HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammy

Old
07-19-2006, 08:17 PM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Cammy

Do any of you guys think that Cammy is worth 3.5 to 4 Million dollars per season?

The reason I am asking is because on Sirius today they were compareing Cammy to Rick Nash? I almost crapped all over my new car. I want the Kings to keep him but not at that price it scares me D:

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:24 PM
STANDnFIGHT
Sea Moan Gone Yay!

1.5 at the most

What kinda car?

STANDnFIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:26 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Do any of you guys think that Cammy is worth 3.5 to 4 Million dollars per season?

The reason I am asking is because on Sirius today they were compareing Cammy to Rick Nash? I almost crapped all over my new car. I want the Kings to keep him but not at that price it scares me D:
Did you call in and ask them what variety of tree they were smoking? Cammy is a great player but not sure if he is on the level of a nash just yet. I have to agree with STAND and say 1.5-2 a year

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:28 PM
johnjm22

In the future yes, right now no.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:36 PM
kingsfan25

I don't see where they're getting Rick Nash from. Cammy's good, but he's a totally different player.

And no way is he worth 3.5 mill right now.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
**** if he wants that much now, deal him. We could get a pretty good return for him.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:48 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANDnFIGHT View Post
1.5 at the most

What kinda car?
Its a infinti g35 And O`Sullivan is gonna be #9

I think they were compareing Goals and Points. Rick Nash only had 3 more goals then him. They were also compareing Simon Gagne to Alex Tangauy n stuff it was intense.

Old
07-19-2006, 08:48 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
I don't see where they're getting Rick Nash from. Cammy's good, but he's a totally different player.
Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
And no way is he worth 3.5 mill right now.
Over 2-years he probably is....

(Not dorected at you kf25)
Nash will actually be paid $4.5-million this season according the the NHLPA site...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think Cammalleri could be as good as Martin St. Louis. I've always been supportive of him and couldn't believe the number of people who wanted to see him dealt over the past couple of seasons.

With that said, he isn't worth that kind of money, YET. If Lombardi really is trying to get him locked up for 4 years, I think Cammalleri is deserving of $10M total over those 4 years. You have to take into consideration that his numbers (and skills) will still improve.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 08:57 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think Cammalleri could be as good as Martin St. Louis. I've always been supportive of him and couldn't believe the number of people who wanted to see him dealt over the past couple of seasons.

With that said, he isn't worth that kind of money, YET. If Lombardi really is trying to get him locked up for 4 years, I think Cammalleri is deserving of $10M total over those 4 years. You have to take into consideration that his numbers (and skills) will still improve.

If it does wind up a 4 year deal, then 3 mill per could eventually look like a bargain.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Osprey

A few weeks ago, I said that I expected him to get $7M over 3 years. Now that we're talking about a 4-year deal and him giving up a year of free agency, I'd say that $10M over 4 years would be suitable. That would be a $2.5M cap hit per year.

Edit: I see that Ziggy and I were thinking along the same lines.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:01 PM
riseandfall9

They were saying that the reason for giving Gleason , Cammaleri and Brown long term deals was to show these players that the organization was commited to them even though it would be better for the cap if they didnt get long term.

Old
07-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Osprey

Quote:
They were saying that the reason for giving Gleason , Cammaleri and Brown long term deals was to show these players that the organization was commited to them even though it would be better for the cap if they didnt get long term.
Also, Gleason and Cammalleri need to be under long-term contracts to encourage them to take ownership of the team and to cement their credibility as leaders to the young players. Despite their relatively young ages, they'll be looked up to by the next wave of youngsters (ex. Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Lewis), but only as much as they're seen as "blessed" by the organization.

