HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

7 canadians killed in Lebanon

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2006, 09:49 PM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

vCash: 500
7 canadians killed in Lebanon

I know it doesn't have anything related to hockey, but I just learned in the news that 8 canadians have been killed in lebanon...

I still can't believe Harper is on Israel's side...

If you don't want to talk about it, ok, but it just revolted me to see that guys in these countries kill anybody they want in another country's cities for fun (ok not for fun, I know... it's sarcastic if you don't understand this...) And I felt like I had to talk about it.

Last edited by jpchabby: 07-16-2006 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Wrong information
Old
07-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Mike8

There's a little more to this than Israel doing it for fun.

Every country has citizens stranded in Lebanon right now. I don't think it's fair to criticize Harper for it.

Old
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
There's a little more to this than Israel doing it for fun.

Every country has citizens stranded in Lebanon right now. I don't think it's fair to criticize Harper for it.
I guess you knew what I meant by "for fun"... Who the hell would attack another country for fun...

But do you think Harper's still gonna SAY TO EVERYBODY that he's on Israel's side after 7 cans were killed? Well in fact maybe lol, if Lebanon kills canadiens in Isael... whatever...

It just revolts me to see canadians are killed in another country for a war in which we don't have anything to do with...

Old
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
phil

there is no fun in open war.. even Israel does not think it funny... it's not for fun, get informed!!!

still it's sad for the families of those 7 persons... wasn't it 8?

Old
07-16-2006, 09:59 PM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
there is no fun in open war.. even Israel does not think it funny... it's not for fun, get informed!!!

still it's sad for the families of those 7 persons... wasn't it 8?
read what I just said... and yes, in fact it was 8...

Old
07-16-2006, 10:00 PM
LeHab

There IS a political forum.

Oh and to add, I am on Israel side...always be on the side of the guy with bigger guns.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:01 PM
phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
read what I just said... and yes, in fact it was 8...
maybe you should revise your first post so you don't get people confused... just an idea

Old
07-16-2006, 10:03 PM
LeHab

Quote:
maybe you should revise your first post so you don't get people confused... just an idea
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ast/index.html

According to CNN, it is seven.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:03 PM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

Quote:
Done

Old
07-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Freebooter

The poster is 16 years old. Enough said. I take it he wasn't posting his outrage when suicide bombers killed 2 Canadian girls in Tel Aviv 2 years ago. Nor is he apparently upset that 8 Israelis were killed by rockets fired into Haifa.

Stick to hockey, because you are embarassing yourself and you sound very,very young.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Belso

It's not only sad for the Canadians who have died but for the Lebanese too. 99.9% of them are as innocent as the Canadians who where there.. Civilians don't have much to say about what the Leaders do. War is sad, and It's too bad that we just can't all get along...

Old
07-16-2006, 10:13 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebooter View Post
The poster is 16 years old. Enough said. I take it he wasn't posting his outrage when suicide bombers killed 2 Canadian girls in Tel Aviv 2 years ago. Nor is he apparently upset that 8 Israelis were killed by rockets fired into Haifa.

Stick to hockey, because you are embarassing yourself and you sound very,very young.
I don't think age has anything to do with what he posted. A lot of people are worried / upset about the whole Middle East Situation at the moment.

I in no way think he embarrassed himself with his post, I do think that there are better places to discuss things like this.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Teufelsdreck

I can't stand it when politically untutored and inadvertent dupes expose their colossal ignorance. They should open their sleepy brown eyes and acquaint themselves with the background and intentions of Hezbollah. This situation is a tragedy for Lebanon and the peace of the world but it can be put on the shoulders of Iranian Shi'ite proxies who carry out the bidding of their masters in Qum and Tehran. Wake up, dolts, Canada is not immune to such terrorism. It is not considered a benign neutral by al-Qaida and other Muslim extremists who envision a Caliphate that embraces the entire globe.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:14 PM
phil

Quote:

nuf' said!

Old
07-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
I'm afraid this thread *could* get ugly...

For those who can read french, read these articles if you want

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...EIL/60714093/0

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...2/CPACTUALITES

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...NDE/60716046/0

Damn this is getting harsh... always has been harsh with Israel... always will...

I'm hoping someday, both muslims and jews could look themselves in a mirror and wonder if they think peace could be possible...

Instead of killing dozens, soon to be hundreds innocent civilians, for 2 ********* soldiers... wow somebody has to wonder if they understand the concept of 'evolution'

Sorry, the world is depressing sometimes...

Old
07-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Nihilism

Isreal is wrong, so is Palestain. Wow, the right won't know what to say.

Harper is a ****.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Turbo

Quote:

You too.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:19 PM
phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurCHAOS View Post
I'm afraid this thread *could* get ugly...

For those who can read french, read these articles if you want

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...EIL/60714093/0

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...2/CPACTUALITES

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...NDE/60716046/0

Damn this is getting harsh... always has been harsh with Israel... always will...

I'm hoping someday, both muslims and jews could look themselves in a mirror and wonder if they think peace could be possible...

Instead of killing dozens, soon to be hundreds innocent civilians, for 2 ********* soldiers... wow somebody has to wonder if they understand the concept of 'evolution'

Sorry, the world is depressing sometimes...
WWI also started with a stupid event like this... Franz Ferdinand being killed by I think it was a serb... and it went of to a world war... God I hope we won't go there again...

Old
07-16-2006, 10:20 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurCHAOS View Post

Mission impossible

Old
07-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
WWI also started with a stupid event like this... Franz Ferdinand being killed by I think it was a serb... and it went of to a world war... God I hope we won't go there again...
Hope that too... since 9/11, so much tension between the countries in the world... Irak finally been liberated from Hussein, BUT Bush is such an *** to want to control everything, like if he could make them some kind of US province or something... they don't care damnit

After that, Iran, North Korea... wasn't expecting Israel to put themselves into so much trouble, but now I think they endanger most of Middle East, and who knows where it will lead... anyway

Summer's hot, ain't it ??

Old
07-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:

So were you an embarassment when you tried to talk about mature subjects at the age of 16? If you were, how did you overcome it? Was it by not caring what ignorant people had to say about your age, or was it by not caring how ignorant people think they are better than those who aren't experts in a certain area?

I know nothing about politics myself, but I know that the best way to learn is to discuss it. Give the guy a break.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Stuff like this happens, and it won't stop anytime soon.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:37 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:

we'll how about the fact that the isreali government has killed more palestinian civilians through bulldozing houses than suicide bombers killed isreali civilians through suicide bombing.
-Stick to hockey, because you are embarassing yourself and you sound very,very ignorant.

the isreali government are a bunch of fudge pack'n terrorists.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Form and Substance

Once it hits closer to home...well that's when all hell breaks lose! I was quite shocked to hear that, especially since they were all of the same family. That is one heavy ****ing blow to whoever was closest to them.

Old
07-16-2006, 10:43 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
we'll how about the fact that the isreali government has killed more palestinian civilians through bulldozing houses than suicide bombers killed isreali civilians through suicide bombing.
-Stick to hockey, because you are embarassing yourself and you sound very,very ignorant.

the isreali government are a bunch of fudge pack'n terrorists.
I totally disagree, please stick to hockey, terrorism is worse they kill for what!? Israeli has the right to defend themselves from countries who want them out of the map.

Closed Thread