HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weimer on Waivers..

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 12:48 PM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Weimer on Waivers..

I realize we're all pining for more youth in the lineup, but I friggin love Weimer's game..

There is enough grit on the team as is, but grab him now and figure it out later (as in trade someone else)..

Any interest in a very good team guy, a tough sob and one who would love to rub it in the Isles face??

Might temporarily cost Moore a spot for now (which of course wouldn't be my choice) but I say grab him if they can..

Old
11-11-2003, 12:51 PM
barnaby63

i would love to have him but i think he will be claimed before we get the chance.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:51 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
I realize we're all pining for more youth in the lineup, but I friggin love Weimer's game..

There is enough grit on the team as is, but grab him now and figure it out later (as in trade someone else)..

Any interest in a very good team guy, a tough sob and one who would love to rub it in the Isles face??

Might temporarily cost Moore a spot for now (which of course wouldn't be my choice) but I say grab him if they can..

Just a thought...Your starting lineup for the New York Rangers number 88 RW Eric Lindros, number 16 Bobby Holik, number ? LW Jason Wiemer, that would be one nasty line. If Sather was smart, he would claim Wiemer and either waive Hlavac or LaCouture.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:58 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Just a thought...Your starting lineup for the New York Rangers number 88 RW Eric Lindros, number 16 Bobby Holik, number ? LW Jason Wiemer, that would be one nasty line. If Sather was smart, he would claim Wiemer and either waive Hlavac or LaCouture.
That brings up a good point..

I have been a big proponent of Lindros on the wing, but I agree with the opinion that Holik should be the shut down center, and Lindros should not be on his right..

Wiemer can play a damn good center, so send him out with E on the right and Moore or Lundmark on the left..

Moore Nedved Kovalev

Lundmark Wiemer Lindros

Ruchinsky Holik Carter

Simon Messier Barnaby

Having Hlavac and LaCouture around for depth wouldn;t be the worst thing in the world..

Old
11-11-2003, 01:34 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:

I have been a big proponent of Lindros on the wing, but I agree with the opinion that Holik should be the shut down center, and Lindros should not be on his right..

Wiemer can play a damn good center, so send him out with E on the right and Moore or Lundmark on the left..

Moore Nedved Kovalev

Lundmark Wiemer Lindros

Ruchinsky Holik Carter

Simon Messier Barnaby

Having Hlavac and LaCouture around for depth wouldn;t be the worst thing in the world..

Lets not count our Wiemers before they hatch, well since Wiemer would be a good fit for our team, I doubt we will get him. Sather never does anything that either than fans want and he never does anything that makes sense.

Old
11-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:

Moore Nedved Kovalev

Lundmark Wiemer Lindros

Ruchinsky Holik Carter

Simon Messier Barnaby

I think that Wiemer, should he make it to us and actually be claimed by Sather, is just screaming to be placed on Holik's left. He's big, mean, and good defensively, but doesn't have much in the way of offensive ability. Holik with Wiemer and pretty much anyone on RW could be a dominant checking line. I'd waive Hlavac or Rucinsky in a second to grab Wiemer.

Old
11-11-2003, 02:11 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
I have a question. What is wrong with Wiemer that they put him on waivers?
$

I would put a claim and dump Lacouture.

Old
11-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Barnaby

I think we all know Sather will just send down Moore... which means Moore had better prove himself tomorrow because if Wiemer comes here then Moore will be back wit da pack.

I would just run Dale or Hlavac through waivers... I like Dale but he's pretty useless if he's not fighting.

Old
11-11-2003, 02:27 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I think we all know Sather will just send down Moore... which means Moore had better prove himself tomorrow because if Wiemer comes here then Moore will be back wit da pack.

I would just run Dale or Hlavac through waivers... I like Dale but he's pretty useless if he's not fighting.
is moore playing 20 minutes a game in hartford for a season that much worse than playing 10 minutes a game?

Old
11-11-2003, 02:29 PM
NYR469

Quote:
i've heard 3 reasons and none have anything to do with his play

1)$$, the isles want to dump his salary

2)wiemer doesn't get along with peca or yashin so given the lockerroom problems they had last year they just want to get rid of him before the problem starts

3)a bunch of their younger guys like trent hunter have made wiemer expendable

Old
11-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
is moore playing 20 minutes a game in hartford for a season that much worse than playing 10 minutes a game?
I think so. If he can have a regular shift with the Rangers then I think his game will adapt to the NHL level quicker then it would with Hartford. I also think his enthusiasm can have a posotive influence. Why send him down just to keep Dale, Hlavac, or D-Lac. None of those guys are particularly good at anything useful.

Old
11-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
i've heard 3 reasons and none have anything to do with his play

1)$$, the isles want to dump his salary

2)wiemer doesn't get along with peca or yashin so given the lockerroom problems they had last year they just want to get rid of him before the problem starts

3)a bunch of their younger guys like trent hunter have made wiemer expendable
In that order, too.

$$$$ is the overiding factor. Supposedly, Yashin and Peca weren't fans of his (shades of Messier/Nedved, circa 1995 :p ). Plus some kids are playing well. Way too premature to render verdict on Hunter, Bergenheim, etc., but they are thrifty shoppers out on Long Island.

Old
11-12-2003, 04:40 AM
tors10

sather said he did put a claim, but when will we know which team actually got him?

iŽd love to have him in on the rangers roster...

Old
11-12-2003, 04:47 AM
JR#9*

Trotts---being you've watched him since he came the Isles how do you think he'd fit in on the Rangers if we were able to land him???

And what do you think of a checking line that had him and Holik???

Old
11-12-2003, 05:32 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tors10
sather said he did put a claim, but when will we know which team actually got him?
Where'd you see this?

I'd like to her Sather tell us why we didn't need Petro, but we do need Weimer.

Side note, Petro adds a goal and assist last night. He'd be 2nd on the team in goals, 3rd in points on the Rangers. :mad:

Old
11-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Not any defense of Sather, but I think Wiemer's twice the player Petro is..

Slight exxageration maybe, but I'm just a big fan of his game..

Old
11-12-2003, 06:09 AM
JR#9*

I also miss Petro's energy as well and it's good to see him do well in Atlanta.

And I'm also a fan of Wiemer's game as well.Not great hands but he's a bull and plays a tough game that could be a nice addition to a line with Holik.

Bump Rosie and put out a checking line of Wiemer-Holik-Carter and that would be a very solid 3rd line if you ask me.

He'll likely be gone before we can nab him however.

Old
11-12-2003, 06:36 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Where'd you see this?
it was mentioned in the ny times this morning

Old
11-12-2003, 07:05 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:

Apaarently one of Weimer's downfalls is that he not only isn't a good "team guy", but a clubhouse lawyer, that has caused problems in various lockerrooms before. It's one of the reasons, why he's oing to be headed to his 5th NHL team before his 28th birthday.

Buffaloed had some more info and links in one of the posts about Wiemer on the trade boards.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:23 AM
barnaby63

Quote:
Where'd you see this?

Side note, Petro adds a goal and assist last night. He'd be 2nd on the team in goals, 3rd in points on the Rangers. :mad:
weimer is very good defensivly while petro wasnt very good. petro is a nice energy player for the 4th line and gaining some shifts on the 3rd, but i take weimer over him anyday of the week.

and remember how petro started hot with us last year? how did he finish the season? lets see a full season of what he(and zidlicky) is doing before we start the crying that we shouldve never let them go.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
The Isles have some youth that outplays their vets...

Old
11-12-2003, 07:39 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
The Isles have some youth that outplays their vets...

Interesting concept

Old
11-12-2003, 07:40 AM
ap215

He is a good defensive player so i wouldn't mind seeing him play for the rangers.

Old
11-12-2003, 07:51 AM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Interesting concept
Don't complain. We've had youth outplaying vets every year. It's just the fact that they get ignored here because salaries speak volumes. Ignorance is a bliss

Old
11-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
weimer is very good defensivly while petro wasnt very good. petro is a nice energy player for the 4th line and gaining some shifts on the 3rd, but i take weimer over him anyday of the week.

and remember how petro started hot with us last year? how did he finish the season? lets see a full season of what he(and zidlicky) is doing before we start the crying that we shouldve never let them go.
We're still talking about 3rd/4th liners that are brought in solely as aggitators, energy guys, role players, whatever. I agree that Weimer is a more skilled player, but either would have the same role on any given team. Your comment about Petro seems to imply that Weimer is somehow the model of consistency. Let's not get carried away with his potential contribution to any team.

Again, my question is not which would you rather have, rather, why is there room for this type of player today, but not at the time of the waiver draft, or at the time Keefe was wiaved?

Closed Thread