HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne for Comrie

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Diesel

vCash: 500
Gagne for Comrie

I posted something in the edmonton board about the comrie rumors and how ridiculous i think they are. At this point though, I am sort of warming up to the idea of Gagne for Comrie straight up. I'm sure this hasn't come up in the discussions, but i'd much rather see this than Handzus+ for Comrie.

Old
11-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I posted something in the edmonton board about the comrie rumors and how ridiculous i think they are. At this point though, I am sort of warming up to the idea of Gagne for Comrie straight up. I'm sure this hasn't come up in the discussions, but i'd much rather see this than Handzus+ for Comrie.
i agree, at this point giving up Gagné and say a D prospect like Seidenberg wouldn't be soo bad, i'd much rather do this than giving up any other stable players in the lineup.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:03 PM
RoDu

but where would he play? my only idea is bump rex down to third, but that might screw with chemistry

Old
11-10-2003, 06:16 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Gagne strait up for Comrie is equal IMO.

Comrie is more physical than Gagne even though he is smaller and he would probably do better in the East compared to Gagne. He is a 2nd Line center which we lack having two really good third line centers. I would have no problem with a Gagne for Comrie trade actually with Gagne not producing it would probably be in his best interest to play on fast Edmonton team. Im sure a Gagne-Smyth-Hemsky/Dvorak line would be pretty cool to see as an Edmonton fan. But what would our lines be? Im sure the Recchi-Roenick-Amonte Line would have to stay with their current chemistry. I would love to see two guys like Comrie and Williams playing together because I bet it would develop Williams into a 30+ goal scorer. So unless Comrie could play LW that would push over Handzus to LW. Then what to do with LeClair? Maybe try this...

Recchi-Roenick-Amonte
Comrie-Handzus-Williams
Brashear-Primeau-Kapanen
LeClair-Lapointe-Chouinard/Fedoruk

could work? The 4th line has been generating chances and LeClair could still get some goals.

Old
11-10-2003, 06:49 PM
MojoJojo

My biggest concern with Comrie is his defensive play. I have no interest in a thirty goal scorer who floats or is just lazy in his end. If he were to play under Hitch's system, his production is going to suffer.

Then again, at least we might see him play an entire season without getting hurt. Gagne is starting to piss me off, because it seems that his injuries aren't so serious, and he cant or wont play through pain.

The deal is fair, but I would pass, because our team is doing well and it isn't tempting enough to take the risk.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:34 AM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Is it just me, or have things just been getting worse and worse since the Olympics? I remember hearing that Gagne is starting to believe in himself as a rather elite hockey. Well, Gagne, STOP IT! Do whatever it was before that you were doing and score 30 goals! You're a horrible, horrible player and need to prove yourself!

Old
11-11-2003, 05:43 AM
blah

He's already proven himself as a scorer. He just needs to prove he can't be knocked out of the game with a dirty hit. If he comes back after being hit the hits will stop b/c it'll be a bad penalty to take if he comes back.

Old
11-11-2003, 05:46 AM
Fire Bobby Clarke

I am so sick of all this Comrie for Gagne talk...Gagne is the better player and will be the better player in the future. We don't need another Center let alone giving up a winger for one.

Old
11-11-2003, 06:31 AM
VaFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Bobby Clarke
I am so sick of all this Comrie for Gagne talk...Gagne is the better player and will be the better player in the future. We don't need another Center let alone giving up a winger for one.
I agree Gagne is the better player, the only problem is, you have to actually PLAY to be a better player. Gagne for Comrie, right now, is fair value wise IMO. I would not make this trade in order to get Comrie. I would make this trade if a 3rd team wanted Comrie and we could get someone we really wanted, like Iginla. I know I will get blasted for this, but I would make this trade:

Johnsson, Comrie to Calgary
Iginla to Philly
Gagne to Edmonton

Why Johnsson? I don't want to trade youth and the way Pitkanen is playing, he doesn't play like a rookie. If Therien stays in the lineup, we then only have 1 rookie in the lineup, I want a 2nd. I would line up this way:

Recchi/Roenick/Amonte
Leclair/Handzus/Williams
Kapanen/Primeau/Iginla
Brashear/Lapointe/Somik or Chouinard or Fedoruk

Therien or Vandermeer/Desjardins
Pitkanen/Ragnarsson
Weinrich/Seidenberg

I guess my only real question is, did Philly give up enough for Iginla, to much, right amount, or do they need to throw in a pick or cash?

Old
11-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
There is no way that Simon is being traded! and for a lockout ass like Comrie??? :mad:

Old
11-11-2003, 07:26 AM
VaFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
There is no way that Simon is being traded! and for a lockout ass like Comrie??? :mad:
If you read what I said above, I don't want Comrie. You wouldn't want Simon traded for Iginla?

Old
11-11-2003, 07:42 AM
blah

The Flyers don't want to add payroll plus Johnsson isn't moving we really only have 3 above average dmen.

Old
11-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Nikkowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
If you read what I said above, I don't want Comrie. You wouldn't want Simon traded for Iginla?
I don't want Simon traded for anyone.

Old
11-11-2003, 09:36 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Simon is losing his value to the organization. He is starting to look injury prone and has yet to turn the corner as an elite player. Everyone LIKES Gagne, but if we would be stupid to pass on a player like Gaborik, LeCavalier, Kovalchuk, etc. if they were offered as some sort of deal for Gagne. The only player I really dont want to see traded right now is Williams.

Old
11-11-2003, 09:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
As much as i like Gagne getting Iginla would be sweet. Iginla is far more physical and can handle himself. yeah we would be taking on more salary but if it got us closer to the promised land, i would do it.
but thats just me.

Old
11-11-2003, 02:25 PM
RoDu

Quote:
I figured this was coming

Old
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
King Fish

I think moving Gagne might not be a bad idea. I have a feeling that this year will be the same as last year, injury and goal wise. I'm watching the isle's game and there have been two chances where he should have put it in the net. I guarentee he does not score more than 12 goals this year. I would love to see the old Gagne back but I think he is gone.

Question: If not Comrie, who could we get for Gagne?

Old
11-12-2003, 02:50 PM
Nikkowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
I figured this was coming
yeah,it was

Old
11-12-2003, 03:02 PM
FearTheFlyers

It makes absolutely zero sense to trade Simon right now..he has the worst trade value at the moment of his entire career,wait til he''s on an upswing then run his ass out of town like you guys seem so eager ro do.:

Old
11-12-2003, 03:49 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
It makes absolutely zero sense to trade Simon right now..he has the worst trade value at the moment of his entire career,wait til he''s on an upswing then run his ass out of town like you guys seem so eager ro do.:
we don't want to run him out of town, we want him to succeed here, but he isn't cause he is hurt everyother five minutes, that leave us with little choice

Old
11-12-2003, 03:52 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
we don't want to run him out of town, we want him to succeed here, but he isn't cause he is hurt everyother five minutes, that leave us with little choice
********,players that have a prolonged slump are not given a chance to break out of it by the Flyer Fans.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:56 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
********,players that have a prolonged slump are not given a chance to break out of it by the Flyer Fans.
this slump has been for a year and a bit, not so much slump too, he can't stay healthy

Old
11-13-2003, 04:38 AM
Banger

He has started to play better the last couple games. I think he will be ok, just needs to get his wheels going and get his confidence back. He is in the perfect situation on this team since they don't rely on his scoring since there are so many other talented players on the squad.

A nice two goal game would bring him back to life. Maybe tonight????

Old
11-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Brad*

No, most definitely not. This is easily a case of the grass is greener on the other side, because what Comrie brings isn't an upgrade over Gagne.

Why would the Flyers want ANOTHER center let alone one who isn't physical or gritty and isn't a particularly good defensive player? I don't know where this ridiculous idea that the Flyers should acquire Comrie started, but I had hoped what Clarke said would have been enough for most people to give it a rest.

Apparently not.

Old
11-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
No, most definitely not. This is easily a case of the grass is greener on the other side, because what Comrie brings isn't an upgrade over Gagne.

Why would the Flyers want ANOTHER center let alone one who isn't physical or gritty and isn't a particularly good defensive player? I don't know where this ridiculous idea that the Flyers should acquire Comrie started, but I had hoped what Clarke said would have been enough for most people to give it a rest.

Apparently not.
I agree that Philly is not a good spot for Comrie to end up, but that doesn't stop clark for trading for comrie to get something he really wants from another team. The Iginla option listed above is just an example.

I am sure clark is looking at any option that would improve his team and if it means trading for comrie to make that happen i am sure he would do that too even after what he said.

Closed Thread