HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bouillon update

Old
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Bouillon update

I dont see this posted so...here goes. (If it exists..just merge or delete)

Bouillon talked to the media this afternoon.
I didnt get everything just some bits and peices on the team 990 on my drive home. So other feel free to fill in the blanks.
Basicaly what stood out for me was:

His knee has bothered him for the last 4 years. He's always played with pain and had to stretch and warm it up before the games and ice it after the games. He controled it with antiinflammatories.

He thought he could play one more year before getting an operation.

He was following some intense physiotherapy for his knee(supervised by the team I think). But when he tried skating about 1 month ago he realised the pain was too much.

The operation removed scar tissue.

(ps: I just found the RDS link http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/210212.html)

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
HabuseMoi

when hell come back he'll be a top 20 defenseman in the league.

That would be Hilarious.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:17 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
when hell come back he'll be a top 20 defenseman in the league.

That would be Hilarious.
it would indeed be

hey, dreaming doesnt cost anything right?

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
I think we need Bouillon in full health to be successfull this year, Francis is a very important hab, I hope he will be in a good shape when he'll return!

Also, I hope the doctors wont rush him to play, it is very important to let the regeneration process in a normal time.

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Toro

this also from the MTL site.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=5127

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
He will come back and kick ***

*Signature hit* @ 0,50sec :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LekESN19u4A

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 09:03 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
He will come back and kick ***

*Signature hit* @ 0,50sec :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LekESN19u4A
I beg to differ. Goal number 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy4Qleeb0KQ

Old
08-07-2006, 09:56 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I dont see this posted so...here goes. (If it exists..just merge or delete)

Bouillon talked to the media this afternoon.
I didnt get everything just some bits and peices on the team 990 on my drive home. So other feel free to fill in the blanks.
Basicaly what stood out for me was:

His knee has bothered him for the last 4 years. He's always played with pain and had to stretch and warm it up before the games and ice it after the games. He controled it with antiinflammatories.

He thought he could play one more year before getting an operation.

He was following some intense physiotherapy for his knee(supervised by the team I think). But when he tried skating about 1 month ago he realised the pain was too much.

The operation removed scar tissue.

(ps: I just found the RDS link http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/210212.html)
O, so let me get this straight. The team knew about the injury, knew that a knee injury CAN be fatal for a hockey player or could at the very least hamper his skating for life (go ask Serge Savard), knew that he wasn't healthy, and STILL signed him for 3 seasons at a pretty hefty price.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 10:10 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
O, so let me get this straight. The team knew about the injury, knew that a knee injury CAN be fatal for a hockey player or could at the very least hamper his skating for life (go ask Serge Savard), knew that he wasn't healthy, and STILL signed him for 3 seasons at a pretty hefty price.
Uh...90% of knee injuries arent carreer threatning. He played with it for 4 years so it wasnt a concern. Also do you know how many player in the NHL have had knee injuries....if that was a factor now one would sign. You're pretty cynical.

Old
08-07-2006, 10:14 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Uh...90% of knee injuries arent carreer threatning. He played with it for 4 years so it wasnt a concern. Also do you know how many player in the NHL have had knee injuries....if that was a factor now one would sign. You're pretty cynical.
A knee injury is a threat to a hockey player. Come on, man. Why do you think players delay operations for seasons? It is. Koivu never was the same after his. Serge Savard, Bobby Orr, etc.

I'm amazed that no reporters in MOntreal have asked the question to Gainey: did your doctors take a look at the injury BEFORE signing him?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 10:22 PM
znk

Quote:
A knee injury is a threat to a hockey player. Come on, man. Why do you think players delay operations for seasons? It is. Koivu never was the same after his. Serge Savard, Bobby Orr, etc.

I'm amazed that no reporters in MOntreal have asked the question to Gainey: did your doctors take a look at the injury BEFORE signing him?
Humm come on man.....you're naming guys who had severe knee problems. Add Bure to your list. But now...make me a list of guys who had knew injuries and still play good hockey.

I'll start with 4 current habs. Koivu, Begin, Kovalev and Huet.
And Bouillon played hurt for the last 4 years. There's only upside to him finaly playing without pain.

Old
08-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Toro

Quote:
Humm come on man.....you're naming guys who had severe knee problems. Add Bure to your list. But now...make me a list of guys who had knew injuries and still play good hockey.

I'll start with 4 current habs. Koivu, Begin, Kovalev and Huet.
And Bouillon played hurt for the last 4 years. There's only upside to him finaly playing without pain.
He also played his heart out and his knees out for MTL. He even went through extensive therepy to avoid missing time in uniform. The guy is a warrior and will heal. He will then be even better without the pain and agony of his prior ailments.
The signing was a good one. He would lay over and die for the habs, please pick on someone else.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Le depisteur

12 weeks before skating

That will be longer than envisaged...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't think it's that big a deal. I used to have to give my right knee a lot of special attention before doing any sports, especially cycling, and I usually had to put up with the pain during and after. For years and years. Perhaps I could have had it scoped to fix it up, but of course why bother? I found a better solution: just stop doing all those physical activities. Viola, pain goes away! (I'm guessing that wasn't an option for Bouillon. )

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 11:04 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:

Did you listen to the Radio on June 30th and July 1st? You'd have your answer as to why the media wouldn't dare bring up anything negative regarding little hometown hero BouBou.

This was and still is a stupid signing.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 11:09 AM
HabuseMoi

Quote:

it would have been disgusting to not sign him because of that, he bsuted his knee for the team and played on it injured for 4 years. Trust me, most player wouldn't do that. Imo he deserved what he got even more after hearing that.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 02:50 PM
tritone

""Despite his wonky wheel, the 5-foot-8 defenseman still managed to throw his weight around in 2005-06, as he led the Canadiens blue line with over 150 hits. """

Yeah, Bouillon's size is a problem

The guy is a tank!

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:06 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
""Despite his wonky wheel, the 5-foot-8 defenseman still managed to throw his weight around in 2005-06, as he led the Canadiens blue line with over 150 hits. """

Yeah, Bouillon's size is a problem

The guy is a tank!
A tank wouldn't be a liability in front of the net like Bouillon is.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:15 PM
wholeshow*

most defenseman are liabilities in front of the net now, you can't exactly push forwards anymore unless you want a cross checking or interference penalty.

i had no clue that bouillon had knee problems for so long, he's been such a fluid skater for us (one of the best)...he'll probably be able to downright fly on the ice if his knees manages heal back to 100%.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Darz

Quote:
Imo, this doesn't sound like a career threating injury. If he has had the injury basically his whole NHL career, I doubt the operation to fix it will screw him up. Serious knee injuries are scary. Ones that players can play on for four years, aren't that scary.