HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Cammaleri's Career

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2006, 01:34 PM
  #1
Heske_44
Registered User
 
Heske_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Cammaleri's Career

This seems to be another fine young forward in the system.

Any expectations for next season and career as a whole?

Aside from your goaltending situations, I am very pleased with young huge array of young talented forwards.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:40 PM
  #2
wupmasta2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
I believe he scored 20 plus goals last year. And, that was while playing on the second line.

The guy is a PP specialist and plays with guts. That goal he scored on one knee w/ another defensemen draped on his back was awesome.

I think he's going to score another 20-25 goals next season. And, he'll have a better center than Armstrong, in McCauley, dishing him the puck.

I have total confidence in the guy. He's legit.

wupmasta2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
  #3
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
If Cammy gets the right playing time, I say he gets 30 goals easy...probably around 60 points.

As for the rest of his career, he's going to score alot of goals.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 02:22 PM
  #4
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 34,919
vCash: 500
I think his potential is quite high. Playing under Crawford, he should see a lot more ice time, and not be forced to play a lunch pail game like Murray wanted. Not only will it help him stay healthier, but it will also help him rack up the points.

__________________
I love you all.
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 02:27 PM
  #5
Primakov!
Registered User
 
Primakov!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yesteryear
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wupmasta2000 View Post
I think he's going to score another 20-25 goals next season. And, he'll have a better center than Armstrong, in McCauley, dishing him the puck.
Derek Armstrong: 62GP (13G - 28A)
Alyn McCauley: 76GP (12G - 14A)

Yeah... the better center...

And in other news, the Armstrong Bashing Train chugs on!

Primakov! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:00 PM
  #6
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Cammy would score 40 with the right linemates.

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:05 PM
  #7
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Cammy would score 40 with the right linemates.
Do you mean:

Frolov - O'Sullivan - Cammalleri ???

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:16 PM
  #8
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Josh Deitell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks View Post
Do you mean:

Frolov - O'Sullivan - Cammalleri ???
I was thinking:
Frolov - Conroy - Cammalleri

O'Sullivan - Kopitar - Brown seems like it'd work well.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:27 PM
  #9
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Cammy would score 40 with the right linemates.
i wouldn't go that far... Sergei Samsonov hasn't ever hit 30.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
  #10
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
Derek Armstrong: 62GP (13G - 28A)
Alyn McCauley: 76GP (12G - 14A)

Yeah... the better center...

And in other news, the Armstrong Bashing Train chugs on!
With McCauley playing with bone chips in his knee. Armstrong barely gets tapped and he's out for weeks....

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:44 PM
  #11
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Is Armstrong a legit top-sixer? No.

However, he does have a decent offensive skillset. You don't put up the kind of numbers in the A that he did without some talent.

He may not be great, but he held the fort for the team on numerous occasions when they needed him to. And before he was injured this season he was putting up very good totals.

At the very least, he's an excellent reserve forward.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:55 PM
  #12
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i wouldn't go that far... Sergei Samsonov hasn't ever hit 30.

You put Cammy on a line with Joe Thorton and he'll easily score 40.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:56 PM
  #13
Primakov!
Registered User
 
Primakov!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yesteryear
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
With McCauley playing with bone chips in his knee. Armstrong barely gets tapped and he's out for weeks....
Your exaggeration is amusing in its inaccuracy.

Primakov! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:59 PM
  #14
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 34,919
vCash: 500
With McCauly and Conroy down the middle, we have two Selke nominated centers. As Reaper mentioned, McCauly was playing with bone chips in his knee most of last season, but the year before, he scored 20 goals and put up more than .50 points a game.

However, with that said, I too like Armstrong, and I do think he is a better playmaker than McCauley is.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:01 PM
  #15
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
You put Cammy on a line with Joe Thorton and he'll easily score 40.
like i said... Sergei Samsonov hasn't ever hit 30.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:04 PM
  #16
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
like i said... Sergei Samsonov hasn't ever hit 30.
And? What's your point?

Cammy > Samsonov

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:10 PM
  #17
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
And? What's your point?

Cammy > Samsonov
heh...

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 04:10 PM
  #18
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
And? What's your point?

Cammy > Samsonov
Until he proves otherwise, Samsonov > Cammalleri

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 05:35 PM
  #19
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
And? What's your point?

Cammy > Samsonov

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 05:35 PM
  #20
Heske_44
Registered User
 
Heske_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Thanks Guys, solid feedback, time to put this guy out to stud.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:30 PM
  #21
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Quote:
Until he proves otherwise, Samsonov > Cammalleri
Quote:
heh...
05-06 Stats:
Samsonov GP-74 G-23 A-30 PTS-53
Cammalleri GP-80 G-26 A-29 PTS-56

Their stats are almost identical. All this despite the fact that Cammalleri saw limited ice the first half of the season, and he played with arguably weaker linemates than Samsonov.

Also throw in the fact that Cammalleri is less injury prone, and is younger.

All this leads me to the following statement:
Cammy > Sammy

The gap will only get wider in the coming years.


Last edited by johnjm22: 07-14-2006 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Typo
johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 06:36 PM
  #22
Heske_44
Registered User
 
Heske_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
05-06 Stats:
Samsonov GP-74 G-23 A-53 PTS-53
Cammalleri GP-80 G-26 A-29 PTS-56

Their stats are almost identical. All this despite the fact that Cammalleri saw limited ice the first half of the season, and he played with arguably weaker linemates than Samsonov.

Also throw in the fact that Cammalleri is less injury prone, and is younger.

All this leads me to the following statement:
Cammy > Sammy

The gap will only get wider in the coming years.
Fully agree.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 07:35 PM
  #23
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
05-06 Stats:
Samsonov GP-74 G-23 A-30 PTS-53
Cammalleri GP-80 G-26 A-29 PTS-56

Their stats are almost identical. All this despite the fact that Cammalleri saw limited ice the first half of the season, and he played with arguably weaker linemates than Samsonov.

Also throw in the fact that Cammalleri is less injury prone, and is younger.

All this leads me to the following statement:
Cammy > Sammy

The gap will only get wider in the coming years.
One year does not make a career. Until Cammalleri proves he can be consistant Samsonov is better.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:20 PM
  #24
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,260
vCash: 500
The disagreement here comes because "better" doesn't define anything, so everyone has their own definition for it. You're never just "better" than someone; you're better at something than him. No one would disagree that Samsonov is better at consistent production because he's proven it over a long career. The few people who have brought this up are correct. On the other hand, a strong case could be made for Cammalleri being a better choice if you had to choose between the two players right now, because of youth and potential. I believe that the latter is what johnjm22 means, and I agree with that, too.

If you're going to compare two similar players, don't unequivocally call one "better" than the other unless you're clear as to what your frame of reference is (i.e. what he's better at or for).

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:32 PM
  #25
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
like i said... Sergei Samsonov hasn't ever hit 30.
Cammy is a better pure goal scorer than Sammy. Sammy has never shown that he is a pure goal scorer! Everyone at this board believes that Cammy is, which may or may not turn out to be true. I believe Sammy is more accurately classified as a playmaker.

I don't think Samsonov is an accurate comparison for Cammy. I once heard it said that Cammalleri plays how Comrie SHOULD play. I believe that Cammy is a better natural goal scorer than Comrie is, as well.

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.