HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-EDM

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2003, 11:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Official Game Thread: NYR-EDM

Oilers vs. Former Oilers.

Post 'em if you got 'em.

11-10-2003, 11:29 AM
True Blue

This is a suprisingly crucial game. It, like the next one against the Pens, is a must 2 points. Gotta win these games in your own building. This is also a pretty big game after a fairly tumultous off-day. If Sather again comes out with Messier playing 18 minuts, Lindros on wing, and Holik playing a role that is not him AND the Rangers loose, it could be a signal of a free-fall. And if that happens, kiss the season good-bye now.
OTOH, if Sather comes out with 4 lines, Messier playing on the 4th and Lindros playing at center where he belongs, it could begin to remedy some things. No doubt about it, this game and the next game could be a make or break for us. Not point-wise in the standings, but from a mental state of the team and the shape of the lockerroom.
If Lindros plays wing, IMO we loose and the free-fall begins. If Lindros plays center and everyone plays the roles that they are supposed to play, we win both tonight and Wednessday.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Can't wait to see York. I'm sure he'll draw a warm welcome from the Garden.

Will it be the Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde Rangers tonight? As Lindros would say, "yahtzee".

Old
11-10-2003, 11:38 AM
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
If Lindros plays center and everyone plays the roles that they are supposed to play, we win both tonight and Wednessday.

I agree 100%

Old
11-10-2003, 11:40 AM
barnaby63

5-2 rangers(poti,lindros,mironov,kovalev,rucinsky)

Old
11-10-2003, 11:48 AM
shmekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
This is a suprisingly crucial game. It, like the next one against the Pens, is a must 2 points. Gotta win these games in your own building. This is also a pretty big game after a fairly tumultous off-day. If Sather again comes out with Messier playing 18 minuts, Lindros on wing, and Holik playing a role that is not him AND the Rangers loose, it could be a signal of a free-fall. And if that happens, kiss the season good-bye now.
OTOH, if Sather comes out with 4 lines, Messier playing on the 4th and Lindros playing at center where he belongs, it could begin to remedy some things. No doubt about it, this game and the next game could be a make or break for us. Not point-wise in the standings, but from a mental state of the team and the shape of the lockerroom.
If Lindros plays wing, IMO we loose and the free-fall begins. If Lindros plays center and everyone plays the roles that they are supposed to play, we win both tonight and Wednessday.
I really want to think that Sather wanted to "toughen up" the lineup vs. Philly, and that was just a one-shot deal. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Lindros played solid on the wing Saturday so freakin sather might keep it togther.

I just want to see Moore-Lindros-Lundmark as a line.. Lundy and Moore can fly and lindros playing phyiscal could open holes up for them. As much as i hate it, put Hlavac back with Nedved and Kovalev, thats the only place for him.. playing Lacorture over him would screw up the lines.

Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Moore-Lindros-Lundmark
Rucinsky-Holik-Carter
Simon-Messier-Barnaby

Sather screwed with every line combo because of the Carolina (or to toughen up against philly) both in which should have had no factor. In Carolina it was penatlies that screwed us, not the lines non-performance. Go back to what worked, while giving Lundy and Moore more ice time. (i talked about this saturday night on wfan.. Jaime in CT, if anyone heard)

Old
11-10-2003, 11:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmekel
I really want to think that Sather wanted to "toughen up" the lineup vs. Philly, and that was just a one-shot deal. I'm not holding my breath, though.

I understand that.

However, if Sather did change the line up just for the Flyers than Philly won before the game even started. Go with your best. With Barnaby, Simon, and Lacouture, there should be plenty of toughness with or without Purinton. Or sit a defenseman and play Dale back there.

I would just like to see this team come out angry.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:07 PM
ragfan

Personally, I am excited to see Dvorak play again in MSG. I wonder how he is doing in Edmonton. ( He probbly is playing well on that ice surface)

Old
11-10-2003, 12:12 PM
rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

Post 'em if you got 'em.
I will sit up and listen to the game on the WFAN. Hopefully they`ll record another W to stay above .500.

Let`s Go Rangers!

Old
11-10-2003, 12:16 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragfan
Personally, I am excited to see Dvorak play again in MSG. I wonder how he is doing in Edmonton. ( He probbly is playing well on that ice surface)
Slow start to the season. Looked sluggish and a bit slow but he deserved the benefit of the doubt given that his wife gave birth prematurely.

Lately, Dvorak has been playing much better. He is currently playing on a line with Mike York and Raffi Torres. In the game against Columbus last week, Dvorak got the first star getting one assist. He was all over the ice and used his speed amazingly well. But he's having the worst luck. He's hit around 6 posts so far and has gotten robbed more than his fair share. I think it's only a matter of time, though.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:18 PM
NYR

Quote:

Post 'em if you got 'em.

Conklin starting in net for the Oilers and talk about the trade.

http://www.cbc.ca/pcgi-bin/templates...-rangers031110

Old
11-10-2003, 12:26 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

It's amazing how everyone on this board can put together logical lines but a professional GM who is known as "one of the best" (by some) is blind to the fact that :

A) If it's not broke, don't fix it. Keep the Mess - Barnaby - Simon line together and let them get their 15 minutes of ice time.

B) Lindros is NOT a freakin Right Winger!

C) Holik was signed to play on a checking line - remember?! Keep him with Carter and Rucinsky, their job is to protect against the opponents top lines and they have done well in that role.

D) Moore and Lundmark show hustle and energy; don't bother dressing them if your going to roll three lines again. If your that dumb then might as well give them playing time in Hartford cause your killing their confidence.

Old
11-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Should be a very exciting game. I have to go with everyone else and say that even though I'm not trying to over-homer the kids, a Moore-Lindros-Lundmark line would really be interesting, and makes some deal of sense. Although I'd rather see Barnaby on the Nedved line with Kovalev..gotta go with the Rucinsky-Holik-Carter line, and I'd put Hlavac back on the ice with Messier and Simon. That way you have alittle more options if you need to line shuffle half way through, rather then if you had LaCouture in there instead. If Barnaby stuggles some, or they just want to go back to having Matt with Mess, they can do so and move Hlavac back with Nedved, as oppose to trying to figure out what the hell to do with Dan. Or maybe even have Simon play with Lindros, Moore with Nedved, and Hlavac with Mess. Figuring out line combinations have become quite confusing...something tells me that's not a good sign either.

Option one-
Moore-Lindros-Lundmark
Barnaby-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Carter
Hlavac/Simon-Messier-Hlavac/Simon

Option two-
Simon-Lindros-Lundmark
Moore-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Carter
Hlavac-Messier-Barnaby

Option three-
Moore-Lindros-Lundmark
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Carter
Simon-Messier-Barnaby

Old
11-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Slats432

Good luck boys...hope it is a great game!!!

Old
11-10-2003, 01:45 PM
shmekel

Quote:
I understand that.

However, if Sather did change the line up just for the Flyers than Philly won before the game even started. Go with your best. With Barnaby, Simon, and Lacouture, there should be plenty of toughness with or without Purinton. Or sit a defenseman and play Dale back there.

I would just like to see this team come out angry.
I agree with that 100%.
The slapped together lines from the last game reek of last season's "system".

Old
11-10-2003, 02:16 PM
nyr5186

Tonight's lines...

Rucinsky-Holik-Lindros
Barnaby-Nedved-Carter
Simon-Messier-Kovalev
Hlavac-Moore-Lundy

Leetch-Poti
Malakhov-Mironov
Kaspar-DeVries

Dunham

:mad:

Poti shoots one from the point, Bobby tips it in.

Old
11-10-2003, 02:16 PM
nyyfan2

I cannot for the life of me understand what Slats is thinking with these lines. Lindros has shown that he plays better at center yet Sather insists on putting him with Holik and Rucinsky

Rucinsky-Holik-Lindros
Hlavac-Lundmark-Moore
Simon-Messier-Kovalev
Barnaby-Nedved-Carter

In no order obviously...

Holik from Poti

Rangers up 1-0

Old
11-10-2003, 02:24 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
I missed the start of the game. What was the reaction to York when his name was announced or when he first had the puck?

Old
11-10-2003, 02:31 PM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan88
I cannot for the life of me understand what Slats is thinking with these lines. Lindros has shown that he plays better at center yet Sather insists on putting him with Holik and Rucinsky
I'll try to answer this.......

....on second thought, I cannot

But hey, atleast Moore and Lundmark are where they belong. In the 4th line with the odd-man-out-Hlavac. Now just keep them on the bench, because they sure aren't dominating Glen !

Old
11-10-2003, 03:13 PM
riz

2-2, Dvorak from York. Smile Glen :mad:

Old
11-10-2003, 03:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I missed the start of the game. What was the reaction to York when his name was announced or when he first had the puck?
none but poti had a great assist on the holik goal

Old
11-10-2003, 03:16 PM
nyr5186

Barnaby goes for high-sticking in the offensive zone.

DeVries makes a cute little behind the back pass right to the point. Clanks off the post, Dvorak, untouched, puts it in the open net.

Old
11-10-2003, 03:19 PM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
none but poti had a great assist on the holik goal
Whee ! Poti with his first assist of the season. Seems like they are really turning the corner this team, aren't they ?

Edit: 2-3 Oilers, sounded like a lucky bounce.

Old
11-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Whee ! Poti with his first assist of the season. Seems like they are really turning the corner this team, aren't they ?
i hope they are unlike most people who cant get over and accept the poti deal. which i would make again

Closed Thread