HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scott Gomez Arbitration

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2006, 07:21 PM
  #76
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
What I recall better now was that, Washington was one if not the only team in the NHL right now UNDER the Salary CAP minimum Floor, they HAVE to take on Salary ! NJ HAS to get rid of it ! w/o taking more back on in a trade, just like we bailed out Philly last year with JR when they were in CAP trouble, they actually had to pay US a 3rd to take him, IF NJ is desperate enough to being forced into moving him, I doubt they care if it's to Washington or a West coast team really ... IF Washington were to take on the Salary Cap's of either Mogilny and/or Malakhov then they make one of NJ's better trading partners because no other team can do this I don't believe. {and Malakhov I understand since still retired/suspended and only only the books for the CAP but not actual Salary to have to PAY to him, wouldn't even cost anything for Washington to take off NJ's hands ... it's a WIN WIN.

But you never know things that look so simple and straight forward are rarely how they pan out in real life so yeah, Gomez ends up freakin Coyote or something none of see coming right now.

this team is at 40.3 million.....

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/Player...p?OIDTeam=9486

Note that Mogilny is not listed and that does not include Gomez, Gionta or Martin.

Big Trouble for Jersey.


this team is at 21 million

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/Player...p?OIDTeam=8365

Why they bother to pay a goalie 5.4 million is beyond me witht he rest of that roster.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:48 PM
  #77
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
I believe the Devils are going to want a cheap roster player in return for Gomez. Alot of people here say the Devil's can't take on salary. Then how can they be offering Gomez $4 million? I think Frolov ($2.9 million cap figure for 4 years) and a pick or prospect would be what Lou would want.

If it were Gomez for Frolov and a 2nd round pick in 2007 I would do it.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:50 PM
  #78
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
I believe the Devils are going to want a cheap roster player in return for Gomez. Alot of people here say the Devil's can't take on salary. Then how can they be offering Gomez $4 million? I think Frolov ($2.9 million cap figure for 4 years) and a pick or prospect would be what Lou would want.
The problem with that is that it opens up another hole in our already thin top 6. Lose a goalscorer to gain a playmaker? No thanks. Gomez is the guy you get to play with Cammy and Frolov.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:50 PM
  #79
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
I believe the Devils are going to want a cheap roster player in return for Gomez. Alot of people here say the Devil's can't take on salary. Then how can they be offering Gomez $4 million? I think Frolov ($2.9 million cap figure for 4 years) and a pick or prospect would be what Lou would want.

If it were Gomez for Frolov and a 2nd round pick in 2007 I would do it.
Gomez for Frolov leaves us short a top-sixer.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:54 PM
  #80
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The problem with that is that it opens up another hole in our already thin top 6. Lose a goalscorer to gain a playmaker? No thanks. Gomez is the guy you get to play with Cammy and Frolov.
Agree.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:56 PM
  #81
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The problem with that is that it opens up another hole in our already thin top 6. Lose a goalscorer to gain a playmaker? No thanks. Gomez is the guy you get to play with Cammy and Frolov.
Well I am just trying to be realistic in my proposal. Lou is going to want a top 6 guy in return. I would still take Gomez over Frolov though. Don't forget that Gomez scored 33 goals as a "playmaker" and Frolov only scored 21 goals as a "goal scorer".

Maybe put O'Sullivan on a line with Gomez and watch the red light go on.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 10:58 PM
  #82
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Why do people insist on putting Frolov/Cammy's names in trade proposals?

I'd only trade those two guys if the other team is stupid.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:02 PM
  #83
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us View Post
Why do people insist on putting Frolov/Cammy's names in trade proposals?

I'd only trade those two guys if the other team is stupid.
Well you seem to think that other GM's are just going to give away their best players? You have to give something to get something in return. Cammi/Frolov are 2 of the cheapest top 6 forwards in the league right now. If the Kings do indeed want to get Gomez they will have to give up......

Frolov......or
Cammalleri.....or
Kopitar......or
O'Sullivan

At this point I would rather give up Frolov out of those 4.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:03 PM
  #84
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
Well I am just trying to be realistic in my proposal. Lou is going to want a top 6 guy in return. I would still take Gomez over Frolov though. Don't forget that Gomez scored 33 goals as a "playmaker" and Frolov only scored 21 goals as a "goal scorer".

Maybe put O'Sullivan on a line with Gomez and watch the red light go on.
This is also the first year he ever scored over 20 goals. Frolov has already scored 20 goals or more in 2 of his first 3 seasons. Also Frolov missed a good chunk of time, 21 goals in 69 games. Whereas Gomez scored 33 in 82 games. It could be said that Frolov could've matched him if he had played all 82 games.

I'd much rather deal a guy like Belanger + a prospect for Gomez than I would Frolov.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:06 PM
  #85
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post

At this point I would rather give up Frolov out of those 4.
Why? At the very least Frolov has proved himself to be a 20 goal scorer. 2 of those guys might never put it together in the NHL. Why deal something you know for something that could bust? I.E. Frolov being replaced by Kopitar.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:07 PM
  #86
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
Well you seem to think that other GM's are just going to give away their best players? You have to give something to get something in return. Cammi/Frolov are 2 of the cheapest top 6 forwards in the league right now. If the Kings do indeed want to get Gomez they will have to give up......

Frolov......or
Cammalleri.....or
Kopitar......or
O'Sullivan

At this point I would rather give up Frolov out of those 4.
I like how you didn't list Brown. No seriously, no sarcasm. I think out of all these guys, Brown would be one that I would really like to hold on to.

In order of who I would like to trade, most to least:

Frolov
Cammalleri
O'Sullivan
Brown
Kopitar

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:20 PM
  #87
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
.

In order of who I would like to trade, most to least:

Frolov
Cammalleri
O'Sullivan
Brown
Kopitar

So your saying you would rather trade our only proven young NHLers instead of the over-hyped prospects?

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:28 PM
  #88
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
Alot of people here say the Devil's can't take on salary. Then how can they be offering Gomez $4 million?
They can't ... they're screwed either way, supposedly ...
Quote:
The Philly Inquirer reports : Colin White's six-year, $18 million deal in New Jersey put the Devils $2 million over the $44 million salary cap going into the weekend. GM Lou Lamoriello still has to re-sign Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta, Paul Martin and David hale, among others.
... so Lou has got his work cut out for him ...

Patrik Elias 6,000,000
Martin Brodeur 5,200,000
Brian Rafalski 4,200,000
John Madden 2,938,000
Vladimir Malakhov 3,600,000
Alexander Mogilny 3,500,000
Colin White 3,000,000
Jamie Langenbrunner 2,800,000
Dan McGillis 2,200,000
Sergei Brylin 1,520,000
Richard Matvichuk 1,368,000
Brad Lukowich 1,000,000
Jason Weimer 950,000
Jay Pandolfo 836,000
Grant Marshall 760,000
Zach Parise 703,000
Cam Janssen 450,000
Mike Rupp 450,000
(but still to re-sign Gomez / Gionta / Martin / Hale / a Back-up Goalie)
-----------------------
Totals = 41,475,000 {w/ off-season cap limit @ $48.4 million. / $44 mil + 10% over}

though this link ... http://www.nysun.com/article/36128?page_no=1 has them at $43.9 million already ... and http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=271843 ... Devils fans are trying to figure it out still as well, there's talk they'll send Dan McGillis down to Lowell / AHL, like they did Mogilny. But this year NJ will have the FULL cap hit of Mogilny and Malakhov no matter what, unless they trade them to some team w/ a ton of CAP room {like Washington} ... either way seems like times are changing no more will the Av's, Wing's, Star's, Devil's be a sure Cup Contender, sadly doesn't seem like the Kings have it figured out yet either !

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:39 PM
  #89
RightKinger
Registered User
 
RightKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
This is also the first year he ever scored over 20 goals. Frolov has already scored 20 goals or more in 2 of his first 3 seasons. Also Frolov missed a good chunk of time, 21 goals in 69 games. Whereas Gomez scored 33 in 82 games. It could be said that Frolov could've matched him if he had played all 82 games.

I'd much rather deal a guy like Belanger + a prospect for Gomez than I would Frolov.
You could say that about Cammalleri. This was the first year he scored 30 goals. Gomez scored 33 goals. He is a play maker just like Joe Thornton so he isn't realy expected to score alot of goals. Frolov is a goal scorer. It's not a good comparison IMO. Gomez is a top 5 passer/setup man in the NHL probably only behind Thornton, Crosby, and Forsberg. Gomez is only 26 and could still improve. He is not injury prone and he has already won a Stanley Cup. I hope DL goes after him.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:44 PM
  #90
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
You could say that about Cammalleri. This was the first year he scored 30 goals. Gomez scored 33 goals. He is a play maker just like Joe Thornton so he isn't realy expected to score alot of goals. Frolov is a goal scorer. It's not a good comparison IMO. Gomez is a top 5 passer/setup man in the NHL probably only behind Thornton, Crosby, and Forsberg. Gomez is only 26 and could still improve. He is not injury prone and he has already won a Stanley Cup. I hope DL goes after him.
What does that have to do with my post?

Sponge was saying he'd like to trade Fro for Gomez and I said why? Where does Cammy come in? And yes I know Gomez's credentials, but he's not a guy I'd give up Frolov or Cammalleri for.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:51 PM
  #91
RightKinger
Registered User
 
RightKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
What does that have to do with my post?

Sponge was saying he'd like to trade Fro for Gomez and I said why? Where does Cammy come in? And yes I know Gomez's credentials, but he's not a guy I'd give up Frolov or Cammalleri for.
When you said that he hasn't scored 20 goals before. Nevermind.
Why not? You dont think Gomez is an upgrade over Frolov?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 11:53 PM
  #92
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
When you said that he hasn't scored 20 goals before. Nevermind.
Why not? You dont think Gomez is an upgrade over Frolov?
An upgrade sure, but it depends on what you are looking for. To me trading Frolov for Gomez is like trading an apple for an orange when we need another piece to finish our top 6. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:13 AM
  #93
RightKinger
Registered User
 
RightKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
An upgrade sure, but it depends on what you are looking for. To me trading Frolov for Gomez is like trading an apple for an orange when we need another piece to finish our top 6. It just doesn't make sense to me.
So your saying that we should get Gomez to play with Cammy and Frolov not trade one of them for Gomez. I agree with you there. Gomez would probably make both Frolov and Cammalleri 40 goal scorers. I just hope DL finds a way to get him.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:17 AM
  #94
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,871
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
So your saying that we should get Gomez to play with Cammy and Frolov not trade one of them for Gomez. I agree with you there. Gomez would probably make both Frolov and Cammalleri 40 goal scorers. I just hope DL finds a way to get him.
Exactly.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:35 AM
  #95
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Devil fans are expressing alot of interest in Conroy, they want a top 6 center in return for Gomez.

But if we gave up Conroy we'd be right back where we started; still needing a 1st/2nd line centerman. However, it would be an upgrade of what we have right now.

Frolov / Gomez / Cammalleri
O'sully / McCauly / Brown

is better then...

Frolov / Conroy / Cammalleri
O'sully / McCauly / Brown

Plus we have Kopitar to step into the 2nd line center role when he's ready.

So my proposal is: Conroy + Pushkarev for Gomez, on the condition Gomez signs a long term contract (4yr/5.3M). If we have to, we could send them Tukonen instead of Pushy.

Our 07-08 line up would look like this:

Frolov / Gomez / Cammalleri
O'sully / Kopitar / Brown

That's a very good, and very young top 6. They would be a force for years to come.

Trading Conroy might not be the best move for winning this season, but ultimatley it would be good for our future.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 01:10 AM
  #96
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Devil fans are expressing alot of interest in Conroy, they want a top 6 center in return for Gomez.

But if we gave up Conroy we'd be right back where we started; still needing a 1st/2nd line centerman. However, it would be an upgrade of what we have right now.

Frolov / Gomez / Cammalleri
O'sully / McCauly / Brown

is better then...

Frolov / Conroy / Cammalleri
O'sully / McCauly / Brown

Plus we have Kopitar to step into the 2nd line center role when he's ready.

So my proposal is: Conroy + Pushkarev for Gomez, on the condition Gomez signs a long term contract (4yr/5.3M). If we have to, we could send them Tukonen instead of Pushy.

Our 07-08 line up would look like this:

Frolov / Gomez / Cammalleri
O'sully / Kopitar / Brown

That's a very good, and very young top 6. They would be a force for years to come.

Trading Conroy might not be the best move for winning this season, but ultimatley it would be good for our future.
I'd hate to see Conroy go, but i'd definately do any of those deals. I like Gionta better but Gomez would be nice too.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 01:12 AM
  #97
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Devil fans are expressing alot of interest in Conroy, they want a top 6 center in return for Gomez.
Last I looked Kings fan didn't control what Dean Lombardi was doing, or Taylor before him, I doubt Devils fan's have any more control over Lou so what they want and what they get IMO are going to be very far apart. IF LL is 'Forced + Desperate' to get rid of Gomez ... it will be because they are WAY over the cap, not because they are rubbing up against it, if somehow they're only a couple Mil over, my guess is Lou finds other ways and players to unload and keeps Gomez, IF however they are $4-5 Mil over and HAVE to dump him {think JR situation in Philly when they went over by signing Forsberg - they had to pay us a 3rd rnd pick to take him !} they will want High Draft Picks and year or so out NHL quality Prospects and NOT ANY Salaried Player back in return to keep them in Cap trouble, it's really that simple.

Keep in mind though Lou is masterful at getting himself and the team out of trouble, all you have to do is look back to last year, something tells me he'll find a way to unload salary to a team like Washington, and/or other players to other teams, and he'll find a way to keep his best players for a couple years longer, some guys just have that knack of having things fall in place for them no matter how bad the situation may look .... and then there's the Kings

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 01:12 AM
  #98
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Sponge..

What I'm saying is why even trade these guys in the first place? The Kings have a good core of young guys that I wouldn't wanna give up for Gomez. Frolov and Cammeleri are two good players, and unless other teams want to be stupid they shouldn't go anywhere.

Frolov, Brown, Cammy, Brown, Tukonen, Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Lewis, and I am actually really high on Pushkarev.

Thats a really good list of players that I don't want to give up nor should we give up.

Edit: Also..

People really under estimate Frolovs ability it seems. Fro is a good player, and good top sixer.. Who is still young.


Last edited by two out of three*: 07-19-2006 at 01:18 AM.
two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 01:17 AM
  #99
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
I know what you are saying Reaper.....It would be nice to keep Frolov and Cammi AND get Gomez......But like I said you have to give up an asset to get an asset. And if I had to choose between keeping Frolov or getting Gomez.....I would pick Gomez. The reason for this is.....a great playmaker will make even mediocre goalscorers look good......like Gretzky did. But a good goalscorer is nothing without someone to pass it to him. So a great playmaker like Gomez is worth far more than a good goal scorer like Frolov.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 01:21 AM
  #100
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us View Post
Sponge..

What I'm saying is why even trade these guys in the first place? The Kings have a good core of young guys that I wouldn't wanna give up for Gomez. Frolov and Cammeleri are two good players, and unless other teams want to be stupid they shouldn't go anywhere.

Frolov, Brown, Cammy, Brown, Tukonen, Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Lewis, and I am actually really high on Pushkarev.

Thats a really good list of players that I don't want to give up nor should we give up.

Edit: Also..

People really under estimate Frolovs ability it seems. Fro is a good player, and good top sixer.. Who is still young.

I understand what you are saying. But I think that Gomez is better than some of those guys and he is still young too.....only 26. It is not like the Kings would be trading for a 34 year old. Gomez could still have his best years ahead of him. I just think that Gomez would help the Kings out more than Frolov. I could be wrong....but that why they have these boards.....so we can all give our opinions.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.