HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jose Theodore Records 5 Assists

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Jose Theodore Records 5 Assists

In my nhl 2004 dynasty, I am the habs, and sadly thing started to head south when 4 of my better players, well, 3 because Holmstrom sucked ass, went down with injuries. Sundstrom went down, and he was on my top line with Koivu and Chistov. Naturally I promoted Briere from the 3rd line, and moved him to the wing to replace him. Then, the unthinkable happened. Koivu got hurt. Bulis then became my top center(after being sent to the minors for ineffectiveness). Then in the very next game, Zednik got hurt. My depth was stretched thin, so i signed Hlavac and Thomas. Actually I signed them before the Koivu injury, and I was stretched even with them. i tried to survive with 3 of my top 4 forwards injured(Comrie was the other top forward). So then i decided i had to make a blockbuster trade after losing a few games while trying to survive. I targeted Peter Forsberg, and even agreed to let go of my first rounder, but even Koivu, Briere and the first wouldn't get it done. Then I set my sights on Hejduk, and got him for Briere and a first. In his first game, a 5-4 win for me, he recorded 3 goals and an assist, including the game winner on the powerplay with just over 2 mins remaining. Now the next game was against Minny. I only had one blowout in my favor all year, and that was a 5-1 win over Philly towards the start of the year. In a 3-1 First period for me, Theodore recorded 3 assists. In the 2nd, Minny pulled within one, but I would add another to make it 4-2 heading into the 3rd. the events of that 3rd period would be shocking. I outscored the Wild 6-0. Theo would record 2 assists in that period to record a 5 point game. That's right, Jose Theodore would record a 5 point game, and exten his season point totals to 27 points in 41 games. Another fact, Theodore has a .929 save % in my league. The next closest is Nabakov/Belfour at .892. Looks like I have a vezina winner on my hands, but at the moment, I'm 5 points out of the playoffs, but once Koivu, Zed and Sundstrom return, I should be in for some properous times.

Old
11-11-2003, 10:54 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Ok...

Old
11-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Roke

Got you beat, Mathieu Garon scored an empty-netter that turned out to be the game winner (other team scored after Garon scored on their empty net)

Old
11-11-2003, 11:03 AM
lazek

So....

Old
11-11-2003, 11:07 AM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
In my nhl 2004 dynasty, I am the habs, and sadly thing started to head south when 4 of my better players, well, 3 because Holmstrom sucked ass, went down with injuries. Sundstrom went down, and he was on my top line with Koivu and Chistov. Naturally I promoted Briere from the 3rd line, and moved him to the wing to replace him. Then, the unthinkable happened. Koivu got hurt. Bulis then became my top center(after being sent to the minors for ineffectiveness). Then in the very next game, Zednik got hurt. My depth was stretched thin, so i signed Hlavac and Thomas. Actually I signed them before the Koivu injury, and I was stretched even with them. i tried to survive with 3 of my top 4 forwards injured(Comrie was the other top forward). So then i decided i had to make a blockbuster trade after losing a few games while trying to survive. I targeted Peter Forsberg, and even agreed to let go of my first rounder, but even Koivu, Briere and the first wouldn't get it done. Then I set my sights on Hejduk, and got him for Briere and a first. In his first game, a 5-4 win for me, he recorded 3 goals and an assist, including the game winner on the powerplay with just over 2 mins remaining. Now the next game was against Minny. I only had one blowout in my favor all year, and that was a 5-1 win over Philly towards the start of the year. In a 3-1 First period for me, Theodore recorded 3 assists. In the 2nd, Minny pulled within one, but I would add another to make it 4-2 heading into the 3rd. the events of that 3rd period would be shocking. I outscored the Wild 6-0. Theo would record 2 assists in that period to record a 5 point game. That's right, Jose Theodore would record a 5 point game, and exten his season point totals to 27 points in 41 games. Another fact, Theodore has a .929 save % in my league. The next closest is Nabakov/Belfour at .892. Looks like I have a vezina winner on my hands, but at the moment, I'm 5 points out of the playoffs, but once Koivu, Zed and Sundstrom return, I should be in for some properous times.
In last year's nhl (NHL 2003) I got tired of scoring as it was too easy so i tried to make things more difficult so i gave myself a rule that the only way i could score was by having the puck go back to Theodore, have him pass to someone and only that player could score...neadless to say Theodore ended up being my top scorer in terms of points...and i think back then i averaged 15-25 goals per game easy....Theodore ended up with over 300 points during the playoffs alone (16-0 record), i prefer this year's version...much harder than last years (until i figure out enough anyways)

Old
11-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke
Got you beat, Mathieu Garon scored an empty-netter that turned out to be the game winner (other team scored after Garon scored on their empty net)
haha. I scored an empty-netter with Comrie with 35 seconds left to give myself a 2 goal lead, but the opposition came back and scored 2 goals. Luckily I won that in overtime or I would have choked the life out of something.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Anyone else notice that Theodore is kind of screwy in NHL 2004?
9 out of 10 times they show him, they have him with the trapper on the left hand.

Maybe its just my game, I have it for Gamecube.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:43 AM
RichardZednik#20

Winning the Vezina is easy! Theo also won the Jennings in my season and guess what? Claude Julien won the Jack Adam. They even have his picture but it's of a draw then a pick. I had no chalange with MTL and now I'm playing with Nashville. The worst thing it's that it's more easy with them then with MTL but what the heck I'll continue. BTW those salary demands are way too much. Vokoun 11.2 mil$!!! and Legwand 8.4 mil$ geez!

Old
11-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
Anyone else notice that Theodore is kind of screwy in NHL 2004?
9 out of 10 times they show him, they have him with the trapper on the left hand.

Maybe its just my game, I have it for Gamecube.

Yeah, they had the same problem in NHL 2002 and 2003. I think in all the cut scenes, they programmed the goalie to be the same hand (since most goalies wear their blocker on their right hands). I sucks, but oh well.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Habsaku

The only thing I don't like about NHL 2004 is that the trades are way to easy.

You can get anyone with a 1st rounder but Forsberg. I got both Heatly and Kovalchuck for a 2nd, rivet and zednik.

Quote:
BTW those salary demands are way too much. Vokoun 11.2 mil$!!! and Legwand 8.4 mil$ geez!

THats why you have upgrade points, put them in your legal.

Old
11-11-2003, 11:59 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Hey Fish, you should try to upgrade the center position for the habs...I got LeCavilier for Perreault and a first rounder......great trade in my mind.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:03 PM
RichardZednik#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
The only thing I don't like about NHL 2004 is that the trades are way to easy.

You can get anyone with a 1st rounder but Forsberg. I got both Heatly and Kovalchuck for a 2nd, rivet and zednik.

THats why you have upgrade points, put them in your legal.
I do upgrades my legal but they are long to get. Scouts and legal are my priorities right now but still, at best I will get Vokoun for 7-8 mil$.

Yah! trades are stupid sometimes, Buffalo propose me Pyatt, Briere and Campbell for Gauthier, 3rd and 5th round. Guess what I say.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Count of DannyKristo

I played an 82 game season on medium (not in dynasty mode, just a regular season) and had a bit of trouble at the beginning because I was new to it. But after a while, I cruised along and finished at 64-15-1-2. Still, using the Habs is painful. If I started again with say, Tampa Bay, I think I could have a much better record. All this despite getting outshot nearly every game. 2004 is frustrating, even when I am winning most games. The hitting ticks me off.

As for trophies, Koivu won the Art Ross in my season with 137 points. Zednik tied for second (with Daze..?) with 133. Zednik had 73 goals, but didn't win the Richard. Jagr had 75. Markov won the Norris, Jose the Vezina, Koivu the Hart and Lady Byng, Julien the Jack Adams.
Jose won the Conn Smythe, I went 16-2 in the playoffs.
Once you get the hang of it, it's just way too easy to score. Especially when shooting down. Anyone else notice this? So I had a much better road record than home record, since you shoot down for 2 periods on the road.

So I switched to Dynasty mode and played on difficult. But I'm not a fan of it at all, setting practices and prices and all that stuff. I'd just rather play the game, and they don't let me continue for more than one regular season like in 2003. What's with all the player's ratings going way down when you start on Dynasty? That really turned me away from it too. I played like 5 games, got outshot badly, but went like 3-1-1-1 or something like that. I haven't played since.

Old
11-11-2003, 12:10 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Hey Fish, you should try to upgrade the center position for the habs...I got LeCavilier for Perreault and a first rounder......great trade in my mind.

You can get him for just a first rounder. Even Bertuzzi and Thornton can be had for just a first rounder.

The thing about the overall stats is that you have to upgrade your skills with upgrade points, and you gotta play to earn them which sucks. No one actually plays more then 1-2 seasons on dynasty so thats why I think its a stupid concept.

Old
11-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
I have tried to get 2 big name top line centers in Allison and Forsberg, but I had to settle for Klatt and Hejduk instead. I played a game against Boston, lost 3-2(winner was scored with 54 seconds left), and found out Hejduk will miss 5 weeks with bruised ribs, so I decided not to save the game. Good news is Sundstrom is back. Now I need Zednik and Koivu back. My centers aren't bad. When I have a full lineup, I have Koivu, Comrie, Oates and Juneau. Juneau was scratched for much of the year, but called him up when Kilger wasn't cutting it at center, and he has made a great 4th line with Kilger on his wing, and whoever the other winger is. It was Klatt for the longest time, but now I think its Begin. Right now my lines are like this....

Chistov-Bulis-Hejduk
Hossa-Comrie-Sundstrom
Thomas-Oates-Hlavac
Begin-Juneau-Kilger

Markov-Tverdovski
Boynton-Komisarek
Souray-Hainsey

Theodore
Storr

A healthy lineup would be....

Chistov-Koivu-Sundstrom
Zednik-Comrie-Hejduk
Thomas-Oates-Hlavac
Begin-Juneau-Kilger

Bulis and Hossa just aren't playing well, so they are done for the year, barring injuries. I regret giving up Holmstrom, even though he is still out for 8 or 9 weeks, because he would fill in nicely on the 4th line, although I am impressed with Begin right now. Another thing, with Koivu out I made Souray my captain, and Komisarek leads the team with a +14. Actally, Hejduk is +80 or something, but that all came with Colorado.

Old
11-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

The best NHL game is ESPN Hockey. You should try that one instead of NHL 2004. It's more realistic and it's more difficult to score.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:26 AM

Quote:
I have tried to get 2 big name top line centers in Allison and Forsberg, but I had to settle for Klatt and Hejduk instead. I played a game against Boston, lost 3-2(winner was scored with 54 seconds left), and found out Hejduk will miss 5 weeks with bruised ribs, so I decided not to save the game. Good news is Sundstrom is back. Now I need Zednik and Koivu back. My centers aren't bad. When I have a full lineup, I have Koivu, Comrie, Oates and Juneau. Juneau was scratched for much of the year, but called him up when Kilger wasn't cutting it at center, and he has made a great 4th line with Kilger on his wing, and whoever the other winger is. It was Klatt for the longest time, but now I think its Begin. Right now my lines are like this....

Chistov-Bulis-Hejduk
Hossa-Comrie-Sundstrom
Thomas-Oates-Hlavac
Begin-Juneau-Kilger

Markov-Tverdovski
Boynton-Komisarek
Souray-Hainsey

Theodore
Storr

A healthy lineup would be....

Chistov-Koivu-Sundstrom
Zednik-Comrie-Hejduk
Thomas-Oates-Hlavac
Begin-Juneau-Kilger

Bulis and Hossa just aren't playing well, so they are done for the year, barring injuries. I regret giving up Holmstrom, even though he is still out for 8 or 9 weeks, because he would fill in nicely on the 4th line, although I am impressed with Begin right now. Another thing, with Koivu out I made Souray my captain, and Komisarek leads the team with a +14. Actally, Hejduk is +80 or something, but that all came with Colorado.

Try to stick it through the year with Hossa, the second year he improves greatly if you play him enough, I got rid of all my expensive veterans for picks and players who currently have low attributes but high potentials, here's my lineup in my second year of Dynasty my roster changed alot since opening day.

Zednik-T.Ruutu-Kasitstyn (created)
Rick Nash-Koivu-Hossa
Raffi Torres-Higgins (created)- Spezza
rookie-Sean Avery-rookie
Jason Ward

Markov-Komisarek
Volchenkov-Eminger
Hainsey-Jillson
St-Jacques

Theo-Garon

Old
11-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Habsaku

Kovalchuck-Lecavalier-Heatly
Kilger-Koivu-Isbister
Hossa-Stefan-Berezin
R.Nash-Spezza-Brendl

Markov-Mara
Bouwmeester-Tverdovsky
Klesla-Komisarek

I also have Svitov, Kolstsov, Eminger, and much more with 92+potential.

Trades are way too easy and the drafting ain't worth it th first 2-3 seasons so just trade your picks for superstars.
You can also trade your UFAs just before july 1st so thats kinda stupid too.

Old
11-12-2003, 08:31 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
In my nhl 2004 dynasty, I am the habs, and sadly thing started to head south when 4 of my better players, well, 3 because Holmstrom sucked ass, went down with injuries.
NHL 2004 sux... Go buy ESPN Nhl Hockey... it's a lot better but more tough to score. Im in franchise with montreal. I added Perez, Kastsy, Higgins, Pleks, Balej and most of the team from hamilton. Pleks was doing kick ass on a line with Bulis but got hurt last week! I got Petrov from the waivers.. ah... love that Petrov.

Old
11-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Tricolore#20

I tried to maintain the current Habs roster as much as possible...

I created Alex Perezhogin (who's my third leading scorer right now), I traded Chad Kilger (who is grossly overrated) for David Vyborny, and I acquired Tim Connolly from the Oilers (who acquired him from Buffalo) for Mathieu Garon. I called up Joni Puurula from his Finnish team, and I'm frustrated cuz I wanted to get Kim Staal from a Swedish team on my team too, but you can't import those guys once you start your season.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
I acquired Tim Connolly from the Oilers (who acquired him from Buffalo).
I traded for Connolly and traded him and a 2nd for Comrie lol. I can't remember who i traded for Connolly, I think it was Ribeiro and Boynton. I later got Boynton for Brisebois and a 5th.

Old
11-12-2003, 11:49 PM
hab4life

vCash:
That has to be by far the most interesting article I have ever read..thanks for shar ing that..lol.

Closed Thread