HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Blow it all up NOW

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 04:24 AM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Blow it all up NOW

Yes, they're at .500, and yes, there's a lot of season left to play, but I'm just sooooo tired of this team.. There's hardly anyone left to root for..

So time to blow it all up.. Obviously I'd start with Sather, but that's very doubtful, so here's my list of guy's sent packing.. Some for being the dogs they are, others for the value they'd bring.. This isn't a list of "who's fault is it anyway," it's just a list to send packing and bring back a core to build around for the future..

Lindros
Leetch
Nedved
Kovalev
Poti
Carter
Malakhov
Mironov
Ruchinsky
Kasparaitis
Holik
Hlavac

Obviously there's varying degrees of trade value (based on talent as well as contract), but by trading most if not all of the above, I'm sure a good core can be returned, and added to Moore, Lundmark, Tyutin, Murray etc.. Keep Barnaby, Simon and the rest around, to be the foot soldiers in the effort to get a team that grows together..

Just blow it up now, don't wait for the trade deadline, or the offseason, PLEASE!

Old
11-11-2003, 04:34 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Yes, they're at .500, and yes, there's a lot of season left to play, but I'm just sooooo tired of this team.. There's hardly anyone left to root for..

So time to blow it all up.. Obviously I'd start with Sather, but that's very doubtful, so here's my list of guy's sent packing.. Some for being the dogs they are, others for the value they'd bring.. This isn't a list of "who's fault is it anyway," it's just a list to send packing and bring back a core to build around for the future..

Lindros
Leetch
Nedved
Kovalev
Poti
Carter
Malakhov
Mironov
Ruchinsky
Kasparaitis
Holik
Hlavac

Obviously there's varying degrees of trade value (based on talent as well as contract), but by trading most if not all of the above, I'm sure a good core can be returned, and added to Moore, Lundmark, Tyutin, Murray etc.. Keep Barnaby, Simon and the rest around, to be the foot soldiers in the effort to get a team that grows together..

Just blow it up now, don't wait for the trade deadline, or the offseason, PLEASE!

I don't know. I keep the team as it is and see where they are in early March. There needs to be a renewed commitment to the semblence of a system we saw earlier.

With the CBA alone and a ton of contracts up at the end of the season, this team is going to be different next season.

11-11-2003, 04:37 AM
Fletch

Perhaps...

a firing of Sather (by himself) and a hiring of Keenan could be the shakeup this team needs. Keenan getting fired in Florida was great timing, if something's done about it.

Old
11-11-2003, 04:39 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
With the CBA alone and a ton of contracts up at the end of the season, this team is going to be different next season.
Which is why I do it now.. The contracts being up only adds to their trade value, so get the "future" (which might mean next year or the year after if there's a long dispute) in place now, and let them start to grow together now..

I just don't see the sense in waiting..

Old
11-11-2003, 04:52 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I just don't see the sense in waiting..
Neither do I.

Then again, I never go to games. The opinion of those poor souls who actually pay to see this team is more valid.

Old
11-11-2003, 04:57 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Then again, I never go to games. The opinion of those poor souls who actually pay to see this team is more valid.
Then we should trade them to,

after all, booing the team is the biggest problem they have, right Glen??

But if/when I pay my ducats to go see this team, I'd much rather watch a younger team that may not win anymore than the current one, but sure wouldn't cheat me on their effort, as this group of DOGS are now..

Old
11-11-2003, 05:03 AM
Mike#16*

Quote:

Lindros
Leetch
Nedved
Kovalev
Poti
Carter
Malakhov
Mironov
Ruchinsky
Kasparaitis
Holik
Hlavac

if i am correct informed, the ducks are up for sale. why dont you guys just liquidate the Rangers franchise and move the Ducks to the MCG?
:moon:

Old
11-11-2003, 05:04 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quit your griping, Davisian.

Remember, you still have the Giants and Knicks to root for.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:08 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Quit your griping, Davisian.

Remember, you still have the Giants and Knicks to root for.

You just made #1 on the trade list, ya' smarmy bastid..

Old
11-11-2003, 05:13 AM
barnaby63

what do you think we can get for those players you listed? i think we can get some nice return for all those players. who wants to start the bidding?

Old
11-11-2003, 05:25 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
a firing of Sather (by himself) and a hiring of Keenan could be the shakeup this team needs. Keenan getting fired in Florida was great timing, if something's done about it.
This would be the more realistic approach and possibly one that Sather can live with (for a while).

Sather's not going to admit that he rebuilt dreck into more dreck.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:32 AM
True Blue

Quote:
This would be the more realistic approach and possibly one that Sather can live with (for a while).
Do you really think that Jackass could really live with that? First off, removing himself from the coaching position will be admiting failure. Second of all, let's recall that Sather has an inability to hire anything other than weak, yes-men. Third of all, can you imagine the egg on Sather's face if Keenan comes in and whips this team into shape? Sather cannot deal with such a scenario. Thus, it will not happen.
And make no mistake about it, Keenan is more than capable of whiping this team into shape. If there is something you know about him, it's the fact that those who do not play hard, do not play. Poti may not get into another game all year. Ditto for Malacough.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:36 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
what do you think we can get for those players you listed? i think we can get some nice return for all those players. who wants to start the bidding?
Guess it depends on the "suitors" needs and which dude they're after..

I'd start by giving Calgary a call, and letting thme know we'd like one of their defensemen or two, and see if they'd like any on that list (Carter for Gauthier and a 3rd).. Then I'd give Tampa a call and let them know they have a pretty good team, and a good shot to go far this year, so how 'bout some vets for the stretch run?? (Nedved, Ruchinsky and either Kaspar or Malakhov for Svitov or Alexeev and Trepanier)..

Then on to Toronto.. You want to give the big "E" a test drive, with only the rest of the season to commit to him?? How 'bout you take Lindros and Mironov, and send on over Ponikarovsky and Druken??

Might not be very good, but that's just off the top of my head.. I'm sure an omnipotent being like Sir Glen can get a better deal.. Addition by subtraction..

Old
11-11-2003, 05:39 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I really hoped it would be different this season...

Old
11-11-2003, 05:41 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Do you really think that Jackass could really live with that?
I just think it's more likely than Plan A ("Blowing It Up").

What I fear is Plan C (Jagr).

Old
11-11-2003, 05:51 AM
oldtimer

I agree...somewhat

The best move they could make would be to get rid of Sather now. He is the worst GM we've had since John Ferguson. But that ain't gonna happen with know-nothing Son of Cablevision at the helm. Brooks was absolutely right today; the lines last night were a crime. He had an overachieving 4th line: Mess-Simon-Barnaby. So what does he do? Breaks them up. Cater looked better with Holik. So what does he do? Breaks them apart. Lundmark is held accountable for a giveaway. Kovy gives the puck away more in one period than Lundy has all season. So what does he do? Sits Lundy, increases 27's time. Moore has impressed me as the smartest rookie we've had in some time, alot of potential. So what does he do? Sends him down, or minimal ice time. Idiot. This is the same genius who chose Trottier over Hitchcock, as an upgrade over Low. The same bumblebrain who let Schneider go so he could give Malakhov more money. The same numbnut who wouldn't give Zidlicky a fair look over minimal bucks but pees it away on vets who are just here for a paycheck.

The fans chanted "We want Keenan". Wrong chant. Should've been "Sather must go". Besides, I don't want Keenan. Why? First off, he's a weasel. Has everyone forgotten how he walked away? I haven't. Don't tell me it was because of Smith. It was because he wanted more power. He left to become GM of St Louis. He's a weasel. Second, Keenan as a coach here won because he overplayed veterans, which Smith obtained for him. Except the vets in 1994 were younger. Think Mess plays too much now? Under Mike, his ice time would increase greatly. Thrre's gotta be a reason Iron Mike is soon fired wherever he goes.

I wouldn't get rid of Leetch. I don't care what he would fetch. He is whatever heart this team has. He is not part of the problem.

I'm not sure I would ax Nedved, either. He tries hard, even takes the body now. Not his fault Jackass skates him with pieces that don't fit at all, like last night. The rest can go, depending on what they bring back.

Occasionally, I rant. But, I've paid for season tix for the last 37 years, so I'm entitled. I must know something, and I'm telling you - SLATS MUST GO!

Old
11-11-2003, 06:08 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer
Moore has impressed me as the smartest rookie we've had in some time, alot of potential. So what does he do? Sends him down, or minimal ice time. Idiot.
Yes he is.. Very smart with the puck and without.. Reminds me of Sundstrom with a little more willingness to get dirty..

Quote:
The fans chanted "We want Keenan". Wrong chant. Should've been "Sather must go". Besides, I don't want Keenan. Why? First off, he's a weasel.
Absolutely true, but as I've said before, I wouldn't mind him for simply sadistic reasons of pimp slapping some of these guys around..

Quote:
I wouldn't get rid of Leetch. I don't care what he would fetch. He is whatever heart this team has. He is not part of the problem.
Leetch is/has been/will always be my favorite Ranger, but for his sake and for the futures sake, I'd see what he could fetch. He's not part of the problem, but he could help with the solution..

Quote:
I'm not sure I would ax Nedved, either. He tries hard, even takes the body now. Not his fault Jackass skates him with pieces that don't fit at all, like last night. The rest can go, depending on what they bring back.
I've got no problem with Nedved either, but again, he might fetch a big part of the solution..

Quote:
Occasionally, I rant. But, I've paid for season tix for the last 37 years, so I'm entitled. I must know something, and I'm telling you - SLATS MUST GO!
I can't understand how anyone would see it differently..

Old
11-11-2003, 06:13 AM
True Blue

Quote:
I can't understand how anyone would see it differently..
Ask Lil' Jimmy.

Old
11-11-2003, 06:34 AM
Barnaby

Id do whatever I could do get young stud defenseman like a Coburn or Phaneuf. Build from the backline out. We already have Blackie and Dunham so D should be top priority.... of course thats what would happen if this was a real team.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:18 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
I would trade Kovalev and Nedved, while their value is still high. And try to somehow get rid of Messier, Kasparaitis, Purinton, and Malakhov. And I wouldn't really mind trading Leetch if the return is good.
Funny how Hlavac and Mironob keep escaping his "to be traded" crusade.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:25 AM
TKLOOCH22

Well a top 4 pick in this years draft would definately boost our future. Getting one of Ovechkin, Schremp, Olesz and Barker on top of what we already have would be great.

Guys available to the Rangers this year:

Moore
Murray
Lundmark
Stals
Wiseman
Ortmeyer

Tyutin
Lampman

And then:

Jessiman
Jonasen
Baranka
Guenin
Roche
Crabb
Martz
Walsh

Blackburn
Holt

Plus others that may squeak out and become players. It may seem shatty as of now, but when someone somewhere decides to play these kids...we will have a decent foundation.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:31 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
Well a top 4 pick in this years draft would definately boost our future. Getting one of Ovechkin, Schremp, Olesz and Barker on top of what we already have would be great.

Guys available to the Rangers this year:

Moore
Murray
Lundmark
Stals
Wiseman
Ortmeyer

Tyutin
Lampman

And then:

Jessiman
Jonasen
Baranka
Guenin
Roche
Crabb
Martz
Walsh

Blackburn
Holt

Plus others that may squeak out and become players. It may seem shatty as of now, but when someone somewhere decides to play these kids...we will have a decent foundation.

Here's the thing, if the Rangers ever commited themselves to actually rebuilding, maybe we could get the Swede goalie to come across the pond.

Henrik Lundqvist is 4th out of the top 100 prospects playing over in Sweden, ahead of more notable players such as Sjostrom (PHO), Jonas Johansson (COL), Martin Samuelsson (BOS) and our very own Marcus Jonasen.

He would be ahead of Holt and more than likely would push Blackburn for the #1 spot.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:35 AM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
Henrik Lundqvist is 4th out of the top 100 prospects playing over in Sweden, ahead of more notable players such as Sjostrom (PHO), Jonas Johansson (COL), Martin Samuelsson (BOS) and our very own Marcus Jonasen.

He would be ahead of Holt and more than likely would push Blackburn for the #1 spot.
Most Definately!

I actually cant believe I forgot to include Lundqvuist.

Maybe since someone like Holmqvuist told him to stay over in Sweden rather than come across the pond, I guess I've forgotten him more than I should have.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:16 PM
rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
Most Definately!

I actually cant believe I forgot to include Lundqvuist.

Maybe since someone like Holmqvuist told him to stay over in Sweden rather than come across the pond, I guess I've forgotten him more than I should have.
Lundqvist got a lot of potential. If someone could just talk to him and convince him to leave Sweden for North America he would open a lot of eyes. That I can promise you!

Old
11-11-2003, 12:41 PM
E-Train

Like Barnaby said earlier, this team needs to get a top 2 young defenseman like a Coburn or Phaneuf. The prospects we have seem to be pretty decent but the defensive future is the most suspect of the positions.

Tyutin should be really good but besides him there doesn't seem to be any top defensemen. If Guenin & Taylor pan out and Lampman can be a #4-5 in the NHL then they'd be in better shape but those are not guarantees.

I would like to see deals that include '04 & '05 draft picks coming to NY but I'm sure its wishful thinking

Closed Thread