HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster for '07 Season:

Old
07-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Why do you think he won't be that good?

He's going to get a chance in training camp to prove that the 10+ games he played here before the lockout (when everyone was playing piss poor) were in the past. If he doesn't make the team out of training camp, then he will be traded. It's a win-win situation. Rachuncek has talent and is still young enough to have potential. If he can put it together in the NHL the way he has in Russia the last two seasons, he could turn out to be the most valuable addition to the lineup this season.
He also played like crap for Ottawa that season. I agree with you about the win-win situation but it Rachucek might not be that good of a player.

If he turns out to be "the most valuable additiion" to out lineup than we had a ton of other failures combined with his play.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

At best, Weekes would be the throw in.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
He also played like crap for Ottawa that season. I agree with you about the win-win situation but it Rachucek might not be that good of a player.

If he turns out to be "the most valuable additiion" to out lineup than we had a ton of other failures combined with his play.
You'll never know until you actually put him in the lineup. And there are plenty of players who had bad seasons several years ago and rebounded.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:41 PM
BringBackNeilSmith

A little late to the party but your fine job demands to be treated with respect, so 2 definite additions and one "sorta kinda probably"... added in RED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Current Rangers roster if training camp started today (positions are according to Rangers website, in case of position being "Forward", I put them where they were last season... regular NHL players from last season come first, new guys fighting for spots after; the only "in the system guys I included were guys I knew offhand had been signed to pro contracts... feel free to add):

LW
--------
Brendan Shanahan
Martin Straka
Petr Prucha
Ryan Hollweg * listed as a center, but when does he play center?
Nigel Dawes
Lauri Korpikoski
Dane Byers

C
-------
Michael Nylander
Matt Cullen
Blair Betts
Jarkko Immonen
Brandon Dubinsky
Dwight Helminen
Bruce Graham
Lee Falardeau

RW
-------
Jaromir Jagr
Adam Hall
Jason Ward
Jed Ortmeyer
Colton Orr
Greg Moore
Hugh Jessiman
Ryan Callahan
Rick Kozak

D
-------
Darius Kasparitis
Aaron Ward
Marek Malik
Karel Rachunek
Fedor Tyutin * not technically signed yet, but where is he going?
Sandis Ozolinsh
Martin Richter
Marc Staal
David Liffiton
Ivan Baranka
Thomas Pock
Bryce Lampman
Jake Taylor
Daniel Girardi
Marvin Degon
Hannu Pikkarainen (I think...)

G
-------
Henrik Lundqvist
Kevin Weekes
Al Montoya
Steve Valiquette
Chris Holt
Mikka Wiikman

Feel free to add or make corrections

BringBackNeilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I don't understand this one. I'm skeptical about Rachunek too.

However, unless Shanahan scores 40 goals again, it would take Rachunek having only a little better season (offensively) than he has shown he can have in the past to be just as valuable of an addition. He's never had an actual 40 point season, but his points per game in a couple of them are the same as a 40 point season. Make that a 45-50 point season if he's improved his game and suddenly, that would put him in the top 25 scoring defensemen in the league.

Do I believe 100% that this is going to happen? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Fletch

Rachunek's a huge wildcard...

the guy definitely had the potential to be a decent hockey player. I wasn't too impressed with him in his short stint, and only saw flashes in Ottawa, but he was young. Last season may've been a good confidence-building season and he may've advanced his abilities. If the Rangers do well, he could have a good chance to have a decent season. I don't see him as being a decent player on an OK team though (if that makes any sense).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

In other words, if the Rangers aren't good, Rachunek won't be good. I might agree with that.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:03 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

if the rags had a shot at Marleau or Gomez, would you guys be upset if Immonen were included in the deal?
I'm not gonna throw out proposals but I think in order to get them we would need to trade at least a decent prospect, a pick, and probably a decent NHLer.

Last edited by ChrisKreider20: 07-24-2006 at 11:45 AM.
ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Limey FK

Send a message via AIM to Limey FK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk View Post
if the rags had a shot at Marleau or Gomez, would you guys be upset if Immonen were included in the deal?
I'm not gonna throw out proposals buy I think in order to get them we would need to trade at least a decent prospect, a pick, and probably a decent NHLer.
Sharks are trying to win now. If they were looking to trade Marleau, which they're not, it would require NHL impact players to get him.

Where is this notion that the Sharks are looking to trade Marleau coming from? So they can move Brown to 2nd line center? I highly doubt it. They're strength is the 1-2 punch down the middle and they know it.

Limey FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:44 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Theres is so much talk this week with all the arbitration going on, its like an NHL Rumor party on the web. Personally i think its fun to see what people think, but NONE of it is credible, so i just sit around a wait for the real deals to pop up.

I must admit this offseason has been quite exciting compared to most years.

P.s
But i could go without the proposals Jort.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:46 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk View Post
I'm not gonna throw out proposals buy I think in order to get them we would need to trade at least a decent prospect, a pick, and probably a decent NHLer.
Im not sure either of them are a good fit. But i would prefer Marleau over Gomez. Immonen... wouldnt kill me.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote