HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aebischer here to stay.

Old
07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Aebischer here to stay.

Just watched RIS and there was an interview with Carbonneau. Carbonneau said Huet only had 80 games of experience, that he wasn't a Brodeur or a proven starter so he and Aebischer would have to compete for the starting job.

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:11 PM
zednik20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Just watched RIS and there was an interview with Carbonneau. Carbonneau said Huet only had 80 games of experience, that he wasn't a Brodeur or a proven starter so he and Aebischer would have to compete for the starting job.
do you really think hes going to say in the media that he doesn't want him ?...

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Fair enough. Doesn't mean he's "here to stay," just that he will start the year with us, which many of us though would happen at this point / were hoping for anyway.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:28 PM
the_crippler12

Quote:
i hope he will stay with the habs i got i bad feelings about huet can he play 60 good games...?

the_crippler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:28 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Rumors have Florida being interested. I think Danis is more than capable of competing for the starting job

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Beakermania*

Yesterday Pierre Lebrun said on "The spin" on channel the score that he thinks Aeby will stay for the start of the season and if Huet proves he is a starter and not a one year fluke Aeby will be traded in Jan. Gives the Habs more time to evaluate their needs as well.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Good news , have 2 number1 is a luxury a lot of teams can't affrod. Even if i like Danis another year in the 'A' wont hurt him.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Malefic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 View Post
Rumors have Florida being interested. I think Danis is more than capable of competing for the starting job
Funny I remember an awful lot of quotes like this about Garon too. And Conklin. And Markannen. And Grahame. And Raycroft. Consistent goalies don't grow on trees. So when you get a couple you hold on to them until the right deal comes along. Particularly when the bar was set spectacularly low by the Cloutier deal.

Aebischer is a cheap, and proven insurance policy for Huet. And if a team gets desperate for a goalie at the deadline they would probably overpay for Abby because of his friendly salary.

Malefic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:03 PM
RC51

OK,

Gainey need a good center. Want to deal from a position of strength.
A few have inquired about Aebisher A few about Sauray.

Gainey knows he must add a prospect along with one or both of these players to land his center.

Gainey, ( thinking way ahead) hides Grabovsky by telling him not to show up on time. Tells Latendresse to show up with a bandage on his foot. Tells Kosty not to show too much at the camp(drag his feet)

Do you think scouts are not eyeing some of our prospects? at the open camp.

Gainey tells the press he is done his dealing for now ( and waits for the phone to ring )

Carbo tells the press Abby will stay ( fake message )

Gaineys phone rings, it's the Panthers and the dealing starts, the Panthers dont realy want to part with Horton, but gainey adds a prospect along with Abby and maybe Ribs. Ribs actualy has more points then Horton.

It's a Spy vs. Spy game right now.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
OK,

Gainey knows he must add a prospect along with one or both of these players to land his center.

Gainey, ( thinking way ahead) hides Grabovsky by telling him not to show up on time. Tells Latendresse to show up with a bandage on his foot. Tells Kosty not to show too much at the camp(drag his feet)

Gainey tells the press he is done his dealing for now ( and waits for the phone to ring )

Gaineys phone rings, it's the Panthers and the dealing starts, the Panthers dont realy want to part with Horton, but gainey adds a prospect along with Abby and maybe Ribs. Ribs actualy has more points then Horton.

Lol, you should change your name to "conspiracys are us"

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:26 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
OK,

Possibly overanalyzing...I don't think BG and Carbo have the time to come up with this stuff...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:36 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Possibly overanalyzing...I don't think BG and Carbo have the time to come up with this stuff...
I know I'am way out there with this, just thinking outside the box, way out the box.

Just taking known facts and moving the pieces around.

Old
07-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Heimy

Just a question...what would the Habs want from Florida for Danis?

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 07:42 PM
tinyzombies

There is nothing on this team that could get us Horton.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post
that's why I don't think we would trade with them... if the blues wanted him, would they have something interesting?

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 07:59 PM
goalchenyuk

wings are rumoured to have an eye on our goaler...

Aebish and Samsonov for Lang ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
A draft pick would probably do it. The habs roster is pretty much set as is, and I don't see any prospects Florida has that would be terribly interesting, though I admittedly didn't look too closely (and I obviously didn't count guys like Stewart or Olesz).

The only roster upgrade that it would make any sense for the habs to do is an upgrade on Ribeiro. Looking at Floridas roster, there are actually a surprising number of guys who come close to being a fit. Jokinen would obviously work, but....well, you know. I'd love to get Weiss, but Florida probably wouldn't do that either. That leaves Nieuwendyk and Stumpel as options, and neither thrill me, to be honest.

Anyways, I think the only thing that would be mildly interesting would be either draft picks, or one of Nieuwendyk and Stumpel (with Ribeiro either going to Florida, or somewhere else for a pick). You would also have to convince Gainey that he actually wants to move Danis, which he may well have no interest in.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:09 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
A draft pick would probably do it. The habs roster is pretty much set as is, and I don't see any prospects Florida has that would be terribly interesting, though I admittedly didn't look too closely (and I obviously didn't count guys like Stewart or Olesz).

The only roster upgrade that it would make any sense for the habs to do is an upgrade on Ribeiro. Looking at Floridas roster, there are actually a surprising number of guys who come close to being a fit. Jokinen would obviously work, but....well, you know. I'd love to get Weiss, but Florida probably wouldn't do that either. That leaves Nieuwendyk and Stumpel as options, and neither thrill me, to be honest.

Anyways, I think the only thing that would be mildly interesting would be either draft picks, or one of Nieuwendyk and Stumpel (with Ribeiro either going to Florida, or somewhere else for a pick). You would also have to convince Gainey that he actually wants to move Danis, which he may well have no interest in.
You forgot Horton. Which is exactly what we need as 2nd center
He is a natural center, big strong, skates very well, shoots right.
He played rw last year but he is a true center. He is now just comming into his own. He is a TOP pick. This is the guy I want, even above Weiss.
Samsonov Horton Kovalev, IS HUGE

Old
07-13-2006, 08:33 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
He played rw last year but he is a true center. He is now just comming into his own. He is a TOP pick. This is the guy I want, even above Weiss.
I don't think Florida would trade Horton... would be stupid from them IMO

Old
07-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, Mike Millbury is not Panthers' GM

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:37 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn View Post
Unfortunately for you, Mike Millbury is not Panthers' GM
too bad for him yes, but also for the rest of the NHL

Old
07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
too bad for him yes, but also for the rest of the NHL
Hehe... can't believe this guy traded Luongo and Jokinen for DiPietro and Parrish.
He traded Chara, Spezza... for Lazy Yashin

And the list can continue with Bertuzzi, etc, etc...

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
OK,

Yes, sabotage our private rookie evaluation in order to cheat a team out of a #1 centre! It makes perfect sense!

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post

I might be mistaken but wouldn't Danis need to clear waivers if he's sent down? If that's the case, and if Aebischer really does stay with the Habs, I figure Gainey would be happy to take a mid round pick for him instead of losing him for nothing.

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
I might be mistaken but wouldn't Danis need to clear waivers if he's sent down? If that's the case, and if Aebischer really does stay with the Habs, I figure Gainey would be happy to take a mid round pick for him instead of losing him for nothing.
The habs have the cap space to keep him on the roster if they have to, like Buffalo did last year. It would mean getting rid of Downey or Streit if they fullfill their promise to open a roster spot for a rookie. But if they'd rather just trade Danis, yeah, I think a draft pick would do it. I'm also under the impression he would have to clear waivers, but I'm no CBA expert.

p.s. I ignored Horton because there's no way in hell we can get Horton.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote