HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

training camp

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2006, 01:06 PM
  #1
JDNYR11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
training camp

are season ticket holders the only ones who are allowed to watch traing camp.

JDNYR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 01:08 PM
  #2
JDNYR11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
i'm a 1st year seaon ticket holder and just curious how training camp works to the public.
Or do you have to pay to watch.

JDNYR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 01:13 PM
  #3
JDNYR11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
or are you not allowed in at all.

JDNYR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 01:22 PM
  #4
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,082
vCash: 500
up until the last couple seasons, training camp was always held in New Hampshire for the first week or so then they would go to their practice facility. I don't think it is open to the public except for the blue white scrimmage game that they hold every year.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 01:37 PM
  #5
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
does anyone know if the team will be doing the boot camp training again like last year...it did wonders for chemistry last year an with a bunch of fresh faces i would think it would help allot again this year

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 02:26 PM
  #6
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
up until the last couple seasons, training camp was always held in New Hampshire for the first week or so then they would go to their practice facility. I don't think it is open to the public except for the blue white scrimmage game that they hold every year.
No, no. It was held in Burlington, Vermont. I think it was 2002 when I went up there to see them and it was awesome. Saw many players around the town, visited the lobby of their hotel and saw many of them there. The actual hockey playing was fantastic as the University of Vermont has a nice facility.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 02:56 PM
  #7
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
does anyone know if the team will be doing the boot camp training again like last year...it did wonders for chemistry last year an with a bunch of fresh faces i would think it would help allot again this year
Yeah, that seemed to be a big reason for our success... they formed a cohesive team early on and it perpetuated and fed itself... I remember we did this mid-season a few years ago because it was such a loose, pathetic operation... but last time we did it right. They should definitely go to West Point.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 08:23 PM
  #8
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance View Post
No, no. It was held in Burlington, Vermont. I think it was 2002 when I went up there to see them and it was awesome. Saw many players around the town, visited the lobby of their hotel and saw many of them there. The actual hockey playing was fantastic as the University of Vermont has a nice facility.
Right, my mind is getting me in my old age, I knew it was one of those New England states. Does antone remember the buekaboom shuffle?

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 09:10 PM
  #9
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
being a season ticket holder has nothing to do with it. either camp is open to the public and everyone can go (if its up in vermont) or its not open to the public and no one can go (if its held in nyc)

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 10:56 PM
  #10
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
does anyone know if the team will be doing the boot camp training again like last year...it did wonders for chemistry last year an with a bunch of fresh faces i would think it would help allot again this year
I read they were going to do something like that when they goto Puerto Rico.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 08:38 PM
  #11
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.
 
NYR957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDNYR11 View Post
are season ticket holders the only ones who are allowed to watch traing camp.
I've been a season ticket holder for what will be my 6th year. Never a word about it. Nobody is allowed to watch training camp. I personally think it would be a distraction to players.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
  #12
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Anyone know if it's going to be in VT or Greenburgh this year?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2006, 10:27 PM
  #13
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
I've been a season ticket holder for what will be my 6th year. Never a word about it. Nobody is allowed to watch training camp. I personally think it would be a distraction to players.
Actually, in 2001 season ticket holders were going to be able to watch training camp at MSG. Unfortunately, training camp was supposed start on 9/11.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 05:27 PM
  #14
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.
 
NYR957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Actually, in 2001 season ticket holders were going to be able to watch training camp at MSG. Unfortunately, training camp was supposed start on 9/11.
That is true, good job correcting me. That would have been fun, oh well

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 10:42 PM
  #15
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I read they were going to do something like that when they goto Puerto Rico.
Thats what I was going to say, I read the same thing.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.