HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Howie Morenz memorbilia

Old
07-18-2006, 07:36 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

vCash: 500
OT: Howie Morenz memorbilia

I posted this in Hockey History as well, but though I might get some more information on the Canadiens page.

A neighbor lady of mine has moved out and is cleaning out some old stuff. Her late husband was a big Montreal Canadiens fan and bought several items back in the early 1900s. Among them she had a collection of personal photos of Morenz (non hockey photos) which also included a personal letter from his wife. These pictures and letter were in response to a letter of condolance from my nieghbor's husband upon Morenz's death. The letter is signed by her and the photos include three non hockey photos of Morenz. Her husband also had a team photo of Morenz (not from the Widow of Morenz).

We are trying to find out if this items might be something worth autcioning or selling to a collector. Any ideas of if they might be of value? And if so, any ideas of where to start. We live in Niagara Falls, NY and are therefore close to Toronto and Montreal.

Last edited by MacOfNiagara: 07-18-2006 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
hosehead

vCash: 500
Hi, thats a very interesting find!! You could donate them to my personal collection , or more seriously the first place I'd check with is Classic auctions. Their website is www.classicauctions.net -- I've never dealt with them so I don't know how it works but I do know they've handled alot auction for players personal collections & always have alot of Montreal Canadiens related items.

hosehead is offline   Reply With Quote