HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dominic Moore traded for Adam Hall

Old
07-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Go read Rodent's latest, he agrees.
I wonder who could be on our radar?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:34 PM
rangerjoe

This is a sad day for Rangerjoe...

RangerJoe's favorite Ranger, now an ex-Ranger

Two of my favorite Rangers of all time, two #18s, Tony Granato and Dom Moore, both traded away from RangerJoe...

Sadness

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:41 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Well, I just got home from work and saw the headline "Hall heads to Rangers in three team deal" and my immediate reaction was SWEET. I quickly began to figure out who we possibly could have dealt for him and was almost sure it was going to be Rozsival. I would have been happy with a Hall for Rozsival deal. As it turns out, all they gave up is Dominic Moore. In my mind this is a solid trade for our team right now and great asset management by the Rangers. We move a player that is a dime a dozen in our organization and add a big, North American winger who's still quite young and plays a power forward game. It really wouldn't surprise me to see Hall score 20-25 goals this year. Sometimes a change of scenery is all a player needs to jumpstart his career.
Nah, Rozsival is going to net us Barret Jackman.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:49 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I think Renney really has some PP options up front now. If you have a defensively weak team, you go with

prucha-jagr and exploit that hole on the LW.
shanahan-jagr for when you are up against big dmen, which should also open up the points on the PP.
shanahan-hall would be the PP unit for those dirty PPGs.
prucha-hall - less likely unless they both really develop

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjoe View Post
This is a sad day for Rangerjoe...

RangerJoe's favorite Ranger, now an ex-Ranger

Two of my favorite Rangers of all time, two #18s, Tony Granato and Dom Moore, both traded away from RangerJoe...

Sadness
Don't forget Mike York as a fan-favorite #18.

Draft Guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:55 PM
polako

I liked Dom Moore a lot, and I'm rather sad to see him go. I'm not as high on Adam Hall as most others on here are, but i'll reserve judgement until I see more of him.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:04 PM
rangerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Don't forget Mike York as a fan-favorite #18.

Yeah, he sure was...I still am pissed we traded him...he would have thrived under our current system...

RangerJoe = sadness

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Renney really has some PP options up front now. If you have a defensively weak team, you go with

prucha-jagr and exploit that hole on the LW.
shanahan-jagr for when you are up against big dmen, which should also open up the points on the PP.
shanahan-hall would be the PP unit for those dirty PPGs.
prucha-hall - less likely unless they both really develop
I think we could possibly see Tyutin-Straka and Rachunek-Cullen point pairings.

Then, we go Jagr-Shanahan-Nylander, Prucha-Hall-Immonen.

Old
07-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

i love this trade, moore just simply didn't fit in the plans.

Most logical to me:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr(speed, passing, scoring...we saw it last year)
Shanahan-Immonen-Hall (Puck-possession, north-south style line)
Prucha-Cullen-Ward(lots of speed, some grit, and sweet shots from Cullen and Prucha with dirtyworkman Ward)
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer(hitting, energy line)

Roll lines 1-3 the same, so there's no problem having a Prucha on the "third" line.

Old
07-19-2006, 09:18 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
AWESOME!! Not a big Dom Moore fan but he is a solid player. But Hall for Moore? Great job Sather/Maloney!! I love this team right now!

We have the MOST interchangeable parts I've ever seen on one team. If a center goes down, don't worry we'll just throw Hall in there, or Cullen, even Ward (who is a good center imo) -- winger goes down, throw in Hossa, Hall, Orr, G Moore, Dawes... oh that is great.

This team is FINALLY making even the little moves good teams make. We should all be very excited.

I mean look at this offseason so far -- it's great!

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:20 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance View Post
i love this trade, moore just simply didn't fit in the plans.

Most logical to me:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr(speed, passing, scoring...we saw it last year)
Shanahan-Immonen-Hall (Puck-possession, north-south style line)
Prucha-Cullen-Ward(lots of speed, some grit, and sweet shots from Cullen and Prucha with dirtyworkman Ward)
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer(hitting, energy line)

Roll lines 1-3 the same, so there's no problem having a Prucha on the "third" line.
I was thinking

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Shannahan-Cullen-Prucha
Hall-Immonen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer
Hossa/Orr

We could very well see Dawes up here as well. Like I said in my last post, this is great... so many options is a luxury to have.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
I was thinking

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Shannahan-Cullen-Prucha
Hall-Immonen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer
Hossa/Orr

We could very well see Dawes up here as well. Like I said in my last post, this is great... so many options is a luxury to have.
Pretty much how I see it at the moment, though I don't doubt Renney will fiddle with the lines when he sees fit. Shanahan could play RW and Prucha LW, who knows. Maybe even with Jagr, though I don't like that.

Dawes is the one who is probably hurt by this the most though, as it makes it difficult to beat out someone for a decent spot. If he really shows up in camp however, I bet the Rangers can fit him in

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Stars-Preds

Hall is a solid player and I think you guys will like him. He is a very good defensive player, great on the PK, and obviously has the size. If he would use it more his offensive numbers would go up too. Best of luck with Adam Hall!

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Levitate

thanks man, good luck with that, err, third round pick

I guess the Preds really wanted to move hall but the Rangers didn't want to give up a pick and Pittsburg wouldn't do it for Hall alone

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Sather/Maloney did a great job today. Adam Hall fits into what the Rangers are doing plain and simple..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:30 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
As Ro mentions we are sitting very comfortably with about $6M to spend. I think Slats is sitting still like the cat sizing up the little pretty bird.
Maybe Sather is waiting to see how all those arbitration hearings pan out before he makes a move?

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Great asset management by the Rangers. To flip Moore into Hall is something that I didn't think was possible, so that indicates that Nashville really didn't want Hall. Why, I don't know.

Good job.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance View Post
Good idea, but not going to happen with a healthy Jagr on the team. Prucha is going to be asked to play a much different role for the team this season, one would think, because the forward holes have been filled by right handed players that play a much different style that Petr. He will almost certainly not be used on the first PP unit, and I'm wondering if the additions of Shanahan and Cullen might jeopardize his place in the shootout lineup.

I am convinced another move is going to be made, and the more I think about it, the more likely it seems to me that Prucha will be involved.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 10:49 PM
stardog

The worst thing about this deal from a Nashville standpoint is that they then turned around and traded Pivko AND Moore to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a third round pick.
This looks like a bad deal when you throw in all the assets of a three team deal.
The Rangers give up Moore and get Hall....good trade off for NYR
The Penguins give up a 3rd rounder and get Moore and Pivko (good trade for the Penguins).
Nashville gives up Adam Hall, Moore AND Pivko and get only a 3rd round pick back.
Horrible asset management by Nashville.
One has to wonder (this is for the conspiracy theorist in all of us) if The Pens wanted Moore, but NYR wouldnt give him up to a division rival, so Schero used his connections in Nashville to get Moore out of NYR in order to get him to Pittsburgh?
Why else would Nashville get him only to trade him right away? This had to be Pittsburgh's target player in the deal. I mean its just strange how this all transpired and these are three teams involved and one of them happens to be Shero's old team.

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:01 PM
FrankMTL

I think its a good trade for the Rangers...Hall is a big guy wh can skate and who has pretty good offensive potential. And as a Habs fan I'm even more thrilled because is it me or did Moore score most of his goals against us...???

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:27 PM
AL-Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog View Post
The worst thing about this deal from a Nashville standpoint is that they then turned around and traded Pivko AND Moore to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a third round pick.
This looks like a bad deal when you throw in all the assets of a three team deal.
The Rangers give up Moore and get Hall....good trade off for NYR
The Penguins give up a 3rd rounder and get Moore and Pivko (good trade for the Penguins).
Nashville gives up Adam Hall, Moore AND Pivko and get only a 3rd round pick back.
Horrible asset management by Nashville.
One has to wonder (this is for the conspiracy theorist in all of us) if The Pens wanted Moore, but NYR wouldnt give him up to a division rival, so Schero used his connections in Nashville to get Moore out of NYR in order to get him to Pittsburgh?
Why else would Nashville get him only to trade him right away? This had to be Pittsburgh's target player in the deal. I mean its just strange how this all transpired and these are three teams involved and one of them happens to be Shero's old team.

As a Nashville fan, I'm more than happy with the way Nashville handled their assets. You have to take the Preds/Canes deal with this deal to see how they worked things to their current situation (advantage in my opinion). First - trading Walker for Vasicek improved their 'lacking' center position. Vasicek/Legwand as 2nd/3rd centers works better for them than an aging/injury prone Walker. Second - Adam Hall was clearly a 4th line winger/PK guy for them this year. Moving Hall and Walker opened up positions for their 3 young but ready forwards in Upshall, Tootoo and possibly Radulov. Third - Preds' GM Poile loves to stock high (1st to 3rd round) draft picks in years with a quality draft, while dealing draft picks in weak drafts (see this year). The Preds' scouting department has found several 2nd/3rd round gems in quality drafts (Weber, Klein to name two NHL ready players from a quality depth draft). Fourth - Pivko would NEVER, EVER play an NHL game with Nashville. It was reported he was going home to Europe, so his lose isn't really a lose for the Preds.

As I said on the Preds' board, I wouldn't give Poile an "A" for these trades but he's earned a solid "B" in my books. Moving Walker for a bigger, younger center (key need) and then moving Hall (Moore and Pivko) for a 3rd, which opens up spots for NHL ready youngsters plus snagging a future asset is sound asset management in my opinion

AL-Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:37 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I agree 100% with AL-Canadian. I think Nashville did a good job with this trade with what I've heard from Nashville fans about their roster and team needs. There are times when trading two players from your team and getting only a draft pick in return is good asset management because there's just no room for these players in your system and/or they're blocking the progression of other players who suit your team better. It was a good deal for the Rangers as well considering how many Moore-type players they have to compete for his spot. And Pittsburgh gets a young player to help their penalty killing and maybe chip in a few goals as well.

Also it's cool to see a three-team deal now and then even if it's not a blockbuster.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:45 PM
DJ Spinoza

I think this worked out pretty well for all the teams.

Nashville didn't have a place for Hall, and Pivko was going to go back to Europe if he didn't make he NHL, which he wouldn't on Nashville. So they walked away with a third round pick, which is half decent return.

The Pens picked up a solid player in Moore who should help us in some areas a lot (defensively and PK). Pivko is somewhat of a low risk, high return pickup, because if he make the team he may be providing cheap offense, and if he doesn't make it he will return to Europe and may not cost us much. (He'd supposedly be on a two way deal).

The Rangers have a glut of centers and flipping Moore for Hall worked out for them.

DJ Spinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I do remember you touting Hall back in 1999. Chris Kelly was another kid you were high on.
Now that I do remember, and both have become nice little role players.

And even now I think both have room to grow.

Not elite potential but they're already solid NHL'ers and hitting that age where they could come into their own a little more.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Here's a link to my old Inman article, actually...

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=4975
You're not gonna like this but I never knew you wrote those, it all makes sense now though.

Few too many Corona's and Bob Marley tonight for me.....

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote