HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Cammy

Old
07-20-2006, 04:55 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
I would be very happy if we got Cammalleri long term for 2.5-3/year.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 05:13 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i was thinking along those lnes as well... what was it that Daniel Briere made last season, $1.9 million?

Yes, $1,938,000 I Think.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 05:18 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Yes, $1,938,000 I Think.

if Cammalleri is expecting more than that, he's on the marijuana.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbourn View Post
At this point in his career I think $10M for 4 Seasons may be an overpayment.
When you're locking up a young player for a year past when he'd, otherwise, become a free agent, the deal is always going to look like it "may be an overpayment." If Cammalleri's 4-year deal doesn't end up looking like it "may be an overpayment," then there's no incentive for Mike to forgo a year of free agency. As I said earlier, if Cammalleri scores a deal for at least 4 years, expect it to be worth more than some of you are comfortable with; that's just how the negotiation game is played.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

It's almost ALWAYS MORE than most people think it's going to be. If Cammalleri's CAP hit comes in under Frolov's I'll be happy, Gleason and Brown's both under Cammalleri's I'll be happy.

In 2-3-4 years a $2 or $3 Mil {or whatever} CAP hit per player of Fro / Cam / Brown / Gleason will give the Kings A LOT of room ... and you'd have to think O'Sully / Kopitar / Boyle might hopefully ALL be in the mix by then too ... all that potential talent at low CAP hits will be extremely valuable whether giving the Kings room to add missing pieces or pull off great trades ... you can't risk waiting another 2 years or so until you have to sign those kids to $5+ mil a year contracts or risk losing them .... do you want Lombardi in Lou's shoes {like with Gomez & Gionta} in a year or two having to decide which of Cammy / Brown / Gleason / etc. to keep because you can't afford to sign all of them ? you do it NOW while you can so you're not forced into that position later.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Captain Ron

It looks like Cammi will easily get $2.5 million in his arbitration case.....especially after the Mike York ruling of $2.85 million......York only had 13 goals and 52 points in 2005-06.......Cammi had 26 goals and 55 points. I see a ruling for Mike somewhere between $2.5 - $3 million.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Which is exactly why a nice 4 year offer at 10-12M would be worth signing him for. He is going to get better as he gets older, and in 4 years he will still be in his prime.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Which is exactly why a nice 4 year offer at 10-12M would be worth signing him for. He is going to get better as he gets older, and in 4 years he will still be in his prime.
If I was Lombardi I would get Mike on the phone ASAP and offer him what you suggested....because if he goes to arbitration he will more than likely get $2.5 - $3 million on a 1 year deal. Then if he has a better year this season (as I expect he will) his demands will go up next off season. Get Cammi locked up now!

Old
07-22-2006, 05:32 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
It looks like Cammi will easily get $2.5 million in his arbitration case.....especially after the Mike York ruling of $2.85 million......York only had 13 goals and 52 points in 2005-06.......Cammi had 26 goals and 55 points. I see a ruling for Mike somewhere between $2.5 - $3 million.

Yes, but York had more than just one good year. Cammalleri was probably compared to guys like PM Bouchard and Ribiero. IMO he will get $1.6-2.0.

Old
07-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Yes, but York had more than just one good year. Cammalleri was probably compared to guys like PM Bouchard and Ribiero. IMO he will get $1.6-2.0.
But Cammi might get to argue that the lockout year would have been comparable to this last season....especially considering he led the AHL in goals.

Old
07-23-2006, 06:27 PM
northernKing

Quote:
But Cammi might get to argue that the lockout year would have been comparable to this last season....especially considering he led the AHL in goals.
True, but if you look at other guys like Brown and Kesler who has solid yrs in the AHL, but struggled last yr, it can be said that only the NHL stats should matter. In other words " Coulda, woulda, shoulda"

Old
07-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
True, but if you look at other guys like Brown and Kesler who has solid yrs in the AHL, but struggled last yr, it can be said that only the NHL stats should matter. In other words " Coulda, woulda, shoulda"
But the thing is Cammi led the Kings in goals last year.....I think that along with leading the AHL in the previuos year could make a pretty convincing argument.

Old
07-23-2006, 06:40 PM
northernKing

Quote:
But the thing is Cammi led the Kings in goals last year.....I think that along with leading the AHL in the previuos year could make a pretty convincing argument.
Not positive but I think only NHL regular season stats are used to give all players an equal playing field. Also with Ryder signing for $2.2M in MTL and having two solid seasons I think my offer is fair on a one yr term.

Old
07-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Not positive but I think only NHL regular season stats are used to give all players an equal playing field. Also with Ryder signing for $2.2M in MTL and having two solid seasons I think my offer is fair on a one yr term.
You are correct about the NHL stats....but since there was a lockout in 2004-05 they may let some of that info filter through. Also Ryder signed a contract before arbitration....so that is probably less than he would have gotten in the actual case. If Cammi signs a 1 year deal it would probably be similar to Ryder's deal....but in a long-term contract he will probably want a little more. So the $2.5 - $3 million figure still stands.

Old
07-23-2006, 06:51 PM
northernKing

Quote:
You are correct about the NHL stats....but since there was a lockout in 2004-05 they may let some of that info filter through. Also Ryder signed a contract before arbitration....so that is probably less than he would have gotten in the actual case. If Cammi signs a 1 year deal it would probably be similar to Ryder's deal....but in a long-term contract he will probably want a little more. So the $2.5 - $3 million figure still stands.
I totally agree that a $11M/4yr deal seems fair. I think starting next season Cammy becomes a consisitent 30 goal man. Any idea when his hearing date is?

Old
07-23-2006, 06:56 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Any idea when his hearing date is?
This coming Friday...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:00 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
I totally agree that a $11M/4yr deal seems fair. I think starting next season Cammy becomes a consisitent 30 goal man. Any idea when his hearing date is?
TSN has a schedule up, FYI.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:02 PM
King Blazer

Briere just got $5-mil....In the 3 seasons prior to this past season, he was basically a 60-point/season guy...

Cammalleri just finished off a 55-pt season playing on lines with just about every player that was in the Kings organization last year. A couple of more 60-point seasons aren't really a stretch for Cammalleri...

Old
07-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Briere just got $5-mil....In the 3 seasons prior to this past season, he was basically a 60-point/season guy...

Cammalleri just finished off a 55-pt season playing on lines with just about every player that was in the Kings organization last year. A couple of more 60-point seasons aren't really a stretch for Cammalleri...
BUT, if you're going to bring up Briere's 60 point seasons, they were in the old NHL. He's a 100 point guy in the new NHL. Cammalleri is only a 55 point guy in the new NHL if you look at it that way.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:37 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
BUT, if you're going to bring up Briere's 60 point seasons, they were in the old NHL. He's a 100 point guy in the new NHL. Cammalleri is only a 55 point guy in the new NHL if you look at it that way.
Cammy has yet to hit his full potential, however.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Cammy has yet to hit his full potential, however.
And who's to say that Briere has hit his? After all he's still in the prime of his career.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:56 PM
ILuvLA

If Avery got 1.1, who knows what they will bestow upon Cammy. I don't think that either Briere or Cammy have hit their potential.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 06:05 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Fair enough, however, look at who Cammalleri played with and where he played this past season:

The "wee three Kings line"?
On the point on the PP...
On the wing on the PP...
At the pivot for face-offs then switched back to wing after the draw...
With Roencik and Luc...
With Armstrong and Luc...

I think you get what I'm saying. He didn't spend a whole lot of time playing with top-6 linemates that were playing like top-6 players...

Granted, he did see considerable time on the PP and scored a fair amount of his goals on the PP. I expect that will continue into this season and hopefully he'll be more productive in full-strength situations. I do think an upgrade in linemates will help...

Last edited by King Blazer: 07-24-2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old
07-26-2006, 01:51 PM
phillyflyer

cammy

I always thought Cammy should have played more minutes last year, and that he was first line material.

This year with Demitra gone, Cammy will be on the first line and deservingly so. I am expecting big numbers from him....

phillyflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyer View Post
I always thought Cammy should have played more minutes last year, and that he was first line material.

This year with Demitra gone, Cammy will be on the first line and deservingly so. I am expecting big numbers from him....
I know Andy Murray and Cammy had there share of disagreements, i always felt he played more physical and aggresive when Murray was coach than when he got fired. He played with an urgency that he might be scratched and I hope that carries over to Crawford. I remember one game, Cammy threw a check at a guy much bigger, stole the puck, and made an amazing pass that resulted in a goal. Cammy two years ago or Cammy in the AHL would have never done that.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote