HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Pick your villain ...

View Poll Results: The biggest jerk is ...
Kevin Lowe 0 0%
Mike Comrie 54 62.07%
Rich Winter 33 37.93%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 07:51 PM
igor*

vCash: 500
Pick your villain ...

So, who do you think is the biggest jerk in the Comrie debacle?

I know a lot of people would like to pick 2 or 4 of the players ... but I'm limiting you to just one pick here

Old
11-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Oilers Hockey

Rich Winters, although I wish there was a way to pick both Comrie and Winters...but I still blame Winters for being the "Wormtongue" of this whole debacle.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Mizral

I don't think either sides are being 'jerks'.

I think it's just becoming painfully clear to the Comrie camp that they just weren't all that happy in Edmonton (hey, just because he wasn't happy there doesn't necessarily mean he's a terrible person), and Lowe is taking eons to realize it and move him along. On the other hand, none of this would have happened if Comrie kept his head down & played.

I don't think Winter has been a jerk at all. He wouldn't be doing his job if he signed Comrie to play with Lowe. I think he's tried to help Lowe move Comrie & get things done.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:54 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
I don't think either sides are being 'jerks'.

I think it's just becoming painfully clear to the Comrie camp that they just weren't all that happy in Edmonton (hey, just because he wasn't happy there doesn't necessarily mean he's a terrible person), and Lowe is taking eons to realize it and move him along. On the other hand, none of this would have happened if Comrie kept his head down & played.

I don't think Winter has been a jerk at all. He wouldn't be doing his job if he signed Comrie to play with Lowe. I think he's tried to help Lowe move Comrie & get things done.
How is Lowe "taking eons to realize it and move him along"? If you are Lowe, who is this about....the Oilers or Mike Comrie?

How do you know these things Miz? It's quite possible that Lowe knew MC wasn't coming back long before the press did. I think he realized quite a while ago.

I really don't know how people can say Lowe is dragging his feet on this.......unless you're his personal assistant or something.

Lowe doesn't need to worry about Comries patience. He owes Mike NOTHING at this point.

Comrie says sitting out right now helps his future. WELL........Kevin Lowe waiting for the right offer, really helps the TEAMS future too.

As far as Lowe is concerned....this is only about the Edmonton Oilers and NOT Mike Comrie anymore.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Cujo_31

Comrie.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:26 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor
So, who do you think is the biggest jerk in the Comrie debacle?

I know a lot of people would like to pick 2 or 4 of the players ... but I'm limiting you to just one pick here
You forgot one serious possibility - MacT

Old
11-09-2003, 01:31 PM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
How is Lowe "taking eons to realize it and move him along"? If you are Lowe, who is this about....the Oilers or Mike Comrie?

How do you know these things Miz? It's quite possible that Lowe knew MC wasn't coming back long before the press did. I think he realized quite a while ago.

I really don't know how people can say Lowe is dragging his feet on this.......unless you're his personal assistant or something.

Lowe doesn't need to worry about Comries patience. He owes Mike NOTHING at this point.

Comrie says sitting out right now helps his future. WELL........Kevin Lowe waiting for the right offer, really helps the TEAMS future too.

As far as Lowe is concerned....this is only about the Edmonton Oilers and NOT Mike Comrie anymore.
Well said, G2K. I'm on exactly the same page as you on this Comrie thing. And looking at the results of this poll ... it seems fair to say that most people are.

Old
11-09-2003, 03:47 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
plain and simple winters is doing as his client tells him. in otherwords comrie is to blame g2k is 100% right imo.

btw ZIM why MacT wots the reasoning/evidence behind that statement ?

Old
11-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
The way Comrie played, he deserved to be on the 4th line. Comrie should realize that he has to earn the ice time and not have it handed to him on a silver spoon. I don't think Comrie is better than a 2nd liner and that's because of his size.

11-09-2003, 03:57 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
btw ZIM why MacT wots the reasoning/evidence behind that statement ?
It's been alluded to in other threads but the speculation is that part of MacT's reluctance to resign this summer had to do with Comrie. The rumor was that MacT didn't think the Oilers could win with the team they had, one could guess Comrie and his attitude for exmple. If Lowe told MacT he would handle it that could explain why Lowe is taking a very hard line - MacT doesn't want Comrie on the team and that was the price for hiring MacT.

THIS IS PURE SPECULATION. NO ONE REALLY KNOWS.

Anyway, I thought that if MacT were added to the poll we could find out how many people consider the speculation plausible.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:31 PM
HOZ

With taped up ankles HOZ jumps fromthe Salo bandwagon...

Definitely Salos fault. He is faulted for everything else why not this? I am sure he had something to do with Comrie's decision.

Old
11-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
With taped up ankles HOZ jumps fromthe Salo bandwagon...

Definitely Salos fault. He is faulted for everything else why not this? I am sure he had something to do with Comrie's decision.

I blame Barry Fraser. He's RICH, spent his WINTERs in Mexico, and drafted COMRIE.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Old
11-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Yeah, Blame Barry Fraser. He was living in Mexico and drafted Comrie. Can't blame Salo as he's a goalie and not a scout but Barry Fraser was head scout when Comrie was drafted. Could we also blame Slats for this? After all he was GM at the time Comrie was drafted.

Old
11-09-2003, 08:14 PM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

God I miss Doug Weight.

Old
11-10-2003, 03:43 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
God I miss Doug Weight.
I'll see your Weight and raise you Steven Rice and Jimmy Carson.

I voted Comrie; if it was all Winters, Comrie could say Rich, yer fired, I want a new agent. (Doesn't mean I disagree with lowetide that Comrie is getting bad advice from somewhere though. I'm not sure he isn't. I am sure that he's of the age of majority, has made a decision, and gets to take responsibility for it, regardless of his reasons why.)

(As far as ZIM's contention that it *could* be MacT - perhaps, but that would put the ball back onto Lowe, as if MacT said it's him or me, Lowe obviously decided it's Comrie that gets the gate.)

Old
11-10-2003, 03:53 PM
gb701

1/2 a vote for each of Comrie and Winter - Comrie for the swelled head whose feelings got hurt because he wasn't given the positive reinforcement he wanted, and Winter because he didn't hit the kid upside the head with a shovel and make him accepting the qualifying offer that would have paid him more than he is worth, more than he will now accept, and at least have had him playing and earning a salary.

Let's see where it leaves Comrie - no salary this year, then a strike keeps him out next year - he will have to try to make a team!

Closed Thread