HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Semenov is in tonight

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Spearing47

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Semenov is in tonight

Semenov has been ''recalled'' and he's in the lineup tonight.
The reasons are simple, 2 games in 2 nights 2 big teams and he was out for a while.

Bergy is out but he's gonna be back against Minnesota on Thursday.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:06 AM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
The reasons are simple, 2 games in 2 nights 2 big teams and he was out for a while.

I am tired of seeing Bergeron sitting every 3rd game or so. Why don't they ever sit Ferguson, that guy is worse then Bergeron. Bergeron should be playing every game. He helps out a great deal on the PP. Ferguson shouldn't be on this team.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:13 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
I am tired of seeing Bergeron sitting every 3rd game or so. Why don't they ever sit Ferguson, that guy is worse then Bergeron. Bergeron should be playing every game. He helps out a great deal on the PP. Ferguson shouldn't be on this team.
The Oilers already have 9 guys with less than 2 years NHL experience in the lineup (Hemsky, Torres, Chimera, Salmo, Sarno, Semenov, Stoll, Pisani and Conklin)... I think a little veteran presence is needed, especially with some of the weapons the B's have.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:15 AM
edmontonoilers89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
What's with all the hating towards Ferguson? I understand if he wasn't performing then you take him out, but he's tied for tops with +/- for D-men on the Oilers.

I really like Bergeron, but he came in to help the powerplay, and he hasn't really helped that much at all.

I mean, yes, you have to rotate the players in and out of the lineup, but why do you take out Ferguson?

Old
11-11-2003, 11:39 AM
copperaddict

Fergie should sit out because he is worse then Semenov or Bergeron. Plain and simple! It's not as bad as Horcoff causing us to be shorthanded for 20 minutes a night and that's not counting the stupid penalties he takes.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:44 AM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63

Not a bad move. With Isbister and Laraque out the Oilers seemed a bit undersized against NYR.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Mr Sakich

it is never a bad idea to sit a rookie every now and then. They are playing at a level that is more physically demanding than they have ever experienced and it takes some adjusting. The last thing I want to see is a rookie making mistakes caused by exhaustion. They make enough anyways.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Walsher

Can someone tell me why the Oilers sent down Semenov? Did they have to make room on the roster for Valiquette? They must have not had Reasoner, Isbister, Laraque or Salo on the injured reserve list and had to make room for Valiquette. Otherwise the transaction of sening Semenov down only to recall him the next day doesn't make sense.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:01 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
Fergie should sit out because he is worse then Semenov or Bergeron. Plain and simple! It's not as bad as Horcoff causing us to be shorthanded for 20 minutes a night and that's not counting the stupid penalties he takes.
Define worse...

Ferguson may have a tougher time scoring than Bud Bundy, but he also doesn't fool around with the puck.

If Bergeron can start to limit his giveaways (maybe drop them from say 10 a game to a respectable 2 or 3), then maybe Fergie gets a permanent bump from the lineup.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:06 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Can someone tell me why the Oilers sent down Semenov? Did they have to make room on the roster for Valiquette? They must have not had Reasoner, Isbister, Laraque or Salo on the injured reserve list and had to make room for Valiquette. Otherwise the transaction of sening Semenov down only to recall him the next day doesn't make sense.
Stoll came off the IR, and therefore counted against the 23 man roster, and no one else had been put on yet, meaning the Oilers had to drop someone. Now that Izzy is on the IR, they are okay again, and Semenov is back in.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:08 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Ferguson maybe have a tougher time scoring than Bud Bundy
What an obscure reference I like it

Old
11-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Stoll came off the IR, and therefore counted against the 23 man roster, and no one else had been put on yet, meaning the Oilers had to drop someone. Now that Izzy is on the IR, they are okay again, and Semenov is back in.
Thats what I figured - thanks.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:50 PM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaddict
In defense of Ferguson he does not give the puck away as much as Bergeron. He is very solid back there and can clear the front. Bergeron is quicker and better offensively but against the Bruins we need some one who can get the job done in front of the net.

Old
11-11-2003, 01:28 PM
barto

Agreed - Bergie hasn't shown me that he's ready for a full-time spot in the lineup just yet. Sitting out a game here or there isn't going to hurt his development, and might even help get a different perspective. I like many of the things he brings to the table, but at the beginning of the year I didn't expect him to be in the lineup every game, either.

We'll see if Semenov can step up his game to force the coaches to keep him in the lineup!

Bart

Old
11-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
3 things

1) Bergy is out only because it's 2 games in 2 nights and because Semi hasn't played in a long time.

2) It was already decided because it was the Rangers and the Bruins 2 nights in a row...perfect timing

3) Berg is gonna be in the lineup on thursday @ Minnesota because the coaches are happy with his play.

Those were the reasons behind the move.

I predict 3-1 OIlers victory

Solid game by Conkiln

Closed Thread