HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Milbury confirms Wiemer rumors

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 06:40 AM
isles52480

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckU
I know the islanders and rangers are divisional rivals and usually do not make trades, but what about a deal containing

Isles
Anson Carter and Tom Poti

Rangers
Jason Weirmer and Roman Hammerlik

I am not too confident on salaries, but I think the islanders reduce payroll by making this trade.
Actually, the Isles pick up about 400K in salary. Since this is strictly a salary dump...

Old
11-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyGarrioch
To Ottawa
Jason Weimer

To New York
Petr Shastlivy
4th round pick

Yuch.

I hope the Isles are not reduced to deals like this.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:34 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85
How about Kloucek from Nashville???
Personally I would like that deal, although the Isles may want a late round pick included due to Kloucek's injury history making him a risk. He's cheap and would add a physical presence to the Isles blueline.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:36 AM
Peter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
Why are the Nucks fans always wanting to trade Ruutu? From the few nucks games I've seen this year, he's a super pest. Ya he might take some dumb penalties but the agitation pests bring to the table usually out-weighs those dumb penalties. Why do you want to get rid of him?

Avery, Tucker, Nash, Lapperriere, Claude Lemieux, Dale Hunter... all of those guys are great pests and really stir the pot and (usually) get their teams fired up with a good hit, a fight with someone a lot larger than they are, or drawing a key penalty. I dunno... I'd love to have a guy like Ruutu on the Caps' 4th line... not that I'd go very far towards solving our problems, but it would give us something we haven't had since Dale retired.
What do Tucker, Nash, Lapperriere, Lemieux and Hunter all have in common? They got traded quite a bit because: a) they are exactly what you describe BUT also b) they really steam team GM's and coaches with their undisciplined play.

The same goes for Ruttuu. I like Ruttuu. I am an advocate for him on our Canuck's board. But, for the first time in years, we have an actual chance at a Stanely Cup and I would rather have and experienced pest in Weimer over an inexperienced one like Ruttuu...for this ride anyways.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:47 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckU
I know the islanders and rangers are divisional rivals and usually do not make trades, but what about a deal containing

Isles
Anson Carter and Tom Poti

Rangers
Jason Weirmer and Roman Hammerlik

I am not too confident on salaries, but I think the islanders reduce payroll by making this trade.

Read some of the articles the day after last yr's trade deadline.

Isles and rangers went head to head for Niinimma.Rangers didn't go after Carter until they'd lost Niinimaa bid.

If the nyi wanted Carter,he'd have been the Oiler they went after.He wasn't.
What's the struggling Carter doing this yr that Chow and Parrish aren't.

and Poti is a huge step down from Hamrlik.

It would take a lot more then the struggling Carter+ Poti to get Hamrlik+Weimer.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Skrymir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Yuch.

I hope the Isles are not reduced to deals like this.
I agree, this deal doesn't quite make sense from an Islander POV. Though I would not be at all surprised if Muckler had made a call to Milbury regarding Weimer. Muckler made no secret that when Weimer was a FA the sens were in the running, also that he was interested in him when he was being traded from Florida.

IMO Schastlivy is like Weinhandl but less consistant, so I don't see why the Isles would want him.

What would the Isles want from Ottawa for Weimer?

Old
11-11-2003, 07:53 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
To Ottawa
Jason Weimer

To New York
Petr Shastlivy
4th round pick

The teams the press says nyi have been talking to about Weimer have been the Stars and Flames.Western conference teams.Isles aren't trying to improve potential eastern conference playoff rivals.

and why are the nyi with simlar cheap young forwards to Shastlivy interested in Shastlivy?I'm not a Papineau fan,but the isles are intrigued by his skill.They also have the Weinhandl.

If Weimer goes,I wouldn't mind seeing Malholtra coming back to LI.Isles get some size,toughness back.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:55 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

I was just repeating what was in Ottawa papers. Granted it came from the the myth, the man, the legend Bruce Garrioch. Muckler and Milbury were talks about Weimer and Milbury was/is interested in Shastlivy.

Old
11-11-2003, 07:57 AM
CREW99AW

[QUOTE=eazye]
Quote:
To Ottawa
Jason Weimer

To New York
Petr Shastlivy
4th round pick

Hey BigDaddyGarrioch....You must of read this morning article from Garrioch saying that the Islanders were interested in Schastlivy for Wiemer. My question to you is: Would the Islanders be willing to trade Wiemer to a team they could very well play in the Playoffs?? I hope they do trade Wiemer to Ottawa because he is exactly the 3rd line, gritty LW that Ottawa needs.
Didn't Garroich also say the isles were interested in a Shastlivy for Izzy deal several months before Izzy went to the Oilers? :p .

Old
11-11-2003, 07:59 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Didn't Garroich also say the isles were interested in a Shastlivy for Izzy deal several months before Izzy went to the Oilers? :p .
He also reported that Keenan was going to assume dual roles in Florida one day before he was fired.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:00 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
How about Kloucek from Nashville???

3-4 Months before the Isles traded Chara to Ottowa in the Yashin deal,Sather asked for Chara at the trade deadline and MM supposedly asked for Kloucek.

I'm not sure how high they'd be on him now after the knee injury(injuries?).

Old
11-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

TSN announced that Wiemer could be on waivers as soon as today. Check www.tsn.ca/nhl

Milbury is one very, very odd man. Wiemer has trade value, why let him go for nothing?

~Canucklehead~

11-11-2003, 08:51 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
3-4 Months before the Isles traded Chara to Ottowa in the Yashin deal,Sather asked for Chara at the trade deadline and MM supposedly asked for Kloucek.

I'm not sure how high they'd be on him now after the knee injury(injuries?).
It would be worth taking a look at for both teams.

Nashville could us Wiemer to Center a line With Mckenzie and Tootoo.

I'm sure Poile could be talked into adding a late pick as well. Being that the Preds and Isles are my two favorite teams I think this works for both.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
TSN announced that Wiemer could be on waivers as soon as today. Check www.tsn.ca/nhl

Milbury is one very, very odd man. Wiemer has trade value, why let him go for nothing?

~Canucklehead~

Since the Isles announced yesterday that Wiemer would either be traded or waived, this is not exactly news.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:58 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrymir
I agree, this deal doesn't quite make sense from an Islander POV. Though I would not be at all surprised if Muckler had made a call to Milbury regarding Weimer. Muckler made no secret that when Weimer was a FA the sens were in the running, also that he was interested in him when he was being traded from Florida.

IMO Schastlivy is like Weinhandl but less consistant, so I don't see why the Isles would want him.

What would the Isles want from Ottawa for Weimer?
I think any trade between the two teasm is highly unlikely at the present time.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Trottier
Very Random

I was literally thinking about Kloucek for Weimer last night, after reading about the Predators abundance of dmen in today's Tennesean.com.

I'd take it from NYI's perspective. Kloucek is a project at this point, but Weimer is hours away from being waiver fodder, so NYI cannot be too particular.

Plus, Kloucek makes $400,000 and would be an upgrade over the $900,000 Cairns, whose contract NYI is rumored to want to dump.

(If they could only find a taker for Timander.... )

Old
11-11-2003, 09:04 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
I was literally thinking about Kloucek for Weimer last night, after reading about the Thrashers abundance of dmen in today's Tennesean.com.

I'd take it from NYI's perspective. Kloucek is a project at this point, but Weimer is hours away from being waiver fodder, so NYI cannot be too particular.

Plus, Kloucek makes $400,000 and would be an upgrade over the $900,000 Cairns, whose contract NYI is rumored to want to dump.

(If they could only find a taker for Timander.... )
Its Predators...Predators....

Smart trade for both GM's so it probably won't happen!!!!!

They play each other Saturday night.

Old
11-11-2003, 09:11 AM
FacelessButcher

Parrish, Weimer, and Scatchard!? possibly on the trade block?
If Milbury just dumps Scatchard as extra fat/pay-roll cut someone plz go up to him and slap him for me.Now let the bidding for Scatchard Commence!!!!

Old
11-11-2003, 09:17 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
If Milbury just dumps Scatchard as extra fat/pay-roll cut someone plz go up to him and slap him for me.Now let the bidding for Scatchard Commence!!!!

Says Parrish + Scatchard($1.5m) are candidates to go IF the youngsters perform well.

New York Daily News

Isles cutting the payroll fat

Forwards such as Mark Parrish and injured Dave Scatchard also are candidates to be sacrificed in the coming months, especially if youngsters like Hunter and Sean Bergenheim continue to earn extended minutes.

Old
11-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher

Scatchard makes 1.3 million. He is one of the lowest paid forwards on the team, and the only big physical guy in the top nine. He is unlikely to be moved. Also, Scatch is currently injured.

That said, Bates has been playing so well that he might make Scatchard a bit redundant. So, I would be surprised if Scatch got dealt but not shocked.

Old
11-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Its Predators...Predators....

Smart trade for both GM's so it probably won't happen!!!!!

They play each other Saturday night.
Whoops.

Chronic side-effect of over-expansion. :p

Old
11-11-2003, 09:56 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Scatchard makes 1.3 million. He is one of the lowest paid forwards on the team, and the only big physical guy in the top nine. He is unlikely to be moved. Also, Scatch is currently injured.

That said, Bates has been playing so well that he might make Scatchard a bit redundant. So, I would be surprised if Scatch got dealt but not shocked.

Bates makes I think $1m?

I appreciate what Bates brings to the pk but I'd rather have Scatchard's size,toughness down the middle.

Old
11-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Count of DannyKristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
BTW, this is a little OT, but I was watching the NHL Network the other night and they had a sneak peak at conversations NHL GMs have at draft day. They had Burke talking with his brass saying "I promised I'd take the Sedins, and Don promised he was taking Stefan", but the best one was Mike Milbury talking to someone I didn't recognize:

MM: "I traded Luongo last night."
Other guy: "HOLY--!"

The reaction was just hilarious. :p
Yeah, I saw that as well. A couple times actually, it's a good show. NHL All Access I believe it's called.

The other guy was Atlanta GM Don Waddell. That draft was when NYI had the first pick, Atlanta the 2nd and Minnesota the 3rd. Waddell wanted Heatley so he was talking to Milbury. Waddell's reaction to the Luongo trade was classic!

Old
11-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 50
I think Wiemer will end up on waivers and there's more to this than just a salary issue. We'll find out soon enough.

Old
11-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I think Wiemer will end up on waivers and there's more to this than just a salary issue. We'll find out soon enough.

I hate to say it, but I agree.

Closed Thread