HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Article on David Fischer

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Article on David Fischer

Good article on Fischer, our latest first round pick.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=5117

The last paragraph should prove to be extremely... interesting for the regulars around here:
Quote:
While hearing his name called by the Canadiens was a moment he’ll never forget, the same can’t be said for the last minute preparations leading up to the draft. The NHL Combine proved to be Survivor and Fear Factor all rolled into one. As if the physical beating the players endured wasn’t draining enough, what awaited them in at the one-on-one interview stage was just as demanding.

“The interviews started at like 8:30 am and went until on until six,” recalled Fischer, still shaking his head in disbelief. “So picture this, a long hotel hallway and we’re just guided from room to room where there’s a different team waiting to grill you.

“The toughest thing was when I could tell that it just wasn’t clicking and things started feeling awkward,” added Fischer, who was hardly as fresh and alert as he would’ve hoped when he finally knocked on the Canadiens door around 2 pm. “It had certainly been a long day up until that point but as soon I walked in, I felt a good vibe. Even days later I had a gut feeling that the Canadiens were really interested in me. I don’t know how, but I just knew.”

Clearly, he wasn’t alone.

Old
07-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
This means he is surrounded by a good vibe within the organization

Old
07-19-2006, 04:34 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I think I saw another article where he acknowledges he didn't have that great of an interview process.

Last edited by sXe: 07-19-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old
07-19-2006, 05:04 PM
madbox

You heard so much about Fischer's cocky stupidity just after he was drafted on various sites... I fail to see it. He's confident and positive about his hockey and the future. I say that's a good attitude to have.

Old
07-19-2006, 05:50 PM
larue*

Fischer me thinks like he might or not be too good but he mights and mights not get to be so good me not that could be the for sure possible case to be or not to Fischer be if you say so to be in case you dont oh well.

Old
07-19-2006, 06:49 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Good job guys, 22 posts and only 4 were on topic, bravo! Next time take the @#*& spelling lessons to pm. I'll leave the thread open but anyone that goes off topic and you'll be getting some warning points for sure.

Closed Thread