HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

carbo speaks

Old
07-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
carbo speaks

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

thinks sammy will help ribs . he likes Samsonov as he played against him . he like his style . likes that sammy will go into the corners and doesnt shy away from playing outfront of the net

the plan to start is

Sergei Samsonov Mike Ribeiro Alex Kovalev

Mike Johnson 3rd and 4 lines duties . he likes the fact johnson plays well at both ends(offense and defense responsible )

Carbonneau says if there is a rookie"s" who DESERVES a spot on the team they will be a place for them

-----------------
Il reste encore quelques postes disponibles et s'il y a une, deux ou trois recrues qui poussent dans la porte, ça va nous donner plus de latitude pour faire des changements.
-----------------

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 01:34 PM
znk

here is how bable fish translated it.....I guess its readable

Guy Carbonneau is not accustomed to playing the hiding-place with the journalists and it made known its plans without turning, yesterday: it held a place with Sergei Samsonov with the left of Mike Ribeiro and Alex Kovalev, envisages to use Mike Johnson within a third or fourth trio and holds mordicus to start the season with his two guards Cristobal Huet and David Aebischer. "There was a vacuum to fill on the trio with Mike Ribeiro and Alex Kovalev, admitted the new trainer as a chief of the Canadian, yesterday, between two sessions of drive to the camp of the hopes of the Tricolour one. One tried to engage a guy like Shanahan, and one made the same thing with Samsonov. Sergei is a player who likes to handle the disc, but it is also able to find space necessary to launch " Another small fragile attacker, will say the least optimistic partisans while speaking about the new acquisition of the Canadian. Carbonneau does not divide this opinion. "Samsonov is nevertheless extremely physically. I played against him and I saw it evolving/moving in Boston thereafter, it is somebody of very extremely on shoes. I like his style. It is not a very aggressive player, but it does not hate to go in the corners of skating rink. It is able to thread through heavy circulation in front of the net to count goals. The size, the size, I do not have a problem with that, I played myself 5' 10 inches and 168 pounds " Carbonneau estimates that the arrival of Samsonov will be able to help Ribeiro, that the new coach took under its wing at the end of the last season "Mike is returned to a stage of its career where the next season will be very important for him. Way in which hockey is played today, the talent alone does not count any more, it is necessary to want to leave itself there. It finished very well the season with Alex, one employed it at the time of the numerical superiorities, it is a player who has a very good vision. Now, if a guy as Sergei Samsonov is brought and that it is able to finish the plays of Alex and Mike, that will be a dangerous combination " Mike Johnson, will have to him a role different from that of Samsonov. "I looked at his statistics since a few days and when it is in health, it counts 20-25 goals per season and piles up around fifty of points. It is able to produce offensively while being conscious of its defensive. I always said that I wanted players able to play in the two directions of the ice and Mike is able to play on a third or a fourth trio, to run out time in numerical inferiority and to pile up points " The arrival of Samsonov means that with less than one wound, there will be no place for a young person like Guillaume Latendresse, Andrei Kostitsyn or Mikhail Grabovsky within one of the two offensive trios since Carbo should in all logic again join together Saku Koivu, Michael Ryder and Chris Higgins on the other trio. Thus remain Tomas Plekanec, Mike Johnson, Alexander Perezhogin, Steve Bégin, Radek Bonk, Garth Murray and Aaron Downey for the six other places available. Carbonneau repeats nevertheless which there will be place for recruits if those deserve a promotion. "There remain still some stations available and if there is one, two or three recruits which push in the door, that will give us more latitude to make changes" In addition, one does not have to expect to see Bob Gainey exchanging Aebischer if one trusts Carbonneau. Ideally ", I wish to have two good goalkeepers able to gain matches. I never believed in a system with a guard number one assisted by an auxiliary guard who is not able to gain. I want to have two guards who will give me a chance to gain parts. I know that David asked to keep the goals around fifty of matches, but that will be to me to compose with that in September and October. Cristobal Huet disputed approximately 80 matches in the national League and he is not yet Martin Brodeur or Patrick Roy. He has still many things to prove. David has a few years of experiment. He surely will have a beautiful complicity between the two, of the competition also and a good competition never made of evil to anybody. I want that the guard who leaps on the ice says me by looking at me: "You will not leave me any more of the net! " Yann Danis, Duncan Milroy and Andrew Archer signed all, yesterday, new a one year old contract. They should spend another season to Hamilton the next year, just like daN Jancevski, which signed a contract of the minor leagues.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 01:52 PM
phil

who does he consider being rokies? Plecks? is he a lock for a place on the team? or is it more like Perez and Kots? is Higgins also a lock?

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 01:53 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

thinks sammy will help ribs . he likes Samsonov as he played against him . he like his style . likes that sammy will go into the corners and doesnt shy away from playing outfront of the net

the plan to start is

Sergei Samsonov Mike Ribeiro Alex Kovalev

Mike Johnson 3rd and 4 lines duties . he likes the fact johnson plays well at both ends(offense and defense responsible )

Carbonneau says if there is a rookie"s" who DESERVES a spot on the team they will be a place for them

-----------------
Il reste encore quelques postes disponibles et s'il y a une, deux ou trois recrues qui poussent dans la porte, ça va nous donner plus de latitude pour faire des changements.
-----------------
yeah , i know this old song '' will be a place for the young if the play well ..." ; ask to Latendresse , to see !

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
who does he consider being rokies? Plecks? is he a lock for a place on the team? or is it more like Perez and Kots? is Higgins also a lock?

Perez is he coming back for sure? today is the deadline at 5 pm for player to except there qualifying offers. why hasnt Perez excepted his yet? higgins took a big pay cut is prez willing to play here in north america for 550,000 - 600,000?

Old
07-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
yeah , i know this old song '' will be a place for the young if the play well ..." ; ask to Latendresse , to see !

yes but also remember that was last season under jullien !
jullien was high on Pierre Dagenais on our second line

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/apps/pbcs....002%2FCPSPORTS

i belive it will be diffrent this year with carbo

Old
07-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I had a dream that we traded Perezhogin for a draft pick so Kostitsyn could play more, it was the first time I've dreamt about hockey players or anything, it was weird..I woke up thinking "which team did Perez go to again?"

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 01:59 PM
znk

Quote:
Shhh Latendress definetly needed that year in the Junior as was shown by his inconsistency and the fact that he lost the "A" on his Jersey. He's matured alot and had time to work on his weaknesses. I cant wait to see him at the camp this year...I hope he does the same as last year!

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Habsfan18

I think Johnson is better than a 4th liner....hopefully he sticks on the 3rd.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 02:35 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
Players that weren't in the line-up last year. Usually when you are talking about prospects or earning a roster it implies players that didn't have a roster spot to begin with. Of those you listed only Kost fits the bill.
Unfortunately Kost doesn't have to clear waivers and Ferland does so there really isn't a spot for anyone unless we are planning on getting rid of Ferland or someone else.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Quote:
Yeah , i would not put much stock into this.I'll believe it when they name the starting line-up at the home opening. Place will be wild

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 03:16 PM
tmc

Quote:
Latendresse was not ready it's not because he scored a couple of goals in preseason that he was ready we had 3 rookies that where way more ready than him pleks, higgins and perez

tmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 03:26 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc View Post
Latendresse was not ready it's not because he scored a couple of goals in preseason that he was ready we had 3 rookies that where way more ready than him pleks, higgins and perez
4 rookies were given regular spots last year. So they are given all the chances possible. Unfortunately they still have to earn their spot. Latendresse was awful in his own zone last year, totally lost on defence he's 2 years away for sure.
Chip has all the tools to be sound defensively and since his ceiling isn't as high he is way ahead of him.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 04:10 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc View Post
i don't said that he was more ready than them , but he was one of our best player all the camp long , so , fromw hat they were saying he would have deserved to stay for a while ,( at least )

I have nothing againts the fact that he was return to his junior club , but at least , he would have deserved to got a try , just to gave him a candy for his good work .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 04:26 PM
RedArmyMontreal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I had a dream that we traded Perezhogin for a draft pick so Kostitsyn could play more, it was the first time I've dreamt about hockey players or anything, it was weird..I woke up thinking "which team did Perez go to again?"
Hmm, scary... I dreamed we traded perezhogin also for a draft pick..

RedArmyMontreal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 05:13 PM
caper13

i think landeresse is on a mission this year just watch him at the prospects camp i cant wait to see him in the real prospects games i think he will kick ***.

caper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 05:15 PM
caper13

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper13 View Post
i think landeresse is on a mission this year just watch him at the prospects camp i cant wait to see him in the real prospects games i think he will kick ***.
sorry about the spelling of his name

caper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Teufelsdreck

I'm encouraged by what I hear about Latendresse. He may not be ready for the NHL right now, but he's showing why he should have been a first round draft choice. I don't think anyone else at the camp (including Chipchura) will be playing in Montréal in October, but the future looks bright. The depth will be there, and not only will that allow the team to improve, but it will also make it easier for the Habs to trade for top grade players.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 07:04 PM
keemo905

Quote:
sorry about the spelling of his name
Use edit on the post to make changes It will be easier.

As for Lats, I hope that any player working their butt off and succeeding at camp should get a few games as a reward... He could have played around 9 games (I think) before being sent back to junior without it counting as a year of experience... I thought he at least deserved that chance.

Go Habs Go

keemo905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 07:41 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
What the F?

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote