HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Howie Morenz Memorbilia

Old
07-18-2006, 07:34 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

vCash: 500
Howie Morenz Memorbilia

A neighbor lady of mine has moved out and is cleaning out some old stuff. Her late husband was a big Montreal Canadiens fan and bought several items back in the early 1900s. Among them she had a collection of personal photos of Morenz (non hockey photos) which also included a personal letter from his wife. These pictures and letter were in response to a letter of condolance from my nieghbor's husband upon Morenz's death. The letter is signed by her and the photos include three non hockey photos of Morenz. Her husband also had a team photo of Morenz (not from the Widow of Morenz).

We are trying to find out if this items might be something worth autcioning or selling to a collector. Any ideas of if they might be of value? And if so, any ideas of where to start. We live in Niagara Falls, NY and are therefore close to Toronto and Montreal.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
A neighbor lady of mine has moved out and is cleaning out some old stuff. Her late husband was a big Montreal Canadiens fan and bought several items back in the early 1900s. Among them she had a collection of personal photos of Morenz (non hockey photos) which also included a personal letter from his wife. These pictures and letter were in response to a letter of condolance from my nieghbor's husband upon Morenz's death. The letter is signed by her and the photos include three non hockey photos of Morenz. Her husband also had a team photo of Morenz (not from the Widow of Morenz).

We are trying to find out if this items might be something worth autcioning or selling to a collector. Any ideas of if they might be of value? And if so, any ideas of where to start. We live in Niagara Falls, NY and are therefore close to Toronto and Montreal.
google "Classic Auctions" They do hockey stuff and recently did a bunch of Morenz memorabilia. I bought a photo of Aurel Joliat and Cecil Hart in the Habs dressing room for 1500 plus fees. A letter from Howie to his dad from the hospital went for 5gs or somehting like that.

Bring Back Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:17 PM
chooch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Bucky View Post
google "Classic Auctions" They do hockey stuff and recently did a bunch of Morenz memorabilia. I bought a photo of Aurel Joliat and Cecil Hart in the Habs dressing room for 1500 plus fees. A letter from Howie to his dad from the hospital went for 5gs or somehting like that.
Lelands is pretty good too. Also Mastronet. Ask Simeon Lipman if you have questions. Google him to get his ad - he's more a pre-eminent baseball guy but he'll know who you can ask. simeonlipman@gmail.com.

chooch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2006, 08:44 PM

As a great man once said "It belongs in a museum." Contact the HHOF.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote