HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I just have one question for Julien.

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 07:48 AM
markov`

vCash: 500
I just have one question for Julien.

If you want Bulis to product, WHY DO YOU PUT HIM WITH JUNEAU AND SUNDSTROM?

Damn, that's not a bright move. Bulis is all the opposite of Juneau. Their styles doesn't fit at all.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:57 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`

Damn, that's not a bright move. Bulis is all the opposite of Juneau. Their styles doesn't fit at all.

I actually agree with this statement. I think it would be beneficial to shake the lines up, and not have all of our defensive players on the same line. Players like Juneau, Dackell, Sundstrom, Bulis, and Kilger I think should be put on seperate lines, that way we could form a line-up with equal lines of one defensive player, one play-making player, and one player who has a nose for the net.

Old
11-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Capitano

Good point...I think Bulis is a guy that I look to to start contributing offensively. He won't do that with Juneau as his center. Yuck.

Cap

Old
11-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Rahan

He played on other lines at the beginning of the season, only to find that he didn't fit there and could only work decently with Juneau and Dackell/Sundstrom.

Old
11-12-2003, 11:04 AM
BigM1ke

I'm sorry but Bulis isn't a top 2 lines player!!! He may be fast, but besides doing SUPER DUPER faints and dropping the puck, he's not doing alot for the team except for his defense side....

Let's keep him on the 3rd where he belongs...

Old
11-12-2003, 11:10 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`

it is the opposite ; cj tried him in other lines at the begining of the season , and he look likes completly like someone who never know where to go .

His a really good role player , so let him where he is ...

Old
11-12-2003, 11:14 AM
zurg999

Bulis has been given tons of offensive line time (last season with Koivu and again this year in a few games). He has not produced like a first line player, but then again who on the Habs has? From that perspective, I really don't care if Julien gives him another opportunity or not. I don't expect he'll be our salvation.

I think he's better suited to a checking line anyway. And who says a says a checking winger shouldn't produce points? I have seen him with several good opportunities this year, and he typically misfires at least as much as the rest of the gang (that couldn't shoot straight).

Old
11-12-2003, 11:29 AM
tinyzombies

Bulis definitely needs to play on an offensive line. His development time has been hampered by injuries and all he's done since then is carry the checking line. We already have checking line players up the wazoo.

Audette is doing nothing, I smell a buyout on the horizon. Perreault was popping some goals, so maybe slot him in there every now and then, but room has to be made to give Bulis a chance.

Case in point: Ryder-Ribeiro-Hossa... this line was put together the other day for a couple shifts and they had Buffalo pinned in the zone the entire time out there, but then during the same game the line was broken up...

I don't get it...

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik
Bulis-Ribs/Perreault-Hossa

Why not? Just stick with it. Both Ribs and Perreault wear down in the second half, so why not platoon them?

Old
11-12-2003, 02:41 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Players like Juneau, Dackell, Sundstrom, Bulis, and Kilger I think should be put on seperate lines, that way we could form a line-up with equal lines of one defensive player, one play-making player, and one player who has a nose for the net.
5 players each playing on a different line when there are only 4 lines?
That wouldn't quite work unless one of them became a defenseman.

I agree that Bulis should be given another chance to produce on a top line, or at least have some checking line players that have some speed to play with him.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Uber Coca

Zednik - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Bulis
Sundstrom - Juneau - Ryder
Kilger - Begin - Langdon

These would be my lines.
- Putting Ryder with Juneau and Sundstrom would be benefic for the third line.
- Bulis with Ribeiro and Hossa is a good trio IMO, Bulis brings speed, Hossa thoughness and grit, Ribeiro flashy plays.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Good point...I think Bulis is a guy that I look to to start contributing offensively. He won't do that with Juneau as his center. Yuck.

Cap

Juneau's one of the top scorers on the team. 6 pts so far. I think he fits well with Juneau but Sundstrom needs to wake up.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:20 PM
HABitude

Last night Bulis had 5 shots on goals. They were soft shots I have to mention. One of them was so soft anyone of us would have done an harder shot and anyone grand'ma would stop it. Maybe Bulis was expecting to score with that soft shot made to make laught the goalie on that purpose, but the goalie (Denis) stayed focussed. He laught of that shot after the game.

C'mon, this the National League, today's goalies are phenomenal, it takes NHL shots to beat a goalie. The Habs are getting ridiculous, who have an hard shot except Souray on that team? Are the Habs making 30 shots on goals per night just for the stats? Are they expecting to beat a goalie with pea shoots like that?

Old
11-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Howie Morenz

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and still feel he is being wasted playing on that checking line.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:18 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

simply put, Bulis is, at this very momment of his career, ONE OF THE BEST defensive wingers in the league. He's the best defensive player we had in a long time, so he's getting lots of ice time in a checking role. That's it.

Old
11-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Wildbeliefs

I'm not sure if he is good enough to be a top 6, but I personally like the fact that we have a guy on the third line that is fast and can score 15-20 goals. The idea of having 4 good lines is very appealing to me...

Besides, could you imagine our third line without Bulis?
Sundstrom - Juneau - Dackell?

Old
11-13-2003, 03:23 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
simply put, Bulis is, at this very momment of his career, ONE OF THE BEST defensive wingers in the league. He's the best defensive player we had in a long time, so he's getting lots of ice time in a checking role. That's it.
Dead on.

He's an excellent checking winger, but only be a marginal top 6 player. Besides his speed, he hasn't shown a whole lot of offensive flair this season.

Old
11-13-2003, 05:53 AM
markov`

Last season, Bulis scored when he was with Zednik. I think Zednik and Bulis shouldn't be separated. Bulis-Koivu-Zednik. CJ tryed this last year and it worked. Then, put Ribeiro with Audette and Ryder. Audette and Ryder are scorers while Ribeiro is a play-maker. Perfect fit, no?

Old
11-13-2003, 05:54 AM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
The Habs are getting ridiculous, who have an hard shot except Souray on that team?
Andrei Markov.

Closed Thread