HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there one more BIG move coming?

Old
07-21-2006, 09:49 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
I dont think there is a need for another "BIG" move. Other than NOT signing Rucinsky and Sykora, I would only like to see them lock up Toots and possibly keep Strudwick around. I wouldn't mind seeing Hossa dealt, but only for prospects or like a 6th dman/slight upgrade from Struds. Other than that, no room.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 10:05 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Rozsival in a package for Jackman or Brewer. You heard it here first.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 10:20 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I dont think Sather is done yet. There are a 7 players unsigned...with (in my mind) the exception of Hall and Tyutin, anyone of them could be moved. Plenty out there that are arbitrationary. Theyll be a lot of movement the next few weeks. It wouldnt be out of the realm of possibility that another move will be made, possibly bringing in a top-line/top d-pairing guy. Don't ask me who or how i just think with about 6 mil left theres that room to do something. The way things have been falling together I can see one more move... even if to justify why they increased ticket prices after such a quick playoff exit and a lockout to boot.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 10:26 AM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Rozsival in a package for Jackman or Brewer. You heard it here first.
The fact that his +/- was so high from always playing with Jagr actually does add to his trade value.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 10:31 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I dont think Sather is done yet. There are a 7 players unsigned...with (in my mind) the exception of Hall and Tyutin, anyone of them could be moved. Plenty out there that are arbitrationary. Theyll be a lot of movement the next few weeks. It wouldnt be out of the realm of possibility that another move will be made, possibly bringing in a top-line/top d-pairing guy. Don't ask me who or how i just think with about 6 mil left theres that room to do something. The way things have been falling together I can see one more move... even if to justify why they increased ticket prices after such a quick playoff exit and a lockout to boot.

I think that Hall and Tyutin could be moved. At least, I don't see how they're untouchable.

07-21-2006, 10:43 AM
In The Flesh

NO MORE MOVES!, PLEASE. Tytuin is still young why give up on him now.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I think that Hall and Tyutin could be moved. At least, I don't see how they're untouchable.
they could be moved, sure... so could Prucha but i think they both fit well with the team and from what I think they stay, doesnt mean "untouchable" because i think if there was deal for say Kovalchuk the only one id think untouchable is Lundqvist. I was just suggesting that the others are more likely to be dealt. But hey i could be totally off on that.

Depends on the deal.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:01 PM
McDonagh27

Willing to move Tyutin? Yes, lets trade away our only sure-fire future #1 or 2 d-man.. IMO, the Rangers need to sign him to a multiyear deal before his value skyrockets. It's only a matter of time.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Fletch

If Tyutin gets packaged..

for a Brewer, or even a Jackman, then he could be traded and hopefully the person they trade for will fit well.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
94now

2nd line RW is a big hole as of now. Replacement for Sykora is nowhere near, I mean Hall is barely replacement for Moore. My prediction Hall will end the season in Hartford. He might be there after training camp. There is no one to step into Sykora shoes. Unless it is.... Sykora.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
Willing to move Tyutin? Yes, lets trade away our only sure-fire future #1 or 2 d-man.. IMO, the Rangers need to sign him to a multiyear deal before his value skyrockets. It's only a matter of time.
I'll just say that you're a lot more confident of his development and his upside than are a lot of people.

Potted Plant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:46 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
2nd line RW is a big hole as of now. Replacement for Sykora is nowhere near, I mean Hall is barely replacement for Moore. My prediction Hall will end the season in Hartford. He might be there after training camp. There is no one to step into Sykora shoes. Unless it is.... Sykora.
????

You put Hall in as 2nd-line RW yourself a few days ago!

I still think that Hall is an upgrade on Moore, even though he's a bit of a stretch as a 2nd-line player right now. I hope Edge is right and he'll grow into a real top-6 player.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:03 PM
TorontoSports

I think sather has something up his sleeve.

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:14 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie View Post
I'll just say that you're a lot more confident of his development and his upside than are a lot of people.
I am. He has room to grow, but lets face it... At 22, if he continues to improve on his already solid game, by 26 he'll be logging 30 min a game and be a force. The pessimism shown by some towards Fedor bothers me a bit.

Old
07-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandRanger View Post
I think sather has something up his sleeve.
I think you're right. I really do think something is up with this Hall situation. We have heard NOTHING from Rangers spokespeople about this acquisition. NOTHING. Think about it. After every trade or every signing, there's always some fluff interview or news conference about how excited they are to get the player and how they think he's exactly what the team needed, etc. You get this even with acquisitions much more minor than Hall's. With Hall, it's getting on to 48 hours since the trade and we've heard ZERO.

Potted Plant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Chief

Quote:
...or Prucha.

It's very easy to pencil in a top line of Shanahan-Nylander-Jagr and a 2nd line of Straka-Cullen-Prucha (with either Straka or Cullen at C and LW)...then have the rest fight it out for the bottom 6 spots.

There don't seem to be many available "big" names out there. Sure, Briere "could" become available (although I think it unlikely that Buffalo doesn't hold onto him). Gomez could become available but I don't expect to see a Ranger/Devils trade anytime soon. If you're expecting a "big" move, don't hold your breath.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:16 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
????

You put Hall in as 2nd-line RW yourself a few days ago!

I still think that Hall is an upgrade on Moore, even though he's a bit of a stretch as a 2nd-line player right now. I hope Edge is right and he'll grow into a real top-6 player.
I think Hall was worth Dom just for the simple fact of what he could turn out to be... Hall's ceiling is way higher than Dom's... He could become a good 20 to 25 goal scoring Power Foward... Hall's basement is Dom's ceiling IMO (3rd/4th liner)

Old
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Chief

Quote:
I think you're right. I really do think something is up with this Hall situation. We have heard NOTHING from Rangers spokespeople about this acquisition. NOTHING. Think about it. After every trade or every signing, there's always some fluff interview or news conference about how excited they are to get the player and how they think he's exactly what the team needed, etc. You get this even with acquisitions much more minor than Hall's. With Hall, it's getting on to 48 hours since the trade and we've heard ZERO.

Maybe they'd rather wait until he is either signed to a contract or his case has gone to arbitration .

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:37 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:

I never thought of that, that is strange. I like Hall on the team, but most likely Sather thinks otherwise. It will be interesting to see what happens.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Hall is waiver eligible, some team would take him before he ever got the bus.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Fletch

Pessimism...

towards Tyutin shouldn't bother you. Some people have their opinion of Tyutin that differs from your's. Things like that happen. I'm sure Tyutin's not the only 21-23 year old defenseman who many are negative on. I know you'd say he's young, but as we know, there are many defensemen out there who are young that people aren't high on (heck, Mottau just came out of college, was 22, and many didn't think much of him either). I'm on the fence personally.

And I don't think there's much to say about Hall from Rangers management. The Rangers acquired a guy that was being shopped frmo one club for a guy who didn't have a roster spot on another. There's not much to say.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:37 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Mottau just came out of college, was 22, and many didn't think much of him either).
Oh, for the love of... don't make THAT comparison! What're you trying to do, curse the kid?

Besides, our current Mike Mottau clone is Tomas Pock.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 03:04 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
I think Toews is out of the question, the Blackhawks don't have a legit number one center prospect except for him
I would deal Tyutin, Prucha, Hall, and a pick for Barker and Toews.

Barker is an upgrade over Tyutin, and Toews is the center we need. We have depth on the wings, and if needed we could sign Hossa and move him to 2nd line, or have Dawes come up and play.

We've got flexibility.

Then again, this is just wishful thinking on my part.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 03:07 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
That's what I was going to say. I've been looking everywhere for an interview with Maloney or Slats, or something Sportsdesk about the Hall trade, and I've found nothing. I don't know what's going on, but something's not right. He could end up being dealt if you ask me.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I still think the Rangers are going to get Alfredson before opening night. It's my opinion and i'm not going to propose a trade (fear of being flamed) but that's my guy feeling. Sather and Maloney seem to have a plan and they are sticking to it. If a BIG move fits what's going on here they will make it.

The Rangers have a lot of time to lock up the players they need to resign..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote