HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Selanne's +-

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 10:08 AM
MeN_Ace2

vCash: 500
Selanne's +-

I was wondering weather those of you who have seen Teemu's play more as an Avalanche, could share some light into his defensive game.

I was surprised to see him lead the team in +- (+7) before the San Jose game.

He is second in +- with a +6 at the moment. Is he being defensively responsible, and if so do you think this has to do with the few years in San Jose? The few games I saw Teemu played with lot more grit then what Im use to seeing. Is this a new part of Teemu's play or is this just a phase?

Old
11-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeN_Ace2
I was wondering weather those of you who have seen Teemu's play more as an Avalanche, could share some light into his defensive game.

I was surprised to see him lead the team in +- (+7) before the San Jose game.

He is second in +- with a +6 at the moment. Is he being defensively responsible, and if so do you think this has to do with the few years in San Jose? The few games I saw Teemu played with lot more grit then what Im use to seeing. Is this a new part of Teemu's play or is this just a phase?
At the beginning of the year, he was floating a bit, and not playing all that great offensively. The last 6 - 7 games (after that atrocious start of the season), he has really picked up his game in both ends. He has been pretty responsible defensively, and he has looked good on the PK IMO. He hasn't been getting the puck to bounce his way, but hopefully after the gwg against the Sharks, he will rebound.

Old
11-14-2003, 01:45 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
I don't know if this applies to Teemu or not, but most Finish players, are very responsible in their own ends, as they were heavily tought that aspect of the game in Finland. Whether or not Teemu falls into this category, he sure has shown some great backchecking, and covering for his D. I've seen him save at least a couple goals, by a great back check. Hopefully he can continue to improve his offensive play, and more will start going in for him.

Closed Thread