Old
07-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

And I think Lombardi is preparing them to become leaders by acquiring players that they could look up to, like Blake, McCauley and Thornton, all respected players who have been leaders on their clubs for years.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If Lombardi really is trying to get him locked up for 4 years, I think Cammalleri is deserving of $10M total over those 4 years. You have to take into consideration that his numbers (and skills) will still improve.
I'm thinking along the same line ... people, Cammalleri had 26 g / 55 pts last year that's better than SAMSONOV / Langenbrunner / Sykora / Bell / Lupul / and our own FROLOV ...
the year before when Frolov got his Big Deal Frolov had 24 g / 48 pts ...
if Cammalleri makes it to arbitration you know he's going to get at least $1.5-2 maybe MORE for THIS YEAR, and then we'd have to re-up and go all over this again next year and he'd get more next year too most likely, I'm thinking 4 year deal structured something similar but if possible cheaper than Frolov's 5 year deal last year should keep Cammalleri happy and in a Kings Uniform for several years, $10-$13 Mil over 4 years sounds like a lot, but it would not be too far out of line considering what other guys w/ similar #'s are making.

Now I know he's been in the NHL a little longer and had slightly better #'s than Cammy's last year, but ... Andy McDonald - 3 year contract $3.3 million per ... you guys don't think Cammalleri could be a better and more valued player than McDonald if given linemates other than Jeremy {oops my skates} Roenick, etc. ?

Everyone keeps underestimating Cammalleri yet he continues to prove everyone wrong time and time again, you want to keep a guy like that on your team if you can.

Last edited by Puck U: 07-19-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 01:56 AM
northernKing

Quote:

I think Cammalleri will get a one yr deal in the PM Bouchard range of $1.9M
If he puts up another solid season then he may get a long term deal of $12M/4 yrs.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 02:55 AM
jeffreyaa

Quote:
I think they were compareing Goals and Points. Rick Nash only had 3 more goals then him.
I think it was a pointless comparison- Nash only played 54 games last season. Plus, look at his history: he shared the league lead in goals w/Jarome Iginla w/41 in the last year of clutch/grab garbage hockey, he's played in an NHL All Star game, and he could be a fixture for Team Canada's entry in international competitions for years to come.

I like Cammy, he gets my vote for unsung hero from last season, and I think he's got huge potential, but let's be serious- the guy's had one good year so far; right now comparing Cammy to Nash is a joke, in my opinion. Let's revisit in a couple years, or at least next season.

jeffreyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 02:59 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
If he puts up another solid season then he may get a long term deal of $12M/4 yrs.
If I were Cammalleri, that's what I'd do, but that's about the last thing that Lombardi wants to do. He wants to lock Cammalleri up for a long time at a low price to save a lot of money in the long run. I'm pretty sure that a multi-year deal will get done.

Old
07-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Mindcircus

He might be worth that money in a few years but yeah, not now.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 09:03 AM
Matt13

Nash played in 56 games and had 31 goals.

Squid played in 80 games and had 26 goals.

They can't be sirius, can they?

Considering when Nash got hurt and the injury itself and the play time to get back in shape....... on healthy full 80 games he probably is going to score 50 goals.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 09:35 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post

i was thinking along those lnes as well... what was it that Daniel Briere made last season, $1.9 million?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Quattro

hell no

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 03:34 PM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
At this point in his career I think $10M for 4 Seasons may be an overpayment. Does one good "contract year" substantiate such an increase? Sure, $2.5 Million might look Vishnovsky-esque in the next couple years, but has he earned that much yet? I would buy a structured increase with incentives to reach $10M. Maybe even $2M a year with $500k in incentives on games played/team performance.

-just bored at work.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbourn View Post
At this point in his career I think $10M for 4 Seasons may be an overpayment. Does one good "contract year" substantiate such an increase? Sure, $2.5 Million might look Vishnovsky-esque in the next couple years, but has he earned that much yet? I would buy a structured increase with incentives to reach $10M. Maybe even $2M a year with $500k in incentives on games played/team performance.

-just bored at work.
it should be no more than a three year - $5.7 million dollar deal.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I agree with most of you, Cammy doesn't deserve a HUGE contract right now, but if he continues to develop the way he has, he will be in a year or two. I really like Cammy, he seems to really love the sport and is a team guy. I don't know if you all remember, but when they had him mic'd up for a few games he was like a freakin' cheerleader on and off the ice. It was awesome to hear. Great guy, one that will mesh well with the group of guys Lombardi has brought in. I could see Cammy becoming a leader a few years down the line.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote