HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adam Hall - $975,000

Old
07-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Adam Hall - $975,000

http://nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerBiography.asp?ID=7197

Even if he only matches what he did last year, that's a bargain.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 12:49 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

He will probably get a small raise...1.1 million max.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 12:51 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
He will probably get a small raise...1.1 million max.
?

If he wasn't under contract, he wouldn't have a salary next to his name. That's what he's getting this year.

Old
07-22-2006, 12:52 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post

I guess Rangers will make announcement over the weekend and hopefully a Weekes trade.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 12:54 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
?

If he wasn't under contract, he wouldn't have a salary next to his name. That's what he's getting this year.
oh my fault, i thought that was last years salary. Good find Tawnos.. I think thats a very nice salary for him...anyone know what he made last season?

Old
07-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41 View Post
I guess Rangers will make announcement over the weekend
I'm not sure I recall teams ever making an announcement at the end of an arbitration hearing... if that's even what this is. They may have just agreed to a contract too... site doesn't really say.

Old
07-22-2006, 12:57 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
I'm not sure I recall teams ever making an announcement at the end of an arbitration hearing... if that's even what this is. They may have just agreed to a contract too... site doesn't really say.
true, tyutin needs to be signed, hossa and Rozsival should be dealt

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Captain11

Quote:
I guess Rangers will make announcement over the weekend and hopefully a Weekes trade.
theres no need to trade weeks.

theres no need to trade at all.

for the previous 7 years (exc. last year ofcourse) we have bought fa's and lost. why? chemistry.

weeks was a good backup for us and was our best cheerleader for lundy. perfect mentor of the ice.

why trade weeks? montoya should be getting ahl minutes. that kid we signed should be getting ahl minutes. holt should be getting echl minutes. whose left? valiquete? ha. id much rather have weeks than valiquete.
-And weeks trade value right now is low.

why bring this up again. your making a trade just to make a trade. no thought behind it.

Please stop. with the trades. with weeks.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 01:00 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
I haven't followed this offseason well enough, where does that put us with the cap?

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Fish

Quite a substantial raise for Hall...he earned just 600k last season, and it's more than twice what Moore was earning (though he too will get more)

In terms of the cap...the Rangers are now at around 37.2 million with 19 players signed and with Hossa, Pock, Rozsival and Tyutin to sign.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 01:03 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
I haven't followed this offseason well enough, where does that put us with the cap?
RB has a nice thread going here for all that info

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=247952

Old
07-22-2006, 01:09 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Thanks Fly... looks like we still have a little room to wiggle around, cap's about 44, we're right around 40 somewhere, so we're doing fine...

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 02:26 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I didn't realize Adam Hall was even up for arbitration. Hopefully his raise isn't too much. And is Tyutin up for arbitration or is he just holding out for some unknown reason?

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 05:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Adam Hall is represented by Rick Curran who also represents Brendan Shanahan.Need to find out the terms to determine the cap hit

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 06:04 AM
OldBlueSeats

Quote:
Thanks Fly... looks like we still have a little room to wiggle around, cap's about 44, we're right around 40 somewhere, so we're doing fine...
Thats getting close, you dont want to be at the $44 with all players signed so you have some room to make a deal down the road. Anyone know if during the season you make a deal that brings you over the cap you have a certain amount of time to get back under or do you have to free up the space before do a deal??

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 06:16 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Ozolinsh doesn't count while he's in rehab, so we're closer to $37million. The Rangers will find a way to not have Ozolinsh count against the cap...can you say "Sandis, welcome to Manitoba?"

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 06:57 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:

Anyone know where this puts him contract-wise? Is this a one year deal that makes him a UFA after next year now?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 07:30 AM
shoothepuck

Not bad if he plays like he did last season, would like to know more about the deal.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 07:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
Anyone know where this puts him contract-wise? Is this a one year deal that makes him a UFA after next year now?
Quote:
Unrestricted Free Agency - For the 2005-06 season, a player age 31 with four accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent; in 2006-07, a player age 29 with four accrued seasons or with eight accrued seasons; in 2007-08, a player age 28 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons; beginning in 2008-09 and for the duration of the agreement, a player age 27 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent. For purposes of qualifying for unrestricted free agency, the 2004-05 cancelled season will be counted as a year of accrued service
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/index.html

Hall will turn 26 years old on 8/14(25 on 7/1 when the league year begins) and has four accrued seasons.Hall won't be unrestricted until the summer of 2008 when he will be 27 on 7/1/08 with four accrued seasons.An accrued season means the player was on the NHL active roster for 40 or more games

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 08:25 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/index.html

Hall will turn 26 years old on 8/14(25 on 7/1 when the league year begins) and has four accrued seasons.Hall won't be unrestricted until the summer of 2008 when he will be 27 on 7/1/08 with four accrued seasons.An accrued season means the player was on the NHL active roster for 40 or more games
Thanks, RB.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 12:33 PM
NYR469

Quote:
unless that figure is an error than that means that they agreed to a contract without going to arbitration. his arbitration hearing wasn't scheduled till August 2nd so this means the rangers signed him the normal way.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 10:15 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
How does Adam Hall's salary have anything to do with Weekes. Do you ever talk about the topic in hand?

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 03:21 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain11 View Post
theres no need to trade weeks.

theres no need to trade at all.

for the previous 7 years (exc. last year ofcourse) we have bought fa's and lost. why? chemistry.

weeks was a good backup for us and was our best cheerleader for lundy. perfect mentor of the ice.

why trade weeks? montoya should be getting ahl minutes. that kid we signed should be getting ahl minutes. holt should be getting echl minutes. whose left? valiquete? ha. id much rather have weeks than valiquete.
-And weeks trade value right now is low.

why bring this up again. your making a trade just to make a trade. no thought behind it.

Please stop. with the trades. with weeks.

Thank You, Agreed 100%, NO more trades, NO more moves!!! I want Weekes on the team.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 03:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Thank You, Agreed 100%, NO more trades, NO more moves!!! I want Weekes on the team.
Other than having him as a positive influence as a teammate and locker room guy we really have no need for Kevin. As the Rodent illustrated some time ago, having a Steady Eddie as a backup is actually about the worst kind of backup you can have. Kevin is good for 3 goals every time he plays and on average doesn't even steal one game in every ten starts. If we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick I'd pull the trigger in an instant. We can get pretty anyone else to start 22 games next year and probably come away with just as many points as Weekes gave us. I'm not knocking the guy, just his performance.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Captain11

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Other than having him as a positive influence as a teammate and locker room guy we really have no need for Kevin. As the Rodent illustrated some time ago, having a Steady Eddie as a backup is actually about the worst kind of backup you can have. Kevin is good for 3 goals every time he plays and on average doesn't even steal one game in every ten starts. If we could trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick I'd pull the trigger in an instant. We can get pretty anyone else to start 22 games next year and probably come away with just as many points as Weekes gave us. I'm not knocking the guy, just his performance.
I understand, but i feel that theres more than just being a good performer, especially as a backup goalie.

chemestry. bringing bakc weeks helps keep the chemestry and the locker up together. and yes, he has the ability to win a couple games in 10. does he give up 3 a game? yes. but how many other backups give up less?

he has one year left on his cont. if the deadline comes and we get somthing real good? then fine. but definitely not now.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote