HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster for '07 Season:

Old
07-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JELLY View Post
Am I the only one that feels that Rachunek is not that good that we would be better off bringing off a youngster than having him play?
Why do you think he won't be that good?

He's going to get a chance in training camp to prove that the 10+ games he played here before the lockout (when everyone was playing piss poor) were in the past. If he doesn't make the team out of training camp, then he will be traded. It's a win-win situation. Rachuncek has talent and is still young enough to have potential. If he can put it together in the NHL the way he has in Russia the last two seasons, he could turn out to be the most valuable addition to the lineup this season.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 10:16 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatteaubowwow View Post
Actually there is one mistake. We are gonna Bring Montoya up and Make Weekes our GM.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Jocelyn Guevremont-Walt Poddubny-Pat Hickey
Greg Polis-Carol Vadnais-Claude Larose
Andre Dore-Dean Talafous-Dave Silk
Frank Beaton-'Crazy' Al Klemink-Lance Nethery

Nick Beverly-John Bednarski
Larry Sacharuk-Dallas Smith
Gilles Marotte-Don Awrey

Doug Soetaert
Hardy Astrom
Graves-Messier-Amonte
Ogrodnick-Turcotte-Gartner
Weight-Nemchinov-Kerr
Domi-King-Kocur

Leetch-Beukeboom
Patrick-Cirella
Rochefort-Djoos

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 03:32 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Kasparaitis gives Grant Marshall "The Peoples Elbow"

Oh god please do a sweet chin music on Poti Hahahaha

Entrancemperium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Graves-Messier-Amonte
Ogrodnick-Turcotte-Gartner
Weight-Nemchinov-Kerr
Domi-King-Kocur

Leetch-Beukeboom
Patrick-Cirella
Rochefort-Djoos
That Per Djoos is no Don Awrey.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 10:53 AM
StartLundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
I'd like to see a third line of

Hossa-Immonen-Hall
Why? Hossa is terrible. I hope we trade him.

StartLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I don't understand why people would want Shanahan to play right wing. He still has one of the most lethal one-timers in the history of the NHL. Putting him on the right side doesn't play to his strength.

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Shanahan - Cullen - Prucha
Ward - Immonen - Hall
Hossa/Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

Malik - Rozsival
Kaspar - Tyutin
Ward - Rachunek

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:02 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I hope you are right i really do. I think Staal makes the team out of camp and has legit shot to stay in the NHL after his 10 games..With that being said I don't know how you can say he is better than our other Dmen. At this stage he might not even be better than Strudwick. He isn't our #1 defenseman now nor should it even be brought up around him. (on a board is one thing but something like that in the mind of a young player could be disaster)

What about him makes you think he is not only ready for the Rangers but ready to take a GIANT leap to franchise DMan?
Because of what I've heard of his talent and make-up. He's a young kid who can skate, play the physical game, and handle the offensive game. Usually the keepers make the big leaps and keep their jobs...I see it for him

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Choice

Who is the 4th line center if Betts goes down? Does Ward slide over? Can Helminen play center?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:41 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Who is the 4th line center if Betts goes down? Does Ward slide over? Can Helminen play center?

Helminen is a center.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:42 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Who's high pitch?
This is Kelly Claarkson

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:11 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post

Greg Moore? Move Straka to C and demote Immonen?

Old
07-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Because of what I've heard of his talent and make-up. He's a young kid who can skate, play the physical game, and handle the offensive game. Usually the keepers make the big leaps and keep their jobs...I see it for him
His talent and makeup? The keepers don't usually make the big leap infact being patient with the kid is probably the smart thing to do. (the rangers don't need staal to develop in the nhl order to show they are rebuilding)

I think he will make the team but my expectations and I hope the Rangers expectations are much lower than yours. I hope you aren't think Dion Phaunff because Staal is a much different sort of player.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 03:30 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
His talent and makeup? The keepers don't usually make the big leap infact being patient with the kid is probably the smart thing to do. (the rangers don't need staal to develop in the nhl order to show they are rebuilding)

I think he will make the team but my expectations and I hope the Rangers expectations are much lower than yours. I hope you aren't think Dion Phaunff because Staal is a much different sort of player.

So what, I'm not allowed to get excited over the kid? I'm not supposed to believe he can come up here, make a statement, and get big line minutes right off the bat? I'm sure he's gonna be able to and give him a few games, you'll be begging for his move up

Old
07-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
So what, I'm not allowed to get excited over the kid? I'm not supposed to believe he can come up here, make a statement, and get big line minutes right off the bat? I'm sure he's gonna be able to and give him a few games, you'll be begging for his move up
Dude you are allowed to think whatever you want. I hope he comes here and makes a big statement but my point is it shouldn't be expected. Have you even seen him play a game to make such bold statements? He might not be a #1 defenseman for 3 years let alone after a few months in the NHL.

Old
07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Dude you are allowed to think whatever you want. I hope he comes here and makes a big statement but my point is it shouldn't be expected. Have you even seen him play a game to make such bold statements? He might not be a #1 defenseman for 3 years let alone after a few months in the NHL.

All I expect is for him to fit right in and get big minutes, it's not like we have any other top of the knotch defenseman

Old
07-21-2006, 04:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Interesting article on the Bulletin:

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

I disagree with some of the assessments - most likely Prucha and Shanny both play in their natural spots, but... the mix of styles would seem to suit better if you combine Prucha's and Shanny's game on the same line (despite the fact that one of them is playing his off wing), which would then push Hall back to the third line. If Betts gets a spot on the team, I think it's 4th line center and even there he's at risk of losing his job to Dubinsky - or Ward if they move Prucha/Shannahan. And, if Immonen impresses, he could climb as high as 2nd line. Despite his recent signing, I don't think Ortmeyer has a guaranteed spot and could get moved. I do agree that Dawes is probably in the A until an injury frees up space. Unless Colton Orr has really improved his skills over the summer I don't see him ever playing more than a couple of games a season. And of course I think Hossa has a real shot at LW on the 3rd line (although I know most of you don't agree).

[Interestingly, espn.com lists Prucha as a RW if you go to the roster page. Not that they know that much about hockey.]

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
[Interestingly, espn.com lists Prucha as a RW if you go to the roster page. Not that they know that much about hockey.]
To be honest it's pretty hard to keep track of forward positions, and ESPN is certainly not alone in labeling players with not the most recent one. When you factor in guys like Cullen, Straka and Prucha who can play multiple positions, then it becomes more difficult.

Realistically a lot of players no longer really have a "natural" position as such, just the one they played when they came into the leauge, or perhaps have been playing for some years.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
All I expect is for him to fit right in and get big minutes, it's not like we have any other top of the knotch defenseman
What makes you have these expectations? What makes you think he will "fit right in" and get big minutes?

Have you seen him play any games to make you think this?

Not having any other top notch defenseman (which is debatable) doesn't mean Staal should be rushed..

Dude i hope and pray you are right about him being ready but to "EXPECT" it is to much to ask of a 19 year old.

Old
07-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

I disagree with some of the assessments - most likely Prucha and Shanny both play in their natural spots, but... the mix of styles would seem to suit better if you combine Prucha's and Shanny's game on the same line (despite the fact that one of them is playing his off wing), which would then push Hall back to the third line. If Betts gets a spot on the team, I think it's 4th line center and even there he's at risk of losing his job to Dubinsky - or Ward if they move Prucha/Shannahan. And, if Immonen impresses, he could climb as high as 2nd line. Despite his recent signing, I don't think Ortmeyer has a guaranteed spot and could get moved. I do agree that Dawes is probably in the A until an injury frees up space. Unless Colton Orr has really improved his skills over the summer I don't see him ever playing more than a couple of games a season. And of course I think Hossa has a real shot at LW on the 3rd line (although I know most of you don't agree).

Prucha is probably listed as a right winger because he's a right-handed shot. Although, especially in Europe, right-handed shots tend to either play the off wing (left side) or do a lot of cross-overs during play so they can set up on the left side and get a solid shot off (something that Prucha showed he can do very well).

I honestly don't like the idea of playing Prucha and Shanahan together because they are both right-handed shots (and have real scoring ability from the left side). I suspect, all things being equal (and no other roster moves amongst the fowards), to see a secord line of Shanahan/Cullen/Hall with a third line of Prucha/hopefully Immonen/Ward. If Betts is centering that line for whatever reason, then I really think both Prucha (who Betts showed ZERO chemistry with) and Ward will be lucky to score 15-20 goals between them at even strength. Betts just doesn't have any passing ability in the offensive zone.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 09:20 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Prucha is probably listed as a right winger because he's a right-handed shot. Although, especially in Europe, right-handed shots tend to either play the off wing (left side) or do a lot of cross-overs during play so they can set up on the left side and get a solid shot off (something that Prucha showed he can do very well).

I honestly don't like the idea of playing Prucha and Shanahan together because they are both right-handed shots (and have real scoring ability from the left side). I suspect, all things being equal (and no other roster moves amongst the fowards), to see a secord line of Shanahan/Cullen/Hall with a third line of Prucha/hopefully Immonen/Ward. If Betts is centering that line for whatever reason, then I really think both Prucha (who Betts showed ZERO chemistry with) and Ward will be lucky to score 15-20 goals between them at even strength. Betts just doesn't have any passing ability in the offensive zone.
That's why I can see them trying to make a deal for a 2nd line center. Say EDGE is on target with his speculation about Marleau...put Marleau between Shanny and Hall, with Cullen sliding down to the third line, with at least Ward on his RW, and we are looking at a MUCH more dynamic team.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 08:22 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41 View Post
Matt Cooke who is rumored to be available who will need a raise. Maybe Sather can pull off a Cooke for Hossa and Rozsival type deal or something. Cooke would give us more grit and works hard and is a pest.
Do we need a matt cooke? Isn't Dubi a very similar player with a better offensive upside? That trade has us trading for something we already have. No need IMO.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 09:30 AM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
That's why I can see them trying to make a deal for a 2nd line center. Say EDGE is on target with his speculation about Marleau...put Marleau between Shanny and Hall, with Cullen sliding down to the third line, with at least Ward on his RW, and we are looking at a MUCH more dynamic team.
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Shanahan-Marleau-Hall
Prucha-Cullen-Ward

I dont know about anyone else but I like it. What exactly would have to happen to take Marleau away from San Jose though? In my opinion, a third team would have to get involved.

To start, something like this...?

SJ Recieves:
Weekes

NYR Recieves:
Marleau

Team 3 Recieves:
Nabokov

Valiquette would then be our backup so Montoya could play top minutes in AHL.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 10:23 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Shanahan-Marleau-Hall
Prucha-Cullen-Ward

I dont know about anyone else but I like it. What exactly would have to happen to take Marleau away from San Jose though? In my opinion, a third team would have to get involved.

SJ Recieves:
Weekes

NYR Recieves:
Marleau

Team 3 Recieves:
Nabokov

Valiquette would then be our backup so Montoya could play top minutes in AHL.
I'm assuming those are just the starting points for such a deal...I don't see how we're going to get a young center who just put up career numbers for a back up goalie coming off a .500 season with a GAA of 3. As the saying goes, I'd drive Weekes to SJ if needed to make that deal happen.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 10:51 AM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post

SJ Recieves:
Weekes

NYR Recieves:
Marleau