HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

San Jose / Detroit Proposal - Nabokov to Motor City.

Old
07-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
San Jose / Detroit Proposal - Nabokov to Motor City.

Once more into the breach. Done so many proposals by now, I've seen the highs and the lows of reviews. I am one of those posters that actually makes a few of these, rather than just criticizing them all day. *coughs at a few of you*

To San Jose: Jason Williams & a 2nd round pick (or equivilent prospect)

To Detroit: Nabokov

Logic:

- Detroit picks up a goaltender they desperatly need. They do not trade with Regeir which is always good, and Giguere is fools gold, plus trading with Burke again usually leaves you feeling wanting. At least Murray isn't afraid to pull the trigger.

- San Jose gets another scoring winger they really do need. If San Jose has any sore spots, one would have to be scoring wingers. They are a tremendous team up the middle, but they need something else. Williams gives them a young scorer who looks like he's broken into some pretty good territory. He is also very creative as a player, which I think would fit in well with San Jose.

- 1st round pick or equivilent prospect (remember, this is Detroit's pick we're talking about) is merely to satisfy the market. Detroit is one of the last teams needing a goaltender and the teams with them to trade know it, they have to expect to pay a good amount here either way. Not only that, but San Jose, like Anaheim too would be, playing the Wings the same amount here, so either team is likely going to extract a little more pain from Detroit.

- Detroit has to get a goalie, and Nabokov probobly is the best and most proven man available here. Though he notably has his downsides, and his cost is pretty high, he does give Detroit some immediate credibility between the pipes which they have been lacking in a few years. This is a good price to pay, but you make the deal anyways.

- Given potential money problems in this deal, I propose one could simply flip Lang off to make up for any problems that may exist here. Again, San Jose's salary loss here is a boon for them and a detriment to making this deal, but once more, I feel strongly Detroit must pay here.

Alright, let's here it. I can take it.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Hemsky is a gangsta
Hemsky is a gangsta

San Jose has Ekman, Bell, Bernier, Michalek, and Cheechoo with Setoguchi and Kaspar coming up. I don't think they need any scoring wingers.

Hemsky is a gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:41 PM
JonathanK81

Anybody who thinks that SJ needs a scoring winger doesn't know SJ. I watched almost every game on TV or in person last season, we do NOT need a scoring winger (after getting Mark Bell) that is. Obviously exceptions can be made, say for a Marek Svatos hehe, but beyond that, it's either a good defenseman or picks/prospects.

JonathanK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:42 PM
phillypensfan

Send a message via ICQ to phillypensfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by peca37 View Post
San Jose has Ekman, Bell, Bernier, Michalek, and Cheechoo with Setoguchi and Kaspar coming up. I don't think they need any scoring wingers.
Don't have Ekman any longer,he is now a Pen.

phillypensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:46 PM
DTownWingsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson View Post
Once more into the breach. Done so many proposals by now, I've seen the highs and the lows of reviews. I am one of those posters that actually makes a few of these, rather than just criticizing them all day. *coughs at a few of you*

To San Jose: Jason Williams & a 2nd round pick (or equivilent prospect)

To Detroit: Nabokov

Logic:

- Detroit picks up a goaltender they desperatly need. They do not trade with Regeir which is always good, and Giguere is fools gold, plus trading with Burke again usually leaves you feeling wanting. At least Murray isn't afraid to pull the trigger.

- San Jose gets another scoring winger they really do need. If San Jose has any sore spots, one would have to be scoring wingers. They are a tremendous team up the middle, but they need something else. Williams gives them a young scorer who looks like he's broken into some pretty good territory. He is also very creative as a player, which I think would fit in well with San Jose.

- 1st round pick or equivilent prospect (remember, this is Detroit's pick we're talking about) is merely to satisfy the market. Detroit is one of the last teams needing a goaltender and the teams with them to trade know it, they have to expect to pay a good amount here either way. Not only that, but San Jose, like Anaheim too would be, playing the Wings the same amount here, so either team is likely going to extract a little more pain from Detroit.

- Detroit has to get a goalie, and Nabokov probobly is the best and most proven man available here. Though he notably has his downsides, and his cost is pretty high, he does give Detroit some immediate credibility between the pipes which they have been lacking in a few years. This is a good price to pay, but you make the deal anyways.

- Given potential money problems in this deal, I propose one could simply flip Lang off to make up for any problems that may exist here. Again, San Jose's salary loss here is a boon for them and a detriment to making this deal, but once more, I feel strongly Detroit must pay here.

Alright, let's here it. I can take it.
Detroit will not take Nabokov,his contract being the main reason why. He is going to make too much,and for too many years left and Holland does not want to give out(or in this case) take on a contract with multiple years left. As for giving them credibility between the pipes,what makes you think that? Not like Nabokov has done anything remarkable to say that he would bring credibility that the Wings have lacked.

DTownWingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:50 PM
sabresrat

Not a bad deal, but I don't think Detroit would be able to take on Nabokov's salary.

That package would probably work for any goaltender on the market.

sabresrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 06:56 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresrat View Post
Not a bad deal, but I don't think Detroit would be able to take on Nabokov's salary.

That package would probably work for any goaltender on the market.
Able? Very.

Willing? No.

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:18 PM
burgess1978

What about Schneider + 2nd (2007) + 3rd (2008)

IMHO Schneider has less trade value than Williams (reason for 2 picks) but fills a temporary need (Schneider off contract 2007) for San Jose while moving some salary off the Detroit roster so they can afford Nabby.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:19 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
What about Schneider + 2nd (2007) + 3rd (2008)

IMHO Schneider has less trade value than Williams (reason for 2 picks) but fills a temporary need (Schneider off contract 2007) for San Jose while moving some salary off the Detroit roster so they can afford Nabby.
No amount of cap space is going to make Nabokov's contract any more attractive. We HAVE the space. Just don't want to use it on Evgeny.

Old
07-20-2006, 08:21 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
No amount of cap space is going to make Nabokov's contract any more attractive. We HAVE the space. Just don't want to use it on Evgeny.
Yeah - I just read the other Detroit post about Schneider not being moved too. Ignore my proposal.

Which Goalie you you want?

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:24 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

You liked this proposal so much that you had to start two identical threads???

kdb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:35 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
Which Goalie you you want?
Osgood and Liv. We have them. Let's use them.

Old
07-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick View Post
Osgood and Liv. We have them. Let's use them.
If you're wrong, and Osgood falters, and Liv can't be a #1 keeper that can take them far in the regular season ...

The prices are only going up from here.

It might cost the Wings Datsyuk to get a player like Nabokov mid-season.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

The Sharks, IMO, will end up holding on to Nabokov/Toskala till mid-season, when teams really know what they need. Detroit, or at least a few Detroit fans, seem to feel confident with their goaltending duo of Howard/Osgood, we'll see how they feel in January. The same goes for Tampa Bay or Florida with Denis and Auld. Dwayne Roloson went for a 1st round pick at last year's deadline, Nabokov could fetch more than that if there's a team like the 2006 Oilers out there at the 2007 deadline.

San Jose wouldn't want Datsyuk anyway.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
If you're wrong, and Osgood falters, and Liv can't be a #1 keeper that can take them far in the regular season ...

What if Toskala is playing amazing hockey, and Nabby's only appeared in 5-10games? Datsyuk is pushing it IMO,

07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
sparr0w

Quote:

Osgood was injured early in training camp and really really inconsistent in trying to get back into game shape playing once every two weeks or so and he still put up a 20-6-5 record. If he stays healthy and steady Detroit will be more than fine. They might not be playoff prepared but the Wings are still an elite regular season team.

Old
07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
pass

ty

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:

oe you see detroit with a top 5 draft pick in a good draft...

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Cyclops II*

Quote:

As Rohan said, the Sharks would have absolutely no interest in Datsyuk. Nabokov's contract is more reasonable than Datsyuk. 3.9 m for a center who disappears in the playoffs. Sharks already have 11 mil - 12 mil sunk in Thornton and Marleau. Thornton hasn't had a really good post season performance yet himself so hopefully if they added another center it would be someone who has had playoff success.

Cyclops II* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 09:24 PM
ShippinItDaily

Send a message via MSN to ShippinItDaily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II View Post
Nabokov's contract is more reasonable than Datsyuk.
Please.... Let's get serious.

P.s. (Don't know why I have posted in both of these identical threads)

ShippinItDaily is offline   Reply With Quote