Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 05:25 AM
theo6060

vCash: 500
Gameday thread: Wild @ Canucks, Nov. 8

Minnesota record 6-6-2.
Vancouver record 9-3-2.

My money is on the Canucks for this one, 4-2.

Goals by Dupuis and Gaborik.

Old
11-08-2003, 05:35 AM
ceber

I always underestimate our guys when we play the Canucks. Seems like they should just run us over. So, I should probably temper my gut feeling with an extra goal or two for the Wild. But, back-to-back hasn't been all that friendly to us... hmmm. 5-3 Nucks.

Old
11-08-2003, 05:40 AM
DW

Shouldn't this be fun game tonight? I'm guessing that this will be the first points for Gaborik tonight. I think he may play pretty well. I also heard this game is on HNIC. I hope the results are the same as they were last year. Gaborik with an awsome game. I just hope he doesn't get stuck with those slugs Matt Jphnson and Jim Dowd. I'm hoping it will be Walz and Dupuis with him tonight.

I'm guessing 3-2 Canucks with an ugly tone to the way the game will be played.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Robert Paulson*

Anyone know who's starting?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:48 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
Anyone know who's starting?
I second that question.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:49 AM
GaborikRules10!!!

I would guess Fernandez is because Roli played last night.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:15 PM
vitogor

Ruutu MUST DIE!

On the side note, Gabby keeps wasting his breakaway chances...

Old
11-08-2003, 06:40 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
We need a physical forward that can skate, it is pretty apparent in this game.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:49 PM
ceber

Make-up calls are such total BS. That "roughing" call on Morrison (I think it was Morrison) was such a weak call. Doesn't make me feel any better about Ruutu not getting anything for that hit on Brandner, nor for Henry getting four for doing what really wasn't much at all. I don't want a power play. I want to see Henry pop Ruutu a couple of times so Ruutu thinks twice about throwing the cheap stuff. Bah.

Our tv guys are driving me nuts, too. Just call the game, I say. They're sounding a little too partisan for my taste tonight.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:53 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Make-up calls are such total BS. That "roughing" call on Morrison (I think it was Morrison) was such a weak call. Doesn't make me feel any better about Ruutu not getting anything for that hit on Brandner, nor for Henry getting four for doing what really wasn't much at all. I don't want a power play. I want to see Henry pop Ruutu a couple of times so Ruutu thinks twice about throwing the cheap stuff. Bah.

Our tv guys are driving me nuts, too. Just call the game, I say. They're sounding a little too partisan for my taste tonight.
Agree on everything. Mike went nuts, he should just calm the hell down. I wouldnt mind seeing a top player being run, not just Cooke/Ruutuu. Ruutuus hit was hard. On the Canucks board it was clean, according to our analysts it was ridiculous. Whatever, Ruutuu should get his ass beat for that, and Brander needs to keep his head up and just be aware that play is more physical in the NHL. Last 3 games he took 3 BIG hits.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Just checked out the box score for this game and saw that Daigle had another goal, four shots, and a +1. Are you guys still pleased with his play? Who is he skating with, Dowd and Chouinard?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:43 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
When does Burns come back from the IR?

And should we call up Wanvig and send down Hendrickson?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:45 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
My money is on the Canucks for this one, 4-2.

Goals by Dupuis and Gaborik.
I was pretty scared until 5 minutes. Not only was the score right till Daigle scored, but both Dupuis and Gaborik scored too!

Old
11-08-2003, 07:50 PM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
Just checked out the box score for this game and saw that Daigle had another goal, four shots, and a +1. Are you guys still pleased with his play? Who is he skating with, Dowd and Chouinard?
Chouinard and Dupuis. Daigle had a lot of jump in the 3rd. If he could only do that for the entire game... He often mails in his effort for long stretches, then BOOM! out of nowhere he comes in and starts flying. Inconsistent in other words.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:57 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I was pretty scared until 5 minutes. Not only was the score right till Daigle scored, but both Dupuis and Gaborik scored too!
Nearly calling the score and getting two of three scorers right is worth some recognition, I'd say.

Overall, not a terrible game for us. It could've turned into a pretty bad blowout, in my opinion. It was nice to see the guys stick with it and put in the comeback effort. I liked Henry's game quite a bit, nice spirit.

Who fights Zholtok?? I think someone needs to sit Ruutu down with some tapes to watch so he can learn the right players to go after.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I come in peace...please don't shoot me, I'm here to talk. :p

Just wanted to weigh in on my opinion about tonight's game. I thought that the Ruutu hit on Brandner was clean. I know, call me what you will. However, Ruutu forcing Zholtok to fight was absolutely ridiculous. Kudos to Zholtok for hanging in as long as he did. The Wild outplayed the Canucks over the second half of the game, but it was a nailbiter and an emotional rollercoaster for sure....which is a rarity when I watch the Wild. :p

Flame away!

~Canucklehead~

11-08-2003, 07:59 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
I come in peace...please don't shoot me, I'm here to talk. :p

Just wanted to weigh in on my opinion about tonight's game. I thought that the Ruutu hit on Brandner was clean. I know, call me what you will. However, Ruutu forcing Zholtok to fight was absolutely ridiculous. Kudos to Zholtok for hanging in as long as he did. The Wild outplayed the Canucks over the second half of the game, but it was a nailbiter and an emotional rollercoaster for sure....which is a rarity when I watch the Wild. :p

Flame away!

~Canucklehead~
Not a whole lot to be flaming about. Hopefully Ruutuu will get ****ed up on Tuesday. And...did you see the playoffs last year? They were pretty exciting, at least to me they were.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:08 PM
ceber

I guess I'd say the Ruutu hit on Brandner was borderline. Technically, it was probably clean because I didn't see an outright elbow (don't let me get started on our announcers), and it didn't look like the prototypical charge or boarding, but was maybe close. One replay made it look like he left his feet a bit, but... Either way, I dunno about the four for Henry. I suppose you've got to give him more than just 2 for roughing since he tackled Ruutu. I dunno. The Zholtok fight I just didn't understand. It's the sort of thing that I'd like to add to a "low-light" tape to send to the commissioner in support of removing the instigator rule.

Guy just gets back from a week of tests that reveal an irregular heartbeat and Ruutu decides he needs to be punched... tough start for Zholi.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylib
Not a whole lot to be flaming about. Hopefully Ruutuu will get ****ed up on Tuesday. And...did you see the playoffs last year? They were pretty exciting, at least to me they were.
Well of course they were exciting for you, you guys were the ones doing all the scoring! :p Normally Minnesota's style of game doesn't appeal to me, I'm not a defensive buff. But tonight, the offense went both ways as did the physicality(someone pissed Linden off too, that's not easy to do). Ruutu sure did his job to a T tonight...he majorly got under the skin of the Wild and their fans. I'm not saying I agree with what he did, getting Zholtok to fight was pretty low. But he did his job and he sure did it effectively.

I just hope Brad May's alright, he left the game. I hope he's not hurt.

The Brandner hit...I think Ruutu just caught him with his head down. It was a clean hit but it was made to look worse by the fact that Brandner's head came up at the last second and took a lot of the impact, made him look like a ragdoll. Just my opinion on it.

~Canucklehead~

Old
11-08-2003, 08:21 PM
vitogor

Quote:
I was VERY irritated by them to say the least. Not only they kept on going about it for about 5 minutes non-stop, they dedicated half of the intermission to their whining... Disgusting broadcasting.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:23 PM
ceber

Quote:
just hope Brad May's alright, he left the game. I hope he's not hurt.
I think our TV guys said he felt sick.. came down with the flu or something. I didn't think he got hit hard at all, did he? There was that one punch from Brown, but he came back up after that finished out that fight pretty strongly, so I'd be surprised if it was some sort of injury. I hate injuries.... just takes all the fun out of the games that get a little extra fiesty.. for me, anyways.

Old
11-08-2003, 09:15 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
I think our TV guys said he felt sick.. came down with the flu or something. I didn't think he got hit hard at all, did he? There was that one punch from Brown, but he came back up after that finished out that fight pretty strongly, so I'd be surprised if it was some sort of injury. I hate injuries.... just takes all the fun out of the games that get a little extra fiesty.. for me, anyways.
May is a tough cookie, but he did look quite winded there towards the end of his second tilt with Brown. He threw a couple of very, very weak punches that didn't even fully make it to Brown. :p He looked very tired; either a head injury or, like you said, the flu. I hope flu, because May is pretty important to this team given we have no real enforcer.

They both looked like they were congratulating each other after the second round, though.

~Canucklehead~

Old
11-08-2003, 09:25 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Quote:
May is a tough cookie, but he did look quite winded there towards the end of his second tilt with Brown. He threw a couple of very, very weak punches that didn't even fully make it to Brown. :p He looked very tired; either a head injury or, like you said, the flu. I hope flu, because May is pretty important to this team given we have no real enforcer.

They both looked like they were congratulating each other after the second round, though.

~Canucklehead~
There was one punch that landed flush and seemed to sting May for a second...could be a mild concussion.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

From TSN:

Quote:
May didn't return after the second tilt but, despite a cut over his eye, said he isn't injured.

``I didn't come back because, honestly, I was tired,'' said May. ``I just ran out of gas. Brad Brown, I've fought him many times in the past and it's always a good matchup. It was good for both of us tonight.''

Does that mean the pair will square off again on Tuesday when the teams play the second game of their home-and-home series?

``Yeah, you never know,'' May said with a grin.
Good news for the 'Nucks.

~Canucklehead~

Old
11-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
For all you Matt Johnson haters, it's games like these that the Wild keep him around - it will be interesting if Ruutu plays, if Johnson will give him the same treatment he gave Ohlund for taking runs at Gaborik last year (or was it the year before).

Who needs the Black Hawks when you have the Canucks -- yeehaw!

Closed Thread