HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Hillier (3rd rd pick 2006) Video

Old
07-19-2006, 11:28 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

vCash: 500
Ryan Hillier (3rd rd pick 2006) Video

Someone posted a few vids from NHL CSB on the Prospects Board. One of them was Hillier's. Its a video from the playoffs against Lewiston.

http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...illier_700.asx

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:32 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Thanks.

He is really going to have to put on some muscle...he was getting pretty manhandled around on the ice. Least he wasn't afraid to go on corners or anything though.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Thanks Lala.....

Nice looking player, tenacious. Lets hope he gets stronger.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:04 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

3 More videos

Bobby Sanguinetti(21)
http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...inetti_700.asx Nice skater, very calm with the puck, and he through 2 nice hits...dont know where people got off saying he doesnt hit?

Artem Anisimov(54)
http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...isimov_700.asx He looks good, got 2 assists in the video (but he hit the post i think on an empty net), good with the puck and helped out on defense

David Kveton(104)
http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...Kveton_700.asx Seems like a 1 way player..net hanging at the blue line, hmm. Through a nice hit though.

Of course these are just 2 minute clips of the players so putting much stock in anything you see isnt really fair, nice to see them play though a bit.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 07-19-2006 at 12:14 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
3 More videos

Bobby Sanguinetti(21)
http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...inetti_700.asx Nice skater, very calm with the puck, and he through 2 nice hits...dont know where people got off saying he doesnt hit?

Artem Anisimov(54)
http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...isimov_700.asx He looks good, got 2 assists in the video (but he hit the post i think on an empty net), good with the puck and helped out on defense

David Kveton(104)
http://mfile.akamai.com/16532/wmv/nh...Kveton_700.asx Seems like a 1 way player..net hanging at the blue line, hmm. Through a nice hit though.

Of course these are just 2 minute clips of the players so putting much stock in anything you see isnt really fair, nice to see them play though a bit.
With Sanguinetti it's really a matter of doing it a little more, not hesistating in his own and being a little more consistent with the effort there.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:20 PM
BigE

He can skate and isn't afraid of the corners. As a 17 year old that's almost all you can ask for (had he had anymore weight on him, I suspect he would have went higher).

****** highlight reel but it gives a good glimpse of his hustle.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:24 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Thanks.

He is really going to have to put on some muscle...he was getting pretty manhandled around on the ice. Least he wasn't afraid to go on corners or anything though.
He boucned off a couple checks but 1 was Jonathan Paiment...former NYR prospect, thick kid 6'02 210 and the other was Chad Denny...6'02 230 lol But yeah he definatly needs to put on the weight

LaLaLaprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Hiller will need strength and consistency.

I don't think he's quite tapped into the potential he has inside. The kid has some really good scoring instincts and abilities, it's just not there sometimes.

Old
07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
****** highlight reel but it gives a good glimpse of his hustle.
that's cuz it isn't a highlight reel

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

I'd like to know who said Sanguinetti is so afraid to lay the body on, and whoever is comparing him to Poti is just foolish. As he gets bigger and more experienced, he'll be a lot more confident all-around.

As for Hillier, good energy player, maybe a checking guy one day. Reminds me a little of Jason Blake. Small, fast, scrappy.

I didn't get to see Anisimov and Kveton, my WMP won't open it for some reason. Some stupid error message keeps popping up.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I'd like to know who said Sanguinetti is so afraid to lay the body on, and whoever is comparing him to Poti is just foolish. As he gets bigger and more experienced, he'll be a lot more confident all-around.

As for Hillier, good energy player, maybe a checking guy one day. Reminds me a little of Jason Blake. Small, fast, scrappy.

I didn't get to see Anisimov and Kveton, my WMP won't open it for some reason. Some stupid error message keeps popping up.
I think the Poti comparisons are laughable, but on a day in day out basis Sanguinetti does have work to do in the physical department. Not that he is expected to start slapping people around but there were more than a few times where a simple check would have done the job and he avoided it and it causes problems.

Old
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Pizza

Very impressive Fly!!

I like the way Hillier just keeps going to the net. A relentless style of play. Needs to get stronger, but a good looking kid.

Sanguinetti... meh, could'nt tell much imo. One nice defensive play but overall did not look nearly as involved as the players in these clips. If this is any indication, he's got a ways to go.

Anisimov: Impressed with his size and skill. Skates very well big guy or not. Just a good looking player making things happen out there. Involved. Like what I see.

Kveton: Best looking skater out of the clips: The guy can flat out move. Played pretty physical from what was shown too.

Good looking group overall.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Very impressive Fly!!

I like the way Hillier just keeps going to the net. A relentless style of play. Needs to get stronger, but a good looking kid.

Sanguinetti... meh, could'nt tell much imo. One nice defensive play but overall did not look nearly as involved as the players in these clips. If this is any indication, he's got a ways to go.

Anisimov: Impressed with his size and skill. Skates very well big guy or not. Just a good looking player making things happen out there. Involved. Like what I see.

Kveton: Best looking skater out of the clips: The guy can flat out move. Played pretty physical from what was shown too.

Good looking group overall.
Most of the defensemen in these clips don't look terribly "involved" because there's a lot of play away from the puck being spotlighted. Sanguinetti also has a pretty effortless stride. but overall, yeah not a lot to go on with that clip...

I was impressed with Anisimov's size and skating. Didn't look nearly as skinny as I thought he would, but I guess we have to keep in mind he's playing against other kids his age.

Hillier has nice hustle, but needs to get stronger...

Kveton is a nice skater and looks like he has good offensive skills, but he's playing like a floater in that video. Cherrypicking, slow on the backcheck...he'll have to change some of that to progress as a prospect.

Old
07-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Kveton is a nice skater and looks like he has good offensive skills, but he's playing like a floater in that video. Cherrypicking, slow on the backcheck...he'll have to change some of that to progress as a prospect.
Can't assume this is how he plays. Maybe the coach is instructing him to cheat and stay back with the D-man, who knows....

Old
07-19-2006, 02:46 PM
XploD

Where can I find more of these prospect videos? Not just for Rangers but for all teams.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:00 PM
frozenrubber

Kveton - The best part of his clip is his offensive/puck handling confidence. This organization boasts a lot of heart & soul types, but seeing someone with an offensive chip on their shoulder makes me pretty happy.

I hold a lot of hope that his obvious 1-way talent can translate into a serviceable NHL variety.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:08 PM
MrAlfie

well im sorry but.. meh...
out of these for guys i like sanguinetti the most, he seems to be very calm and has some kind of a mature bodylanguage, i know these where only 2 minute videos but i didnt like hillier at all.
i respect the effort but even if you are small and dont have much flesh on your bones you dont just bounce of a guy when you know how to hit right, and it seemed like hillier doesnt know how to hit.. he just skates towards them and bounces off them...
its not like they threw a hit on him, he was looking for the hit and looked totally unprepared... i just hope hell learn how to throw his body around.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
well im sorry but.. meh...
out of these for guys i like sanguinetti the most, he seems to be very calm and has some kind of a mature bodylanguage, i know these where only 2 minute videos but i didnt like hillier at all.
i respect the effort but even if you are small and dont have much flesh on your bones you dont just bounce of a guy when you know how to hit right, and it seemed like hillier doesnt know how to hit.. he just skates towards them and bounces off them...
its not like they threw a hit on him, he was looking for the hit and looked totally unprepared... i just hope hell learn how to throw his body around.
The kid did everything right IMO, he just needs to bulk up.

Old
07-19-2006, 03:19 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
The kid did everything right IMO, he just needs to bulk up.
it didnt look right to me.. as i said, i liked the effort but he bounced off these two guys like it was the world wrestling federation, its a good indication that you somehow mistimed the check.
if you have a stable position you can easily take out a +200lbs guy even if you are only about 178 or maybe even less.
thats all im criticizing, like its been mentioned, these clips are very short and its definitly not a complete scouting video, so i cant base my opinion on those.. but im describing what ive seen.
thats all.

i have to correct myself, the second one wasnt really a check, he was skating towards the goal and got pushed back by the defender. so its only one check he threw and didnt land 100%.
so ill be easy on this lil fella and keep my mouth shut until hes ready.

Last edited by MrAlfie: 07-19-2006 at 03:24 PM.
MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:30 PM
BLACKBURN

Great clips, Kveton has some real flair and Sanguinetti is a great skater and looks a lot more solid defensively than expected. Hillier looked a bit weak and ineffective, its only a few clips from one game so I wont get hung up on it. Ansiminov looked huge and graceful, I had a thought of Kvasha run through my head hopefully he becomes the player that we want.

Again nice to see some of the prospects, clips are like goldust

BLACKBURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Levitate

well yeah, you gotta remember these are kids playing, these aren't even AHLers yet. They still have a lot to learn and a lot of developing to do

Old
07-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
it didnt look right to me.. as i said, i liked the effort but he bounced off these two guys like it was the world wrestling federation, its a good indication that you somehow mistimed the check.
if you have a stable position you can easily take out a +200lbs guy even if you are only about 178 or maybe even less.
thats all im criticizing, like its been mentioned, these clips are very short and its definitly not a complete scouting video, so i cant base my opinion on those.. but im describing what ive seen.
thats all.

i have to correct myself, the second one wasnt really a check, he was skating towards the goal and got pushed back by the defender. so its only one check he threw and didnt land 100%.
so ill be easy on this lil fella and keep my mouth shut until hes ready.

I don't think he mistimed that hit, he tried to go up high and at his current size they may not owrk too well, but in time we hope he bulks up and hits like that will start to stick

Old
07-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN View Post
Great clips, Kveton has some real flair and Sanguinetti is a great skater and looks a lot more solid defensively than expected. Hillier looked a bit weak and ineffective, its only a few clips from one game so I wont get hung up on it. Ansiminov looked huge and graceful, I had a thought of Kvasha run through my head hopefully he becomes the player that we want.

Again nice to see some of the prospects, clips are like goldust
Try watching what he does away from the puck, positioning. Also, look at his rushes up ice, he's smart and has skill. Ok, so he's not perfect, but some of the things he does well can't be taught.

Old
07-20-2006, 03:15 AM
Taz

Bobby Sanguinetti looked very calm and effortless in his skating, a nice defensive play and a hit. He seemed to be strict with his defence and nice first passes. I also thought he looked a little bit lost when defending the crease and needs to bulk up a bit. But i think his video impressed me the most.

He also looked bigger then i thought...

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 04:11 AM
-Duffx-

Ryan looks a bit light out there. But he seems to be a smooth skater who’s not shy of getting in the corners, but he defiantly need to bulk up.

-Duffx- is offline   Reply With Quote