HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Good stuff still available

Old
07-19-2006, 05:38 PM
wheels1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick Vega View Post
I'm still holding out hope that Pitt manages to land either Sykora or Carter.

What is Pitt's salary figure at right now? They will only spend the required min. this year. If they are at that, then that's all you're going to get.

wheels1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Marksman

Sykora Carter Bulis Markov and Legace theres top 5 now.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 07:30 PM
TheDanceOfMaternity

Guess I took that thread for its title a few weeks ago. I thought Carter was locked up by the Wild for a while!

TheDanceOfMaternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:40 PM
redwingsdude

Wasn't Pittsburgh recently interested in bringing Recchi back to play with Crosby?

I guess they weren't too keen on the guy.

redwingsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:53 PM
oilfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyG013 View Post
What's up with Eric Daze? I see him on the list. He pretty much missed all of last season and only played 19 games in 03-04. Is his career done?
The NY Islanders will make him Chief of Player Personnel next week.

oilfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsdude View Post
Wasn't Pittsburgh recently interested in bringing Recchi back to play with Crosby?

I guess they weren't too keen on the guy.
It's not that we weren't keen on him, we've had him twice, once when he was a good young player, once when he was a not so good (at least defensively) old player...and he seemed to be Crosby's biggest rival in the locker room...I'll pass...and while I'm at it, I'll pass on Anson Carter too...

Some goodies that may or may not have been mentioned...
Jason Allison (if healthy he can be very productive)
Owen Nolan (same as above)
Valeri Bure (same as above)
Oleg Kvasha, I think this kid could break out before it's too late, but he's got one last chance to try to prove that he's a top 6 guy on a bottom 10 team
Konstantin Koltsov (Penguin bias, he only has speed, useful on the penalty kill)
Tomas Surovy (again, Penguin bias, but given a good center he has shown flashes of having the ability to be a 20 goal scorer, low risk high reward for a chance taking team)
Eric Boguniecki (solid 4th liner and can score on occassion, the kind of player that teams get when they go deep into the playoffs...Mike Rupp from the '03 finals-esque)
Rory Fitzpatrick (decent all-around defenseman, would be a good addition to most teams last pairing)
Manny Legace (I don't know why people won't give him a chance, that Detroit debacle was not all his fault)
Dominik Hasek (if you're giving injury prone Eddie Belfour a chance, why not give injury prone Dominik Hasek a chance, at least with Hasek you'll have a chance at winning)
Sebastien Caron (still young, and while he's not God's gift to goaltending, he is a serviceable backup for many teams and can be there for years to come, as the ability to make great saves on occassion)
Ryan Vandenbussche (can fight police officers...)

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
Europe probably.
That'd be disgusting. 30 NHL GMs vote the man as the 5th best goaltender of last season and not one will open up the pocketbook a little to make him their #1. H'ed be an excellent optoin for Keenan and Co. in Florida.

Verbal Kint* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Sakic
Extra B is for BYOBB

Send a message via MSN to Sakic Send a message via Yahoo to Sakic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey287 View Post
It's not that we weren't keen on him, we've had him twice, once when he was a good young player, once when he was a not so good (at least defensively) old player...and he seemed to be Crosby's biggest rival in the locker room...I'll pass...and while I'm at it, I'll pass on Anson Carter too...

Some goodies that may or may not have been mentioned...
Jason Allison (if healthy he can be very productive)
Owen Nolan (same as above)
Valeri Bure (same as above)
Oleg Kvasha, I think this kid could break out before it's too late, but he's got one last chance to try to prove that he's a top 6 guy on a bottom 10 team
Konstantin Koltsov (Penguin bias, he only has speed, useful on the penalty kill)
Tomas Surovy (again, Penguin bias, but given a good center he has shown flashes of having the ability to be a 20 goal scorer, low risk high reward for a chance taking team)
Eric Boguniecki (solid 4th liner and can score on occassion, the kind of player that teams get when they go deep into the playoffs...Mike Rupp from the '03 finals-esque)
Rory Fitzpatrick (decent all-around defenseman, would be a good addition to most teams last pairing)
Manny Legace (I don't know why people won't give him a chance, that Detroit debacle was not all his fault)
Dominik Hasek (if you're giving injury prone Eddie Belfour a chance, why not give injury prone Dominik Hasek a chance, at least with Hasek you'll have a chance at winning)
Sebastien Caron (still young, and while he's not God's gift to goaltending, he is a serviceable backup for many teams and can be there for years to come, as the ability to make great saves on occassion)
Ryan Vandenbussche (can fight police officers...)

i agree with all of that, but you forgot recchi

Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote