HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak?

Old
08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Form and Substance

vCash: 500
Halak?

Is he going to back up Danis in Hamilton net year? If so, do you think he has a shot at being a legitimate starter in say 3 years?

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Is he going to back up Danis in Hamilton net year? If so, do you think he has a shot at being a legitimate starter in say 3 years?

Yes he'll be in Hamilton but I expect him to get a lot of starts, something like a 1a 1b situation unless one of them gets really hot. Halak was impressive in his short time in Hamilton, 3 SO's in 13 games will do that, but we'll need to see how he handles an entire season in the AHL. That said I really liked what I saw from him and now have him a lot higher then I expected he would be. Personally I like Christopher Heino, but at this point Halak has moved passed him imo. As for him being a starter in 3 years, at this point I don't think he will be but anything can happen. I expect a Price-Halak combo next year in Hamilton, so we'll see what happens.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
He should be Danis' backup this season.

Legitimate starter in the AHL in 3 years maybe.

However, Vokoun was never expected to be a NHL starter when he was in our minor league system in Fredericton so who knows?

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 09:45 PM
phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
He should be Danis' backup this season.

Legitimate starter in the AHL in 3 years maybe.

However, Vokoun was never expected to be a NHL starter when he was in our minor league system in Fredericton so who knows?
I hope that if Halak ends up as a starter in the NHL someday it will be with the habs... not like Vokun becoming a top goalie with another team

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
I hope that if Halak ends up as a starter in the NHL someday it will be with the habs... not like Vokun becoming a top goalie with another team
I agree, from the few games i saw and heard on radio, i think halak can be everybit as good as vokoun. He had a few injury plauged seasons, hopefully he can turn in a solid season in hamilton and move up the ladder.

with him and Price next season, Hamiltons goaldending is pretty solid for the next few years. Also i forgot cedric desjardins, and a few others a Finn etc.(heino?)

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote