HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Rbk 9k

Old
07-25-2006, 08:35 PM
raskolnikov

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to raskolnikov
Rbk 9k

I was wondering if anyone had any good input on the 9k. I may be able to get them for a very good deal and tried on a pair briefly (didnt lace up) and thought they were ver comfortable. I hear there may be concern over the life of the pump and have seen some people who said it was harder to skate in them. I would really like the one90's but I'm not sure if I will be able to get the same deal. As of now I have older 852's in a size 9 which fits pretty well. What sizes would I use for RBK or Bauer? I have a 9.5 nike inline skate but should probably wear a 9 in it. Also, I have a wider foot but still get by with a D in my Nike.
Thanks in advance

raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Heat McManus

I've tried them on and they were too stiff for my liking. I was more comfortable in the Vapors. But I know a lot of people who wore them and they were happy with them. These are people who played 5-7 days a week as well. I've seen the pump go in a few months or last till the rest of the skate broke down. They told me the biggest advantage to the Pump is you don't have to relace your skates, you can just pump it to fit.

I think the best option is getting the 8k if it costs less.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
I wear them and I LOVE them. I had vectors before but they broke down after a couple of years.

Anyway, I wear these 3 times a week, have had them for about 2 months now and haven't had a problem at ALL. I like the stiffness in the skate and LOVE the pump.

http://www.epinions.com has some good reviews on them.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:59 PM
PanthersRule96

I had Vapor XXX's, then due to their poor durability I got the pumps and have been skating in them since January. They're the most comfortable skates I've ever had (Grafs are up there though for sure), but the fit isn't as good on my foot compared to a Bauer fit, therefore I prefer my Vapors. The pump works well but the skate comes loose a lot during games which is really annoying because I'd have to tie my skates up once a period as I like mine tied tightly. They're like a better version of the Vector Pros, I had Vector Pros before I had the XXXs. It depends on what you like but they're a great skate if you like the CCM fit.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:00 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 109177 View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any good input on the 9k. I may be able to get them for a very good deal and tried on a pair briefly (didnt lace up) and thought they were ver comfortable. I hear there may be concern over the life of the pump and have seen some people who said it was harder to skate in them. I would really like the one90's but I'm not sure if I will be able to get the same deal. As of now I have older 852's in a size 9 which fits pretty well. What sizes would I use for RBK or Bauer? I have a 9.5 nike inline skate but should probably wear a 9 in it. Also, I have a wider foot but still get by with a D in my Nike.
Thanks in advance
I'm a 9 in Bauers and wear a 9.5 in the pump. I'm assuming the Bauers run same size as Nikes but I'm not positive on that. IMO go for the one90s if you like Bauers, or even the Vapors, I wish I did but like I just said, it depends on what you like.

Old
07-26-2006, 10:29 PM
ovechkin12*

Send a message via AIM to ovechkin12* Send a message via MSN to ovechkin12* Send a message via Yahoo to ovechkin12*
they make the pump in the 5k 7k and 9k... i have the 5k pumps.. and im pretty happy with them... i also have the 6k and 8k pumps for inline and i absolutely love them...best 2 pair i ever bought....9k r like 500 tho.. so if u dont wanna go that much try the 5k for like 230-270

ovechkin12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2006, 06:59 AM
raskolnikov

So from what I seem to be hearing including eopinions, the 9k is a decent skate but not an amazing skate. Assuming I can get a substantial deal on it but may also be able to get one on the one90, should I go for the one90? Obviously the one90 will still cost more than the 9k. But would it be worth it? Id be interested in grafs since they are so popular but i have no real way of trying them because no local store carries them and I know they all fit differently.

Old
07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 109177 View Post
So from what I seem to be hearing including eopinions, the 9k is a decent skate but not an amazing skate. Assuming I can get a substantial deal on it but may also be able to get one on the one90, should I go for the one90? Obviously the one90 will still cost more than the 9k. But would it be worth it? Id be interested in grafs since they are so popular but i have no real way of trying them because no local store carries them and I know they all fit differently.
One90. I've talked to several people who have skated on both and they've said the 9K's are decent but the One90s are amazing and like nothing other out there. I have a narrow foot and 9K's so it's kind of stupid so I want one90's anyways but just in general from lots of guys who work at stores and try them out, the one90 is a superior skate.

Old
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
raskolnikov

I'm thinking of checking out some graf's if i can find some in a local store. What models are good? I hear 703 and 705 are popular. I like what I've heard about the cobra holder as well. Would they be a better choice than the 9k's? I'd seem to think so considering their longevity...
even the vapor xxx but i hear they are bad for wide feet?

Old
07-27-2006, 02:50 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

I upgraded from my Nike Ignites 2 seasons ago into the RBK 9ks, your legs feel weight less and your stride will be much smoother.. I love them and would never give them back, lol.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote