HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why don't we unload Useless players before getting anyone!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 05:06 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Why don't we unload Useless players before getting anyone!!

Considering many owners are pushing for $31 M cap on payroll next year, I think BG should just keep quiet in trading department other then unloading veterans as if some kind of Cap does come out we are gone be contenders in no time, and many RFA will be let go along with those UFA, if speculation is right we could end up with very good player in free agency market very cheap next year, and if not we'll have quiet a many Prospects like Plekanec, Higgins, Komisarek, Balez, Dagenais ready to step in and contribute, this would pretty much bring down those redwings, leafs, Rangers down hill, and even senators will would have hard time signing all their stars, I think BG should really gamble on this as many weak teams are playing waiting game for table to turn in their favour.

Old
11-11-2003, 06:07 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Why dont we unload our useless players?
I think you already answered your own question. Nobody wants to pick up players because they don't want too big of a payroll in case of a salary cap. And if they don't want an excess in payroll, why would they want to get any of our overpaid and underachieving players?

Old
11-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Habs4ever

Then keep them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
Why dont we unload our useless players?
I think you already answered your own question. Nobody wants to pick up players because they don't want too big of a payroll in case of a salary cap. And if they don't want an excess in payroll, why would they want to get any of our overpaid and underachieving players?

I'm more then sure Audete gets boughtout next season, and contract for lot of depth guys like Juneau, Dackell, Quintal, Dykhuis, Traverse, Sundstorm, Perrault areup and if my calculation is correct thats saving of more then $12 M in payroll, I'm sure that probably brings our payroll down to about respectable amount, with an option to get rid of Briseboise if required. so we sign big free agent name a real star player without trading anyone if there is no Cap, or just keep what we have as we alraedy have our young guys ready to contribute atleast in 3rd and fourth line for sure, and guys like Plekanec. Higgins could even make top two line.

Closed Thread