HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - WeAk DaY ThReAd : Talk about the day you met a player other than a Hab !

Old
07-21-2006, 12:00 PM
BORAT

vCash: 500
OT - WeAk DaY ThReAd : Talk about the day you met a player other than a Hab !

Yeah so now that you guys have been talking about X-Boxes and Ribeiro threads I thought about talking about meeting a Hockey player WhO wasn't a Hab

I remember meeting Martin Lapointe a couple of times, he looked like Julian from the trailer park boys and I sware I was convinced it was the actor ...

except for the glass of rhum ...

so anyways he was talking to a good friend of mine at the Ogilvy hair dressing salon ( my wife was getting her color done )

he looked so much like Julian it was damn confusing

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:19 PM
HabsUnited

Hmmm...well I saw M-A Fleury at the Super Aqua Club last summer and his girlfriend was smokin' hot. It's good to be rich!

HabsUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Well, we went to the hotel where the Devils were going to be arriving at and all the players came in and I was too shy to go up to any of them except in the end I went up to Marty Brodeur and he signed my jersey and took a picture with me. Keep note that I was a mere 10 year old boy at the time

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Talent Analyst

I talk to ... NO ONE !!!

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Ford Prefect

I met Wayne Gretzky in Toronto. Nice guy, wanted to tip the bellboy, but he only had a $100 on him, so he ran down the street to the guy selling street meat to get some change. Cheap ******* can afford a $100 tip...

I also met Vladdy Guerrero on the Ste. Catherine's street. He was with his kid. Nice guy.

Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:27 PM
CH4

I caddied Donald Brashear at a golf tournament few years ago, what is funny is that I measure 5 foot 6 while he had a foot higher then me
at the time he was playing for Vancouver and told me the nucks could have had more then jovanov for Bure.....

btw he is a so-so golfer

CH4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:31 PM
wholeshow*

hungout with jay bouwmeester during junior high and highschool.
went to daycare with shawn belle, haha. he's a HUGE habs fan.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
AD

Saw Sidney Crosby on Peel street buying chocolate bars from the Dep near the Harveys.

I stalked him outside til he came out. Went up to him and had a cool conversation. I have a picture too... (I was drunk, I had just come out of the Carlos and Pepes on a monday*)

*Mondays have 1$ Beer and 1$ Tacos

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
i've meet marc Bureau naked at the boy changing room at the trois-rivieres uqtr university pool. He even autographed me a picture while he was naked.

too funny

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Well, I did not talk with, and he was a Habs player, but I already saw Guy Lafleur half naked wearing only a gray underwear. Something I would never forget.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:14 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

i was in pittsburg a few years ago and talked with ian moran and a couple of other players, cant remember their names although. nice guy, talked for a minute or two, he signed an autograph, took a picture and left. my uncle use to get invited to dinners with membres of the team, and he babysat one of their old goalies kids (dont remember which goalie) said he met jagr but he never talked much at all and didnt seem to be a nice guy.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:17 PM
JackieChan

"Met" Hulk Hogan in florida a long time ago, me and my family saw him from afar, and my younger brother (4 y.o. at the time) yelled 'HEILLE SALUT HULK HOGAN! He was running from 15 crazy women and kids, stopped, waved to my brother, then went on telling the crowd to f*uck off

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I've met a lot of non-Habs outside and around the Bell Centre. Mats Sundin, Alexander Mogilny, Ray Bourque, Curits Joseph, Martin Rucinsky, Kevin Weekes, and many others. Joseph and Weekes were probably the nicest guys of the lot, talkative and all. But all were good sports.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Nobak

I went to some hockey school where Martin Lapointe joined us on the ice.

We were doing a skating drill and he knocked my stick out of my hands and said I should hold my stick tighter.

I tried it in a game some time later and got called for slashing

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:36 PM
SOLR

Simon Gagné like 10 times a year at this Nightclub in Quebec City

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:38 PM
SOLR

Simon Gagné like 10 times a year at this Nightclub in Quebec City

Brashear is often there as well.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:43 PM
The CUBE

He was a Hab but he is no longer.

I met Patrick Roy in Repentigny quite a few years back. They had set-up a stand where he was there with a few other payers. It was in a groverie store parking lot. It was pretty cool I got one of his hockey cards signed. The bad part is that I lost that card in a move a fews later.

The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Montreal4Life*

Well, it isn't much but I did meet Alexandre Daigle during his "protege" years LOL. My buddy was his biggest fan (we were still in elementary school) and he wanted to interview him for his class. Daigle allowed us to enter into the corridors and we interviewed and filmed it. Great guy. He kinda knew my friend just cause he was always there LOL

Also went to a hockey camp where Alexei Yashin was... was a goalie at the time and man, did it feel great to freaking stone the guy...

Montreal4Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:51 PM
JackieChan

Im gonna go outside the thread title restrictions a bit...

4 years ago, me and my friend had a mid-night craving for a bigmac, so we walked all the way to mc donalds. Just a couple of minutes after we got inside, it starts raining real bad, one of thw biggest storms Ive ever seen. Then, this huge motorhome enters the parking lot, two people get out of it and hurry inside the restaurant, and **TADAM** there they were, a wet Patrice Brisebois and a wet Alain Choquette.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 02:59 PM
habs_pat

I've met a couple

i live in gatineau and my cousin was a manager at the Brookstreet hotel in Ottawa two years ago. I saw half of the Leafs team. It was while Quinn received a puck on the eye, he had a blackeye, i saw Tucker comparing his cell phone to the one Roberts had... I saw Domi too. Let me say something, Quinn is huge!

i saw Gino Odjick at a Petro-Canada where i was working two years ago

Last weekend, i went in Abitibi to see my family and i stopped at le Domaine on the 117, looks who's there right in front of me, Abitibi's own Eric Desjardins with his three kids, no wife there... He saw that i was looking at him and smile at me but i didn't want to intrude so i just shake my head to acknowledge him... When i got back to the parking lot, i tried to guess what was his car. Wasn't that hard a big a** hummer liscenced to Pennsylvannia with a big trailer trailed to it

i also saw Patrice Brisebois at the golf culb UFO in 1993 the summer after they won the cup!

the same summer i was posed with Andre Racicot with the cup when he did a tour with it in Val d'Or, Abitibi, my parents didn't want us to go to Rouyn-Noranda where I would have been posed with the cup and Eric Desjardins

that's about it!

Last edited by habs_pat: 07-21-2006 at 03:09 PM.
habs_pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 03:08 PM
frederixx

no me, but still funny story...

my brother and his friends were on their way to a party, when they met Forsberg (at a restaurant, bar, or convenience store). well they invited him over and guess what?... he did go to the party!

it was in Montreal 2-3years ago and they took pictures of course

edit: after talking to my bro, he said it was at Bourbon in St-Sauveur. they were with a bunch of girls already and they invited him over to the party.

Last edited by frederixx: 07-21-2006 at 03:15 PM.
frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Bugsy

- About 11 years ago, I met most of the Detroit Red Wings in Harvey's on a Saturday night. Keith Primeau was extremely cool, really nice to chat with and made lots of jokes. Paul Coffey looked like Mr. Potatohead....really big melon and his body didn't match! I didn't speak with any of the others, but there were a bunch of them. Primeau kept talking our ears off and cracking jokes!!

- I've met Alain Vigneault in Gatineau a few years ago! He's bigger than I thought..

- In the time I lived in downtown Montreal, I met Mike Keane, Mark Lamb, Lyle Odelein, Paul Dipietro, John Leclair and Brent Gilchrist! All cool guys!

Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 04:03 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
Yeah so now that you guys have been talking about X-Boxes and Ribeiro threads I thought about talking about meeting a Hockey player WhO wasn't a Hab

I remember meeting Martin Lapointe a couple of times, he looked like Julian from the trailer park boys and I sware I was convinced it was the actor ...

except for the glass of rhum ...

so anyways he was talking to a good friend of mine at the Ogilvy hair dressing salon ( my wife was getting her color done )

he looked so much like Julian it was damn confusing
I met Dave the hammer shultz when I was a kid at the lake. I met Lou Nanne, Bob Johnson and Glen Sather in a bar in edmonton during a canada cup in the eighties. I met John Lee Hooker, Jerry Garci and James Brown as well. No big stories.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
i met Roberto Luongo a LOOOONG time ago, I think he was in his first year at Val d'Or. (I was on the same team as his youngest brother, we were the 2 goalies for Atome CC in Bourassa).

Martin Brodeur, my baseball coaches in 1995 were his childhood friends. That summer he won the cup so my baseball team got to play a street hockey game with him and he also came to one of how practices and pitched batting practice for us.

2 summers ago I met Peter Forsberg at Globe on a Saturday night and then saw him the next day again at the Grand Prix. He remembered me and said Hi

and ive met almost all the Habs players.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_pat View Post
i live in gatineau and my cousin was a manager at the Brookstreet hotel in Ottawa two years ago. I saw half of the Leafs team. It was while Quinn received a puck on the eye, he had a blackeye, i saw Tucker comparing his cell phone to the one Roberts had... I saw Domi too. Let me say something, Quinn is huge!

i saw Gino Odjick at a Petro-Canada where i was working two years ago

Last weekend, i went in Abitibi to see my family and i stopped at le Domaine on the 117, looks who's there right in front of me, Abitibi's own Eric Desjardins with his three kids, no wife there... He saw that i was looking at him and smile at me but i didn't want to intrude so i just shake my head to acknowledge him... When i got back to the parking lot, i tried to guess what was his car. Wasn't that hard a big a** hummer liscenced to Pennsylvannia with a big trailer trailed to it

i also saw Patrice Brisebois at the golf culb UFO in 1993 the summer after they won the cup!

the same summer i was posed with Andre Racicot with the cup when he did a tour with it in Val d'Or, Abitibi, my parents didn't want us to go to Rouyn-Noranda where I would have been posed with the cup and Eric Desjardins

that's about it!

You simply didn't go at the right time, I went in Val d'Or as well and my sister and I got our picture taken with Eric Desjardins and the Cup, and we got his autograph afterwards. I was so awed by the Cup that I look like an idiot on the picture.

I have met a few other players as well, when they were still playing in junior, like Roberto Luongo, J-P Dumont, Francis Lessard, and Steve Bégin. I also met several Huskies players in my years in Rouyn, including Ribs and Dagenais.

bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote