HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aubin has 10 points for Atlanta.

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 50
Aubin has 10 points for Atlanta.

Just a fluke in the beginning of the season or did the Avs misuse the guy?

Old
11-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

vCash: 500
Read: more (and better--PP) icetime, better linemates, and more confidence.

He always was one of those Hartley guys. I have a feeling he was brought back based on Hartley's stern liking for him. You must remember also, that the years that Aubin was that dominating force for Hershey--yep, Hartley was the coach. He did score 13-17-30 with crap linemates in Columbus as well.

Partly change of scenery, partly an increas in confidence, and partly an increase in quality icetime with quality linemates. Honestly, I don't think it was a mistake letting him go and he hasn't gotten magically better overnight. Give me a McCormick anyday over Aubin. I respected Aubin's ability to muck and grind on our squad ... but he still plays with a dirty edge, even with Atlanta, that I never respected.

Old
11-12-2003, 12:45 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Read: more (and better--PP) icetime, better linemates, and more confidence.

He always was one of those Hartley guys. I have a feeling he was brought back based on Hartley's stern liking for him. You must remember also, that the years that Aubin was that dominating force for Hershey--yep, Hartley was the coach. He did score 13-17-30 with crap linemates in Columbus as well.

Partly change of scenery, partly an increas in confidence, and partly an increase in quality icetime with quality linemates. Honestly, I don't think it was a mistake letting him go and he hasn't gotten magically better overnight. Give me a McCormick anyday over Aubin. I respected Aubin's ability to muck and grind on our squad ... but he still plays with a dirty edge, even with Atlanta, that I never respected.
Dirty Edge? I never saw anything, but good hard nosed hockey, that was used as an energy boost for his teammates. Similar to Hinote, but to a lesser extent. But I do agree that he isn't sorely missed here, and McCormick is a more than suitable replacement, especially with all the potential he has.

Old
11-12-2003, 05:32 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
Dirty Edge? I never saw anything, but good hard nosed hockey, that was used as an energy boost for his teammates. Similar to Hinote, but to a lesser extent. But I do agree that he isn't sorely missed here, and McCormick is a more than suitable replacement, especially with all the potential he has.
He already had a blatent board on Stuart this season. I can't remember who he got back in his Denver days ... but he did have a few wreckless hits that shouldn't have been.

Old
11-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Miller259

Location: "If hockeys to tough, go play tennis"-Bryan Marchment, Colorado Avalanche
Well, he's not DIRTY if that's what you mean. I saw him a few years ago play against the Wings in the playoffs. It was his first game and he wanted to make a good impression on the citizens of Detroit, so he gave Osgood a nice little snow-shower after the whissle.

I think he was always capable of having a productive 40-50 point season if healthy. If anything, I think the Avs still could use him due to his versatility. He's not really that bad on faceoffs, can play either wing, kills penalties, and can at least skate on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th lines. But truthfully, I'm glad he got let go and finally made it somewhere else. He's been in the minors almost his entire professional career and now it looks like he's "Taking it to the next level."

Closed Thread