HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what about allison

Old
07-20-2006, 06:04 PM
tatoo

vCash: 500
what about allison

i don't think it would cost all that much to sign him.he put up good numbers with the laughs last year.he is not the greatest skater,but a nice playmaker.he was good on the powerplay as well.i think that tallon is in the mix for gomez,if that doesn't happen,i would be content with allison.

tatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 07:03 PM
salty justice

You will be flamed for suggesting an old injury prone "band aid" but Id say if we cant get anyone else better for the top line center he certainly couldnt hurt us.

He would probably sign for around $2mil and we would then have the most injury prone first line in the league Havlat - Allison - Ruutu.

Bottom line is that this team needs atleast 1 top 6 center, but really 2. If there arent any other options then grab Allison.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 07:51 PM
thebigstubbs*

to injury prone and the leafs could not dump him quick enough

thebigstubbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 07:55 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

he is too slow for the new NHL

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
salty justice

He would have led the Hawks in scoring last year even though he only played 66 games.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:56 PM
ThisInsecureMoron

I'd think it is worth a shot.

He's only slow in his acceleration. his top speed isn't as bad as hf-boarders suggest.

But he's a center anyway... no need to be that quick. He's probably top-5 behind the net - in the entire league, I kid you not. He has an insanely good ability to keep possession behind the net and down low. Not to mention his playmaking skills... 60 points on a not so good offensive team last year (imo) in 66 games ... is still good. He did exactly what I expected him last year and he's good for another 60 points at least. His ceiling is around 90 points. In the right atmosphere and the ice time he wants (around 19-20) and with the right scoring winger (Ruutu, not Havlat) he could achieve that.

A few if's there but have faith yeah. I don't think he'll sign in Chicago though. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

ThisInsecureMoron is offline   Reply With Quote