HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why do other boards get a bad rap?

Old
07-21-2006, 09:15 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Why do other boards get a bad rap?

I get the feeling that some of the other Habs boards tend to get a bad rap compared to HfBoads. Yes, this is by far the best hockey message board on the net, but there are some other good ones too. I post on RDS talkbacks and yeah, there are some idiots and alot of fake rumours but not much more than there are here. Most of the people there know their hockey and the rumour starters and the idiots are flamed to no end. They make some outlandish trade proposals, but have you seen the Trades board here? Not that different when it comes to Habs proposals.

CHfans is another good msg board I post on and I would say the quality of posts is definately comparable to here. There is alot less flaming there at least...And the people there are very nice and friendly. Contrary to what you might think, at both the RDS talkbacks and CHfans, they don't hate Koivu at all. They love him in fact...And the people who cry out that there isn't a French captain or whatever are looked down on. And they know their hockey just as much as we do.

HF ranks number one for sure, but I don't know why other boards are looked down upon so much. RDS talkbacks I guess I can understand although they aren't as bad as it seems. When I mention CHfans, people act like it's some kind of inferior board, but they have the same standards as we do here. Pretty unjustified criticism I would say.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 09:24 AM
SOLR

Problem is the link to Hfboards have been posted on RDS talkback too much. Thats why both boards are equalizing themself out. I hope the new 90 days rule will have a good effect at reducing the idiotic proposals etc.(Even if im affected haha) Theres a minority of decent poster there, but theres a lot of "crazy" fans too.

Quality>Quantity.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 09:49 AM
BORAT

man that RDS board .... in the words of Michael Jackson

Oh Boy oh boy oh boy ... oh small boy oh boy oh boy ....

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Problem is the link to Hfboards have been posted on RDS talkback too much. Thats why both boards are equalizing themself out. I hope the new 90 days rule will have a good effect at reducing the idiotic proposals etc.(Even if im affected haha) Theres a minority of decent poster there, but theres a lot of "crazy" fans too.

Quality>Quantity.
I agree, I think that was a good rule to put in place.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 06:56 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I get the feeling that some of the other Habs boards tend to get a bad rap compared to HfBoads. Yes, this is by far the best hockey message board on the net, but there are some other good ones too. I post on RDS talkbacks and yeah, there are some idiots and alot of fake rumours but not much more than there are here. Most of the people there know their hockey and the rumour starters and the idiots are flamed to no end. They make some outlandish trade proposals, but have you seen the Trades board here? Not that different when it comes to Habs proposals.

CHfans is another good msg board I post on and I would say the quality of posts is definately comparable to here. There is alot less flaming there at least...And the people there are very nice and friendly. Contrary to what you might think, at both the RDS talkbacks and CHfans, they don't hate Koivu at all. They love him in fact...And the people who cry out that there isn't a French captain or whatever are looked down on. And they know their hockey just as much as we do.

HF ranks number one for sure, but I don't know why other boards are looked down upon so much. RDS talkbacks I guess I can understand although they aren't as bad as it seems. When I mention CHfans, people act like it's some kind of inferior board, but they have the same standards as we do here. Pretty unjustified criticism I would say.
This is by far the best habs boards. Some are cliques of old ladies with rules for everyone except their friends. I was extremely impressed with the numbers here that went to the development camp. There is superior talent evaluation on this board. Many of the other boards seem to be made up of Bob Cole type opinions.

Last edited by toshiro: 07-21-2006 at 07:07 PM.
toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 06:58 PM
KaptainKourage*

I got banned 4 times on CHFans, so I came here (still, this is my 4th account on the board )

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Uh, what about the canadiens.com official message board?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Kirk Muller*

All I know is that Fanhome is terrible. They all believe that Montréal will finish #1 every year.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Habsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
All I know is that Fanhome is terrible. They all believe that Montréal will finish #1 every year.
That is a bunch of crap. Try actually reading the threads once in a while.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 07:54 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
It's true. At fanhome, every trade, signing or newspaper quote is positive and will lead to Montréal finishing 1st and winning the Stanley Cup.

Old
07-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Habsy

Quote:
It's true. At fanhome, every trade, signing or newspaper quote is positive and will lead to Montréal finishing 1st and winning the Stanley Cup.
Really? Interesting. See, I read fanhome daily and have never seen you post there. What you are claiming is completely false. So either you are basing this on 1 occurance or are simply a liar... which one is it?

Old
07-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Really? Interesting. See, I read fanhome daily and have never seen you post there. What you are claiming is completely false. So either you are basing this on 1 occurance or are simply a liar... which one is it?
don't call me a liar. i was a poster there for many months.

Old
07-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Habsy

Well I am simply trying to ascertain your assertion of "they all believe that the Habs will be #1". See, in my many posts there, I have never seen "all" or even the majority say that. So where do you come up with it? Are you trying to make yourself look better amongst the posters here in bashing another board? Have you actually conducted a poll of every fanhome Habs board user asking them if that is their belief?

Your post is arrogant and insulting as I consider many of the posters there quite astute. Before you go off on some ill-conceived high-horse and make proclamations of certainty, maybe you should consider actually being able to back what you say.

Old
07-21-2006, 08:48 PM
BigFatPapa

Quote:
How do you know that you've never seen him post there? Should it be a given that he uses the exact same username on every single board he posts in?
I've been reading hfboards daily since some time in 2003 and look at my post count. Reading a board and getting an idea about it's quality isn't necessarily related to being a frequent poster.
You like fanhome? Good for you buddy, but stop bashing other posters who state their opinion, even when it's the opposite of yours.
Chill out and grab a beer. If it doesn't work, grab another one and on, and on, and on...

BigFatPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Mythology

On this site you can some times actually receive the opinion of knowledgeable fans of other teams, some times unbiased opinions/facts that actually make sense.

Mythology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Habsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatPapa View Post
How do you know that you've never seen him post there? Should it be a given that he uses the exact same username on every single board he posts in?
I've been reading hfboards daily since some time in 2003 and look at my post count. Reading a board and getting an idea about it's quality isn't necessarily related to being a frequent poster.
You like fanhome? Good for you buddy, but stop bashing other posters who state their opinion, even when it's the opposite of yours.
Chill out and grab a beer. If it doesn't work, grab another one and on, and on, and on...
Oh please, his statement is ridiculous. It would be the same as someone saying "all" the posters here are kids.

It's funny, this thread was started asking why other boards are bashed and you guys have proven they are. Simply ridiculous. All hail the all-knowing HF posters. And it was him who bashed ALL psters on a site, not me.

Talk about arrogance.

Old
07-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Habsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythology View Post
On this site you can some times actually receive the opinion of knowledgeable fans of other teams, some times unbiased opinions/facts that actually make sense.
I agree, which is why I read this board too. But to think you cannot get that elsewhere is really quite naive no?

Old
07-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Kirk Muller*

I exagerate for effect. You're right, not all the posters at fanhome think the Habs will win the Cup this year because of the addition of Mike Johnson and the promotion of Andrei Kostitsyn. Only 90% of them.

Old
07-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Sthabs

I ve heard about this board by reading rds boards,
And frankly, there s like one comments out of 5 on rds board that makes sense
all the other boards are probably by kids or some people that have no idea how to make a proper sentence or that just cant argue like normal people
Since i ve known this board i totally forgot about RDS,
I used to like chfans 2, but i like it here better because there s much more topics, different threads, you can also go see what s goin on with other teams, their reactions, etc
but once again i like the maturity of this board
or stuff like the prospects camp, with day by day description, commentaries etc

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Habsy

Quote:
I exagerate for effect. You're right, not all the posters at fanhome think the Habs will win the Cup this year because of the addition of Mike Johnson and the promotion of Andrei Kostitsyn. Only 90% of them.

You simply lose all credibility making such childish claims.

Old
07-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
I agree, which is why I read this board too. But to think you cannot get that elsewhere is really quite naive no?
Quote:
You simply lose all credibility making such childish claims.
i lost my credilibility a long time ago dude.

Old
07-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 4008
I don't think others Habs message boards have the same input than here when it comes to prospects and that's mostly what HF is about anyway. Plus the diversity of posters here is much better. Of course there is less trolls on RDS talks because it's summer , that place is a living hell and you can't put stupid people on ignore list. I can't talk about CHFans because i dont read it often but they seem to have a nice guy that covers the Bulldogs and make trips to Hamilton and come back in interviews. The reason CHFans got bad press is : 1-It's only in French so a lot of guys here have no clue. 2-They come up with fake rumors and people come here starting a topic about it , saying they got the info there.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Habsy

Quote:
i lost my credilibility a long time ago dude.
Noted.

Old
07-22-2006, 11:00 AM
habs86

vCash: 369
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatPapa View Post

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote