HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Hauser a Cologne Shark

Old
07-13-2006, 04:39 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Hauser a Cologne Shark

But in Germany

link
German language

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 07:20 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
But in Germany

link
German language
Auf Wiedersehen

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:43 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
aside from the stupidly misleading thread title (emoticon winky in the text aside) this was mentioned in about 3 different threads three days ago.

Other than that, how nice that the singularly lamest goalie statistically in Kings history is still making headlines somewhere.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
aside from the stupidly misleading thread title (emoticon winky in the text aside) this was mentioned in about 3 different threads three days ago.
You're kind as usual...do you have your period?

Old
07-13-2006, 11:03 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Other than that, how nice that the singularly lamest goalie statistically in Kings history is still making headlines somewhere.
An excellent example on just how useless evaluations and conclusions based strictly on statistics are.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
An excellent example on just how useless evaluations and conclusions based strictly on statistics are.
See: Corvo, Joe

Also see: "Special Blueline Turnover"

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 02:01 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
Also see: "Special Blueline Turnover"

that would be -- Denis "the human empanada" Grebeshkov!

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 02:04 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Hauser's a decent goaltender who never really got a chance in the NHL except for 1 bad game (Garon was also horrible in that game too).

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 02:06 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:

If some people only knew the facts before opening their mouth.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
that would be -- Denis "the human empanada" Grebeshkov!
Bah! Now you've got me all hungry!

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Albi

It's nice to see you have a lot of fans my dear Tubby...

Old
07-13-2006, 04:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
tee hee

TEE HEE HEE

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:15 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vanbiesbrouck View Post
Hauser's a decent goaltender who never really got a chance in the NHL except for 1 bad game (Garon was also horrible in that game too).
Yes, I know. He just never factored into the Kings plans and was passed over because of it. He'll do well with some other team and we'll miss him here in Manchester.

Old
07-13-2006, 06:44 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Yes, I know. He just never factored into the Kings plans and was passed over because of it. He'll do well with some other team and we'll miss him here in Manchester.
I don't know if the rules changed with the new transfer agreement, but I still think that he can sign with the Kings until August 15 and it would void his Cologne contract.

Old
07-13-2006, 07:28 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't know if the rules changed with the new transfer agreement, but I still think that he can sign with the Kings until August 15 and it would void his Cologne contract.
I don't know either (perhaps Blazer has some insight into this) but given the goalie situation in LA and Manchester, there just isn't going to be any room for him on either roster.

Think about this for a minute (this is something Blazer and I were chatting about a few days ago): Assume Cloutier is going to be the Kings #1. If the Kings trade Garon, that leaves only Labs and Brust for depth, which isn't a position of strength. So, the Kings will likely keep Garon with Cloutier in LA (Cloutier mentors Garon), and Labs moves back to Manchester with Brust (assuming Labs sticks around). Hauser isn't going to choose Reading over a more lucrative contract in Germany, and I just don't see the Kings offering him a contract. The only real question becomes what do they do if Labs elects to bolt rather than play in the AHL next season.

Like I've mentioned in previous posts, Hauser was neither drafted nor otherwise wooed by the Kings, and he only fell into their lap when the Hnlicka/Chouinard tandem failed them. It is interesting that the Kings kept him around backing up Garon during the lockout, but I figure it's because they thought with Brust, Munce and Fukufuji in the pipe they didn't need to go back to the well for any more goalie prospects right away. So they kept him around since he was as good (and cheap for his ability) as anyone else they might pick up.

But they didn't offer him any decent money to stay last season and he was a reluctant signing. When Hughes started playing Brust over Hauser, the writing was on the wall for all to see. Despite posting numbers comparable to Garon and Labarbera during the lockout season (he finished in the top 10) he was the Kings red-headed, freckled step-child.

Old
07-13-2006, 10:47 PM
ILuvLA

[QUOTE=ReggieMoto;6018075]I don't know either (perhaps Blazer has some insight into this) but given the goalie situation in LA and Manchester, there just isn't going to be any room for him on either roster.

Think about this for a minute (this is something Blazer and I were chatting about a few days ago): Assume Cloutier is going to be the Kings #1. If the Kings trade Garon, that leaves only Labs and Brust for depth, which isn't a position of strength. So, the Kings will likely keep Garon with Cloutier in LA (Cloutier mentors Garon), and Labs moves back to Manchester with Brust (assuming Labs sticks around). Hauser isn't going to choose Reading over a more lucrative contract in Germany, and I just don't see the Kings offering him a contract. The only real question becomes what do they do if Labs elects to bolt rather than play in the AHL next season. [QUOTE]

Is Labarbera on a one or two way contract?

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:23 AM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
Don't know. I found this story on his signing back in August, 2005, where it says he signed a two-year deal with LA, but there are no details regarding type of contract. He signed as a UFA, and this is his final year of the contract.

Old
07-14-2006, 06:41 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Why does Garon need to be mentored? He'll be 28 years old in January. There is no more mentoring, he is what he is.

Old
07-14-2006, 07:05 AM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Why does Garon need to be mentored? He'll be 28 years old in January. There is no more mentoring, he is what he is.
OK, maybe mentor is not the right word or even the right thing to call it. Let's say having Cloutier in LA will push and challenge Garon to work harder to regain the #1 position. Fact is, with Cloutier and Garon in LA the Kings have two capable goalies, and should one of them go down for any length of time you can't rely on Brust. If Labarbera is available in Manchester then the Kings have a reasonable backup plan.

There's still no room for Hauser. Personally, I think he is every bit the goalie that Labarbera is and a more talented goalie than Brust. I would've kept Hauser and shopped Brust.

Old
07-14-2006, 07:29 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
From what we heard back east when LaBarbera signed, it's a one-way deal. He'd have to clear coming down either way (crap-shoot) then, because of the $75k rule, he'd need to clear if he was recalled to L.A. The Kings are in a difficult position wrt goaltending and waivers this season...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 02:59 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
The Kings are in a difficult position wrt goaltending and waivers this season...

Only if you honestly believe that LaBarbera would be coveted by another NHL team. I think not.

While another NHL team may want him in an effort to get him down to THEIR AHL club, the Kings would most probably thwart that (unless they didn't care either, and have the opportunity to rid themselves of another useless one-way contract.)

Most teams have far better back-up plans in place and young goalies coming up through their system. I, for one, hope LaBarbera can find his way down to a level of hockey where he's had some proven success, and can continue to thrive AND be a third string alternative as soon as Cloutier gets hurt.

P.S. Thanks for changing the title to the thread... my point was made.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:04 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
OK, maybe mentor is not the right word or even the right thing to call it. Let's say having Cloutier in LA will push and challenge Garon to work harder to regain the #1 position. Fact is, with Cloutier and Garon in LA the Kings have two capable goalies, and should one of them go down for any length of time you can't rely on Brust. If Labarbera is available in Manchester then the Kings have a reasonable backup plan.

There's still no room for Hauser. Personally, I think he is every bit the goalie that Labarbera is and a more talented goalie than Brust. I would've kept Hauser and shopped Brust.

Cloutier isnt the type of goalie that is going to push Garon. They are the same type of goaltender. average regular season goalies who cant do anything in clutch situations. As fas as Lababera goes, hes going to have to clear waivers to get to Manchester. Its tough to say if that happens, and even if he does it may not be a good situation. Chances are he would not be happy in Manchester, and if the Monarchs want to continue to develop Brust it may not be a good move. Trade Lababera for a low round pick and be done with it IMO.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:39 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I'd rather the Kings trade Garon. If the Kings need a more capable backup goalie later on then we'll cross that road when we get to it.