HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs OHL scout

Old
08-07-2006, 11:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Habs OHL scout

I don't recall if this has been brought up, but it's the first I've heard of it. Anyways I was talking with someone that follows the OHL closely and they were saying we picked up Mike McCann to be our OHL scout. I never heard of him but he's been a scout for the Barrie Colts.

That's the 3rd scout hired this summer, giving us 5 guys in the CHL alone plus Timmins.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 11:02 PM
deandebean

The more the merrier.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't recall if this has been brought up, but it's the first I've heard of it. Anyways I was talking with someone that follows the OHL closely and they were saying we picked up Mike McCann to be our OHL scout. I never heard of him but he's been a scout for the Barrie Colts.
I can confirm this as 100% true. I worked for an OHL team for a few years, and I know Mike very well. He's a dedicated scout, I don't think he can remove the smell of ice, peanuts, hot dogs and hockey from his nostrils. The guy absolutely lives in rinks, and will see up to 8 or 9 games in a week if need be.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:49 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I can confirm this as 100% true. I worked for an OHL team for a few years, and I know Mike very well. He's a dedicated scout, I don't think he can remove the smell of ice, peanuts, hot dogs and hockey from his nostrils. The guy absolutely lives in rinks, and will see up to 8 or 9 games in a week if need be.
This is for sure the best job on earth...getting paid to watch hockey

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:37 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
This is for sure the best job on earth...getting paid to watch hockey
Ahhh, words spoken truly like one who has no experience in scouting. It's a grueling, grueling position... the travel is very harsh, and the hours are unforgiving. Sure it sounds fantastic at first, paid to watch hockey.

Two things, you're paid very very little. Especially at first, all you're paid for by many Tier II junior clubs is expenses, if that. Secondly, the hockey itself is hardly what you're probably used to. And if you aren't accurate more often than not, you're done.

But hey, if that's your dream life by all means! I'd much rather do what I do for a living (referee), I'm on the ice and I get a far better seat. Not to mention I get paid far more. But that's just me.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Thanks for this information!

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Thanks Guys for the infos,Habs updated their site with him on board.

http://www.canadiens.com/fre/team/re...&categoryID=20

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Marchy79

I live in Barrie... Mike McCann is a hockey guy... Since before the Colts arrived. Hes plucked some great names for the colts over the years... And bear in mind, the colts have ALWAYS been competitive... they never missed the playoffs since their inception in to the OHL... that is saying a LOT..

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote