HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heading over to Chicago

Old
07-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Easton

vCash: 500
Heading over to Chicago

I'll be transfering to DePaul University for the fall and was wondering what the television coverage on the Hawks is like. I heard that none of their home games are broadcasted, is that true? I'll be getting Comcast Sports Net with the campus cable.

Also wondering what the area around DePaul University's main campus, Lincoln Park, is like. I'm hoping it's a very city-like atmosphere like NYC where most people can just walk over to restaurants or supermarkets to pick up something to eat. I do plan on visiting in late August.

Easton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Ezflow

We only get to see the road games it's true. As far as the neighborhood is concerned you'll gonna have a blast. Don't know how it compares to NY but everything is within walking distance including great bars and restaurants. Most people in the city would kill to live in the Neighborhood. Parking can be tough at times but is feasable. Welcome to Chicago.

Ezflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 07:57 AM
CBJ

Getting tickets to games...

Hi all... another visitor... we are planning on coming to Chicago Veteran's Day weekend to see our beloved CBJ play the Hawks on Sunday and watch OSU play Northwestern in football on Saturday. Any ideas on how to get tickets to the Hawks game? It's a Sunday evening game... will it be difficult? Is Ticketmaster the best way???

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 09:46 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I go to every Sharks vs Hawks game at the United Center and I see plenty of other games throughout the season.

Sunday Night is an easy one to get upper bowl seating for the most part. Depending on how much you want to spend I would say the best buy is the lower bowl $75 seats. They are very close, but high enough where the benches or penalty box doesn't obstruct your view. I get those seats for every Sharks game, a great buy.

Ticketmaster allows you to secure the seats you want, but the Hawks never "sell out" and the upper bowl is always embaressingly open.

I hope they bring back the $10 seats again this year, just purchase those and move into the $25 section and you got a good deal and seat.

You'll like the atmosphere of the United Center, great facility.

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:02 AM
CBJ

Thanks! We'll have to figure it out... I was hoping Sunday games wouldn't be too crowded

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:15 AM
fullmetalninja

If you are a student you can get a seat for 8 bucks at the gate. Don't worry, the UC is too big to sell out for anyone other than Detroit (and even if they do they have Standing Room Only tickets).

So just show up on Game day, present your Student Id (or an old one!) and get in for 8 bucks a head.

As far as Lincoln Park goes, it's a great neighborhood but is very expensive. If you are going to Depaul's main campus (and not downtown) then it is the only area within walking distance, and certainly the one in which you'll have the most fun/opportunities.

Hockey coverage in Chicago sucks. You'll get very little in the papers, radio, and only 1/2 of games on TV. Comcast Chicago does offer the Hockey package but you have to overpay getting their Digital Silver package.

Good luck, Chicago is a great city for transplants.

-fullmetalninja

fullmetalninja is offline   Reply With Quote