HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Question for the hardcore Blueshirt fans!

Old
07-12-2006, 10:38 PM
92hatchattack

vCash: 500
Question for the hardcore Blueshirt fans!

Ok guy, i have a question.

Where do ou guys get all your info on our prospects and whatnot. Is there a channel or online feeds of the Wolf pack's games? Ive never seen any of these prospects you are always talking about play, and im trying to find a way to check em out.

So, how do i bury myself in even more Blueshirts hockey????

Thanks in advance!!!

---Joe

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

HF Boards?

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:48 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post

Where do ou guys get all your info on our prospects and whatnot. Is there a channel or online feeds of the Wolf pack's games? Ive never seen any of these prospects you are always talking about play, and im trying to find a way to check em out.

Thanks in advance!!!

---Joe

You can purchase all the pack games online for about 6 bucks a game, the qaulity is usually pretty good. I also try to make it out to HFD for a few games a year.

NCAA prospects are on channels like FSN....I have satellite with all the FSN channels so there are NCAA games on every weekend.

CHL you can also purchase online feeds for a few bucks a game, the quality isn't as good as the AHL games but you can still figure out whats going on and who is who.

Cliche's team the Maineiacs stream all their home games live on there site for free.

From that you can gather your own opinions on the players and then you can read what scouts and other people say to knowledge yourself even more about them (sites like Mckeen is a decent site to read up on some prospects..but its not the greatest site). BlueshirtBulletin also does some decent coverage with the prospects.

For me, its all about a time thing, at nights when the games are aired at 7-10 im usually in, then when the games are over im out at the bars...no other way to do it my friend

Next year though or the year after there is no way ill be able to follow the prospects like i do now...when i get a full time job after I graduate im not going to have the energy to watch them anymore.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:52 PM
rangerjoe

Draft Guru Moderator

PLEASE take that logo down...are you trying to get us ousted from the playoffs already?!!

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:57 PM
92hatchattack

i wonder if my cable provider has any packages or anything.....

andyone know?? i have cablevision...

Old
07-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
i wonder if my cable provider has any packages or anything.....

andyone know?? i have cablevision...
Ehh, I have Cablevision as well. There's a few Fox Sports college channels in the early 400's...not sure if they show any hockey games though, but i'd bet they do.

If you want to watch amateur games, your best bet is watching them online like FLYLine mentioned.

Old
07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
92hatchattack

ok, so im a little confused still .. how many leagues DO we have?? and at what level is each????

Old
07-12-2006, 11:34 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
ok, so im a little confused still .. how many leagues DO we have?? and at what level is each????
AHL
CHL (QMJHL, WHL, OHL) - 3 Canadian junior Hockey leagues
NCAA
ECHL - Players get sent down there usually from the ECHL..no way to watch these games cept live.
Russian League, and Czech League we also have 2 players in (maybe more pending on if the players stay instead of going to the CHL)

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:

Thanks in advance!!!

---Joe

Step 1. Subscribe to Blueshirt Bulletin. They give lots of info on our prospects. ( http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/)

Step 2. Find out our prospects teams (Juniors, College etc) and read their team web sites/message boards. Our prospects are usually the better players and articles will be written on them.

Step 3. Get to watch Wolfpack games.

Step 4. Read these boards at Hockeysfuture.

Step 5. Try to get a hold of a draft guide for scouting reports...McKeen's , ISS, Redline report ...etc. You will learn about our prospects as soon as we draft them.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Fletch

The Time Warner Sports package...

does offer similar channels to what Draft Guru stated and there are college hockey games on those channels, as well as CSTV, about 4 channels in all. I assume Guru's talking about the same Fox channels - FCSA, FCSC and FCSP. Satellite was great because other areas show AHL games and you can catch some 'Pack games (used to see them on NESN a fair amount).

I didn't have the same luck with the video stream from the 'Pack game. Purchased one and it looked like a home video - one camera angle and poor quality on my screen. Maybe I'll try hooking the computer up to my plasma as a monitor to see if it gets better. My wife's going to love that.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:26 AM
92hatchattack

cool, i think i may subscribe to that blueshirts bulletin.... whats it 10 issues a year???

Old
07-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
does offer similar channels to what Draft Guru stated and there are college hockey games on those channels, as well as CSTV, about 4 channels in all. I assume Guru's talking about the same Fox channels - FCSA, FCSC and FCSP. Satellite was great because other areas show AHL games and you can catch some 'Pack games (used to see them on NESN a fair amount).
Yea, those are the channels I'm talking about. Cablevision has a 10 channel sport pack that includes those FSN Channels as well as OLN and some other junk

Still waiting for CSTV to be available on Cablevision.

Old
07-13-2006, 10:48 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
cool, i think i may subscribe to that blueshirts bulletin.... whats it 10 issues a year???
yes, 10 issues a year. This is their "off season" for two months. The good thing is that the next issue they release will have a review of the recently drafted Rangers which is always interesting. It will also contain any free agent activity.

Their writings on prospects is my favorite and always has a few unknown nuggets of information regarding these future Rangers.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 11:24 AM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:

Thanks in advance!!!

---Joe

I would consider you a hardcore fan if your talking about the NYR right here on this site. Just because you dont know every single prospect doesnt not (*shot by grammar police*) make you a hardcore fan.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 12:26 PM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Yea, those are the channels I'm talking about. Cablevision has a 10 channel sport pack that includes those FSN Channels as well as OLN and some other junk

Still waiting for CSTV to be available on Cablevision.
sports pack, as in a general sports pack, or the hockey package?? I know cablevission has a hockey package with a bunch of chanels with all the nhl games...... i think im going to buy that package this comming season...

Old
07-13-2006, 12:27 PM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I would consider you a hardcore fan if your talking about the NYR right here on this site. Just because you dont know every single prospect doesnt not (*shot by grammar police*) make you a hardcore fan.
^^^ haha, i guess. Im not trying to become the most knoledgable person of all time, lol. Just want to see what kind of guys we have waiting on our wings...

Old
07-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Edge

Get a job where having all the channels is required to do business, not only do you get to watch whatever and whoever you want but it's a tax write off.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:32 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

while doing your reading check out the other rangers sites like

http://www.hockeyrodent.com/

http://mt.hockeybird.com/

more than a few others... alot of good internet stuff on NYR

the ahl website is very useful

also check out tsn.ca the best hockey coverage on the net... for prospects its HF but for hockey ? no contest tsn. Sportsnet.ca gets an honorable mention

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote