - see AJ
Legwand - not consistently playing at last year's level. Not proposing anything drastic here, but he needs to step it up.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:12 AM
PredDave

UNDER:

Jason York -- last year he was one of our "better" d-men. I know that is not saying much, but it seems he has really fallen back to earth this year. Is his play suffering the result of a few bad penalty calls and bad bounces?

Rem Murray -- terrific leadership, great team guy, good passer, etc. But it seems he just can't finish off a play when it counts (last year's penalty shot against Dunham, last night's breakaway, etc). I must admit he has contributed to some excellent plays, so don't flame me.

Vladimir Orszagh -- don't get me wrong, I enjoy our Slovakian "tank". But he seems a little snakebit this year too. He has missed several key chances to bury the puck in the net.

OVER:

Zidlicky -- wow! A big improvement over An.y .elmore! hehe
Tootoo -- an amazing spark plug!
Erat -- how did he get so strong on the puck so quickly? Awesome!

Old
11-07-2003, 04:25 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

>>Jason York -- last year he was one of our "better" d-men. I know that is not saying much, but it seems he has really fallen back to earth this year. Is his play suffering the result of a few bad penalty calls and bad bounces?<<<

I'm glad someone else can see this as well. He is playing without using his head so far. I'd rather see someone like brookbank out there than York.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:30 PM
dulzhok

Although I am extremely frustrated with Arkhipov at this point, I'd be afraid to move him. His trade value can't be that high. While he is struggling, he has it within himself to be a real offensive threat in the NHL. I'd hate to see us give up on him and another team cash in on his abilities.

No one really stands out thus far as having a great season.

Zidlicky has been as advertised offensively (even better), but he's extremely rusty defensively (still not as bad as Delmore though).

Erat is, by far, the best playmaking forward on the team. Too bad he can't score. Ideally, he'd be a premiere playmaker for a true goalscorer. Too bad we don't have a true goalscorer.

I've never been on the Legwand=superstar bandwagon, but he's not even playing up to last year's "decent" standard. Offensively, he's creating nothing. His puck control is pathetic. His passes are going nowhere (save a few lucky bounces). His shooting never was. If we can get something considerable for him via trade, I'm for it.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:36 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
Although I am extremely frustrated with Arkhipov at this point, I'd be afraid to move him. His trade value can't be that high. While he is struggling, he has it within himself to be a real offensive threat in the NHL. I'd hate to see us give up on him and another team cash in on his abilities.

Zidlicky has been as advertised offensively (even better), but he's extremely rusty defensively (still not as bad as Delmore though).

Erat is, by far, the best playmaking forward on the team. Too bad he can't score. Ideally, he'd be a premiere playmaker for a true goalscorer. Too bad we don't have a true goalscorer.

I've never been on the Legwand=superstar bandwagon, but he's not even playing up to last year's "decent" standard. Offensively, he's creating nothing. His puck control is pathetic. His passes are going nowhere (save a few lucky bounces). His shooting never was. If we can get something considerable for him via trade, I'm for it.
Arkhipov is the worst player on this team and should not be playing in the NHL. He's the biggest ***** in the NHL, Erat plays tougher than him.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:21 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Dulzhok, I agree he has huge upside. It is only my level of frustration with his sloppy and lazy play that makes me consider it.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:

So your hesitant on Ark, but all for Legwand being traded? That makes absolutely no since whatsoever.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:15 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
So your hesitant on Ark, but all for Legwand being traded? That makes absolutely no since whatsoever.
Like I said, it's a difference in trade value. Arkhipov probably has little trade value at this point. I would hope that Legwand has considerable trade value at this point, though I have my doubts. Like I said "if we can get something considerable for Legwand", I would pull the trigger.

On the other hand, if all we can get for Arkhipov is a 3rd rounder, I'd be hesitant to give him away for next to nothing. Same goes for Legwand.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Like I said, it's a difference in trade value. Arkhipov probably has little trade value at this point. I would hope that Legwand has considerable trade value at this point, though I have my doubts. Like I said "if we can get something considerable for Legwand", I would pull the trigger.

On the other hand, if all we can get for Arkhipov is a 3rd rounder, I'd be hesitant to give him away for next to nothing. Same goes for Legwand.
Okay. Misread you slightly there .

Old
11-10-2003, 07:26 AM
tulsytrid1

Over-
Zids- He has played over what anyone really expected offensively, and he does tend to make some mistakes in the D zone, but name one of our D-men that doesn't.
Hartnell- Driving to the net playing 100%.
Johnson- Playing typically well defensively and has thrown in some Offensive chances as well.
Eaton-Probably our most solid D-man right now.
Erat- I have always been an Erat fan, and was not happy when he was sent down last season.
Under-
Arky- snake bitten...can't buy a goal.
Leggy- Still skating hard both ways; however, he isn't playing up to last years standard yet. I think we will though.
Kimmo- I will probably get flamed for this one, but he has made too many mistakes so far this season. I can't count the times he has shot the puck right into an opposing players knees. I think he will turn it around too.
York- Missing traing camp ALWAYS hurts players. He isn't playing very well right now...no where near to how he played last season. Hopefully he turns it around..

Old
11-10-2003, 07:29 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave
UNDER:

Jason York -- last year he was one of our "better" d-men. I know that is not saying much, but it seems he has really fallen back to earth this year. Is his play suffering the result of a few bad penalty calls and bad bounces?

Rem Murray -- terrific leadership, great team guy, good passer, etc. But it seems he just can't finish off a play when it counts (last year's penalty shot against Dunham, last night's breakaway, etc). I must admit he has contributed to some excellent plays, so don't flame me.

Vladimir Orszagh -- don't get me wrong, I enjoy our Slovakian "tank". But he seems a little snakebit this year too. He has missed several key chances to bury the puck in the net.

OVER:

Zidlicky -- wow! A big improvement over An.y .elmore! hehe
Tootoo -- an amazing spark plug!
Erat -- how did he get so strong on the puck so quickly? Awesome!
Murray will never be a great scorer as he is VERY slow for a foward. He does have good hand though so he will get some goals.
I do think Murray is doing what he was brought here to do though, and that is add an all-around veteran foward. He can and has killed pentalties by himself.

Old
11-10-2003, 10:53 AM
MentalPowerHouse

Quote:

How about Comrie?

Old
11-10-2003, 11:21 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse
How about Comrie?
That's bee ran in the ground too much

Closed Thread