HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Monarch's top 6?

Old
07-15-2006, 04:41 PM
KINGLEWOOD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
They all played together on the 04-05 team, and the lineup you're referring to doesn't even come close to matching that team. However, this season, many of the other AHL teams won't match what they had during the 04-05 season either...
My bad youre right it was 04-05, and the whole league was better because of the lock out. I wouldn't totally rule out some of these kids really taking a step foward and challenging for perhaps one of the best seasons of Monarchs hockey.

The goaltending should be more stable and the defence should be considered an upgrade as well. What I really would like to see is a coach who will put in place a system that uses the skill of these players to use, while remaining competitive, and developmental for this young group.

KINGLEWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 05:14 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEWOOD View Post
My bad youre right it was 04-05, and the whole league was better because of the lock out. I wouldn't totally rule out some of these kids really taking a step foward and challenging for perhaps one of the best seasons of Monarchs hockey.
If you're talking about the 04-05 team I agree. If you're talking about this year's team challenging for one of the best Monarchs seasons ever, there isn't a very large sample to compete with. They really haven't changed the team from last year all that much. Right now, I'd put the team at a bit weaker than last season...

Quote:
The goaltending should be more stable and the defence should be considered an upgrade as well. What I really would like to see is a coach who will put in place a system that uses the skill of these players to use, while remaining competitive, and developmental for this young group.
The defense and upgrade? Not even close...

Gleason, Grebeshkov, Weaver, Rullier and Holland were actually a little better than what we're looking at for this season...

Garon and Hauser are certainly a better tandem than Brust and any of the other prospects...

The coach is basically irrelevant in Manchester. Hubie McDonough runs the team as directed by the Kings. L.A. calls the line combinations, special teams, systems, etc...

Last edited by King Blazer: 07-15-2006 at 09:49 PM.
King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:59 PM
KINGLEWOOD

Actualy I meant to say the current defence is an upgrade from last seasons. Which I'm sure you'll agree with.

KINGLEWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 06:30 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Actualy I meant to say the current defence is an upgrade from last seasons. Which I'm sure you'll agree with.
I really can't say until I see all the pieces. From what I've seen so far:

Buckley definately isn't an upgrade from Wilford...
Harrold might be an upgrade for Grebeshkov...
Mormina = Mormina (If he's in Manchester)...
Petiot = Petiot (If he's in Manchester)...
Nolan = Nolan (If he returns)...

Fast - Wasn't qualified by the Kings and basically played wing the entire season...

Ardelan - Had a decent rookie season. He played through 2 PTO contracts and was finally signed to a SPC on Feb. 11. He was a 0.48-PPG d-man. He was on a Monarchs SPC so we don't know if he's coming back...

Werner - Played well in the 15-games he got into. He was a 0.47-PPG d-man. He was on a Monarchs contract so we don't know if he's coming back...

Seeley? Who knows what's going on with him. He played forward for the last 15-games or so of the regular season and in the playoffs...

Rullier - I doubt he's coming back...

Regan Rome - Came in and played well for the 13-games he was here. He's signed elsewhere...

So, as you can see, at this point, it's hard to say if they've upgraded the defense...

Last edited by King Blazer: 07-16-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old
07-16-2006, 08:54 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
So, as you can see, at this point, it's hard to say if they've upgraded the defense...
The Monarchs will also get either Dallman or Weaver.

By my count, the Kings have 29 forwards either under contract or as group II free agents. 14 make the Kings(12 guys are locks, O'Sullivan has a spot to lose, leaving one spot open), 12 to 13 make the Monarchs, leaving 2 or 3 for Reading(or some other ECHL team).

Parros or Giluliano, as of the morning of July 16th, would be that last forward. My guess is Parros since the Kings have McCauley, still have Belanger, Conroy, Frolov, etc, that can kill penalties. That's what Giuliano brings, Parros brings some size.

If the Kings were to sign Nolan, that would push Parros down as well.

Kopitar
Pushkarev
Tukonen
Clarke
Ryan
Kanko
Lewis
Gauthier
Giuliano
Ivanans
Jackman

Hogeboom and/or Lukacevic

Roussin and Stephenson probably start in the ECHL.

Nothing better than July 16th predictions.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 09:03 AM
King Blazer

Expanding beyond top-6. At this point, barring any trades, the Monarchs will probably look something like this to start the season:

Forwards

Kopitar
Tukonen
Pushkarev
Kanko
Hogeboom
Ryan
Lukacevic
Jackman*
Clarke*
Giuliano*
Parros (Might get claimed on waivers but barring any trades, he's looking like the odd man out with the acquisition of Ivanans)

Likely to start in Reading:
Roussin
Stephenson
Gauthier

Defense

Petiot
Harrold
Buckley*
Dallman (Needs to clear waivers. Didn’t pass through last season)

Likely to start in Reading:
Mormina

Goaltending

Brust
Pick a prospect…

* Needs to clear waivers but more likely than not he will…

We've debated where Kopitar is going to start the season ad nauseam and although there's a chance he'll make the Kings out of camp, there's also the chance he'll start in Manchester.

edit: I started this post prior to seeing the KingsFan 7824 post. Pretty close...

edit 2: This looks pretty close (wrt NHL contracts) to what they typically do here in Manchester. Barring trades, I pretty much expect them to add a few players on Monarchs contracts to fill it out.

Last edited by King Blazer: 07-16-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old
07-16-2006, 10:20 AM
King Blazer

My sure to be unpopular, but the way I'd go, opening night Monarchs top-6:

Kanko - Kopitar - Tukonen
Clarke - Giuliano - Hogeboom

then:

Pushkarev - Ryan - Parros

followed by:

Lukacevic Rotation - Jackman

If Parros doesn't come to Manchester, Jackman moves up onto the third line and Ivanans goes to the 4th...

Then, for the second shifts of the season, I'd move....

Old
07-16-2006, 11:34 AM
dustinbrownfan

This is what i think and want the line combinations to be to start the season in manchester:

Please tell me what you think about these line combinations (reguardless of whether it is positive of negative)

1st Line
Kanko - Kopitar - Pushkarev

2nd Line
Clarke - Ryan - Tukonen

3rd Line
Lukacevic - Lewis - Murphy

Remaining Players
Ivanans - Hogeboom

Defensive-Pairs
Petiot - Harrold
Dallman - Buckley
Mormina - Werner