Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Camp

Old
08-02-2006, 12:12 AM
nuckfan insk

vCash: 500
if pouliot earns a sport in camp then so be it, let the cards play out (much like i am waitin to see with bourdon)
not to change the topic but is there any report or info on aj thelen and how he is doing ?

Last edited by nuckfan insk: 08-09-2006 at 12:51 AM.
nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 12:32 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

The papers, when I was up there, was hinting that a 8th defenseman is more than likely than an extra winger.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 09:04 AM
MuckandGrind

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
The papers, when I was up there, was hinting that a 8th defenseman is more than likely than an extra winger.
Yeah, I've read the same thing from Brian Murphy. That's his opinion, he never mentioned a source. I think he's wrong.

I think the Wild will/should carry 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies to fill their roster out.

MuckandGrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2006, 05:12 PM
bcimright

a year in the ahl never hurt anyone and it won't hurt pouliot if he ends up there next season. I hope he doesn't get put on the wild roster before he should be. it is possible that placing him there might be a disservice to his development. you always run that chance with prospects. i just hope DR is smart about it.

bcimright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
ceber

Well, I sure was expecting more team hype of this event. Kevin Falness can only do so much with the podcasts... it's too bad they didn't provide any visual media on the website. I guess we just have to wait to see who gets to go to the Traverse City tournament and hope to get some decent coverage out of that. In the past other teams have done a pretty good job recapping those games, so hopefully we can turn to one of them for our info.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2006, 06:37 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Personally I can't wait for the Traverse City tournament. We have some good players on the roster that I know will be there (Irmen, Voloshenko, Westblom) and they'll be able to show off their skills. I'm pulling for Voloshenko or Reitz to make the team.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 10:36 AM
HoustonHockeyNut

Today's edition of the Houston Aeros SummerScribes it hoping for a Pouliot-Voloshenko line in Houston next season. I expect to see at least one of those guys in the A next year, but I don't know if we'll get to see [I]both[I] of 'em.

HoustonHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:50 AM
DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckandGrind View Post
Yeah, I've read the same thing from Brian Murphy. That's his opinion, he never mentioned a source. I think he's wrong.

I think the Wild will/should carry 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies to fill their roster out.

They Wild have had 8 d-men to the start of the season before. Just last season and others as well. Personally, I would prefer 7 but I definitely won't be surprised if JL keeps 8 d-men for the start of the season.

DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Big Daddy

Any thoughts on Paul Albers? How did he look with and without the puck? Did he lose any battles around the net or along the boards?

Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Whawks33

Does anyone know if Kyle Bailey was there and if he actually played? His health status after that ankle injury seems to be a mystery at the moment

Whawks33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 04:00 PM
ceber

Bailey was supposed to be there. Unfortunately, since the team doesn't think anyone's interested in... the team, I guess... we have zero information beyond who was there and a couple of brief comments about the "notable" prospects (first rounders and kids with a local connection).

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

its fukking bogus how little information/press there was surrounding the camp in the local fish wraps...

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
its fukking bogus how little information/press there was surrounding the camp in the local fish wraps...
There are a lot of things this organization does right, but PR is not one of them. It just boggles my mind sometimes how clueless these guys are about staying connected with their fans.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
There are a lot of things this organization does right, but PR is not one of them. It just boggles my mind sometimes how clueless these guys are about staying connected with their fans.
Agreed - prospects are hands off, or rather eyes off for the fans. Look at the throngs of fans who watch the viqueens practice in hundred degree heat - let us watch the prospects dammit!

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote