HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Go Get Gomez , Deal To Be Made

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-26-2006, 11:00 AM
  #1
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Go Get Gomez , Deal To Be Made

LOU , eventually will have to decide betewwn him and Gionta, he can`t pay both.
Go get him Bob , we have the asstes to deal. Jersey has no depth in the system
and they can`t take back a ton of money . Ribiero , plus a few prospects , may all
it takes. Listen he is superior to what we hav down the middle, Koivu is anaccident waiting to happen and Ribs is not the answer. Lou who usually scores in a deal , may not get what he wants in a deal .Like I siad before if Kosty and Perez, don`t fit in your system ,turn them into what you need, WE NEED GOMEZ AS OUR # 1 CENTER. This may be our only chance to get a legit # 1 , without breaking the bank. Ryder, Ribs, Perez , Kosty, we have some decent kids that Jersey may want in return , this deal will be more of a futures deal with Jersey , than matching a salary. We have about 10 mil to possibly free up next year , he can fit in our structure. Rivet or Souray , one is gone for sure , Bonk, Abisheaur, are off the books, pull the trigger Bob. Hab fans if we are pinning our hopes on # 11, and # 71
down the middle - KEEP DREAMING that is a very weak one two punch.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 11:07 AM
  #2
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
LOU , eventually will have to decide betewwn him and Gionta, he can`t pay both.
Go get him Bob , we have the asstes to deal. Jersey has no depth in the system
and they can`t take back a ton of money . Ribiero , plus a few prospects , may all
it takes. Listen he is superior to what we hav down the middle, Koivu is anaccident waiting to happen and Ribs is not the answer. Lou who usually scores in a deal , may not get what he wants in a deal .Like I siad before if Kosty and Perez, don`t fit in your system ,turn them into what you need, WE NEED GOMEZ AS OUR # 1 CENTER. This may be our only chance to get a legit # 1 , without breaking the bank. Ryder, Ribs, Perez , Kosty, we have some decent kids that Jersey may want in return , this deal will be more of a futures deal with Jersey , than matching a salary. We have about 10 mil to possibly free up next year , he can fit in our structure. Rivet or Souray , one is gone for sure , Bonk, Abisheaur, are off the books, pull the trigger Bob. Hab fans if we are pinning our hopes on # 11, and # 71
down the middle - KEEP DREAMING that is a very weak one two punch.
I think Higgins and Chipchura would be the guys requested for starters and personally, I want to see those guys evolve in Mtl.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 11:22 AM
  #3
Netro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
What we need to remember is that Lou will be in awful bargaining position by being over the cap. As such, I think that whoever he trades will go quite considerably under market value

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 11:37 AM
  #4
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think Higgins and Chipchura would be the guys requested for starters and personally, I want to see those guys evolve in Mtl.

I won`t move Higgins , but Kyle why not ? I THINK HE WILL BE A QUALITY role player at center, a 20 goal man , Gomez is an 80 point young # 1 center.

If all it takes is Chipchura, Perezoghin, Ribs and a second pick , what are we waiting for. There is no other # 1 center to be had. It will cost you 7+ a year to make a pitch for a top end guy in free agency ( if he wants to come here ) If you lock up Gomez for 20 over 4 , you have a # 1 guy for 5 mil. Clealry you can`t play all your kids. Lets be real here ,go to our top 20 prospects in our thread , and maybe 7 players will ever be a hab. Lou will make it a futures deal , prospects, picks, and young regulars on the cheap with upside. We can`t always praise our kids , ad we have a history of not developing them . I don`t wan`t Briere, the dude was on waivers a few years ago , and probably had his carreer year last year , I DON`T TRUST HIM AS OUR # 1, GOMEZ IS A SOLID PLAYER.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 11:44 AM
  #5
habscout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Lasalle, Ontario, Ca
Country: Canada
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
The only way I think of for Lou to get away with not trading Gomez is to find another team that is under the cap floor that is willing to take on the salaries of the Devils "defunct" players, ie. Mogilny & Malakhov. The NHL salary cap maximum is $44M for this season, and the minimum is $28M. If, for example, the Washington Capitals whose roster stands at 20 players now (plus part of Jagr's contract) at around $24.3M were willing to trade for M or M, his $3.6M would have to be traded for non-roster players. The Devils would have to sweeten the offer by including a decent draft pick or prospect to get a team to agree, but it's possible. The other team that may be willing is Pittsburgh, whose current cap is around $21.5M with only 15 players signed.

Otherwise, Lamoriello will have to either trade Gomez, or one of the other higher priced Devils, to get below their cap. Another scenario I can think of to save the Devils would involve one of the higher priced Devils getting a serious injury in training camp, but that's pretty unlikely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:03 PM
  #6
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
LOU , eventually will have to decide betewwn him and Gionta, he can`t pay both.
Go get him Bob , we have the asstes to deal. Jersey has no depth in the system
and they can`t take back a ton of money . Ribiero , plus a few prospects , may all
it takes. Listen he is superior to what we hav down the middle, Koivu is anaccident waiting to happen and Ribs is not the answer. Lou who usually scores in a deal , may not get what he wants in a deal .Like I siad before if Kosty and Perez, don`t fit in your system ,turn them into what you need, WE NEED GOMEZ AS OUR # 1 CENTER. This may be our only chance to get a legit # 1 , without breaking the bank. Ryder, Ribs, Perez , Kosty, we have some decent kids that Jersey may want in return , this deal will be more of a futures deal with Jersey , than matching a salary. We have about 10 mil to possibly free up next year , he can fit in our structure. Rivet or Souray , one is gone for sure , Bonk, Abisheaur, are off the books, pull the trigger Bob. Hab fans if we are pinning our hopes on # 11, and # 71
down the middle - KEEP DREAMING that is a very weak one two punch.
lol Koivu is not a legit no 1 center? I think you watch 110% too much lately

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:15 PM
  #7
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Paying GOMEZ 5 million a season is too much.

On a team, you need to have 1-2 4+million forward, 1 4+D and 1 other player (G/D/F)..

If you have more that 4 players over 4 million, you'll be in trouble.

You build your team around these players.

Gomez is good.... but he's not worth 5 million. If you pay over 5 million a dollars for a player he has to be Thornton, Jagr, Iginla, Pronger, Lidstrom, Neidermeyer type player...

The Gomez/Arnott's of this world don't deserve that kind of money.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:29 PM
  #8
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand View Post
Paying GOMEZ 5 million a season is too much.

On a team, you need to have 1-2 4+million forward, 1 4+D and 1 other player (G/D/F)..

If you have more that 4 players over 4 million, you'll be in trouble.

You build your team around these players.

Gomez is good.... but he's not worth 5 million. If you pay over 5 million a dollars for a player he has to be Thornton, Jagr, Iginla, Pronger, Lidstrom, Neidermeyer type player...

The Gomez/Arnott's of this world don't deserve that kind of money.
You're onto something there. So if you pay a guy that much, and face it, trading for him is as good as giving him something like 30M/5 yrs., you're paying him for what you hope your team becomes, more than you are for what he is.

I get Geeman's point,but giving up developing,cheap production in return for what you project is dangerous.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:47 PM
  #9
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand View Post
Paying GOMEZ 5 million a season is too much.

On a team, you need to have 1-2 4+million forward, 1 4+D and 1 other player (G/D/F)..

If you have more that 4 players over 4 million, you'll be in trouble.

You build your team around these players.

Gomez is good.... but he's not worth 5 million. If you pay over 5 million a dollars for a player he has to be Thornton, Jagr, Iginla, Pronger, Lidstrom, Neidermeyer type player...

The Gomez/Arnott's of this world don't deserve that kind of money.
WHO WOULD YOU RATHER PAY GOMEZ AT 5 OR SAKU AT 4.75 FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS. If we take Saku at 31, injury prone , over Gomez , your nuts.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:47 PM
  #10
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
WHO WOULD YOU RATHER PAY GOMEZ AT 5 OR SAKU AT 4.75 FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS. If we take Saku at 31, injury prone , over Gomez , your nuts.
I'm nuts

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
  #11
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
lol Koivu is not a legit no 1 center? I think you watch 110% too much lately
Oh he is, just when he's not on the injured reserve list, wich is not often.

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:52 PM
  #12
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
lol Koivu is not a legit no 1 center? I think you watch 110% too much lately
I tell you hab fans , we have to start thinking with our heads not our hearts. I think
we are way over rating Saku , God love him , but we put this player on a pedestal too often . He is no longer a #1 center. His body is beaten up , he is not even close to other legit # 1 centers. Its like the leafs here in Toronto with Wendel Clark, a great fan favourite , but overrated. IF WE ARE GOING TO TAKE SAKU OVER GOMEZ WE ALL NEED

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:55 PM
  #13
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
WHO WOULD YOU RATHER PAY GOMEZ AT 5 OR SAKU AT 4.75 FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS. If we take Saku at 31, injury prone , over Gomez , your nuts.
aymand's mental state isn't up for debate. professionals are currently looking into that. Arbitration awards Gomez 5. Does he sign for 5/yr. longterm ? I doubt it. You couldn't move quakity for him for his arb. year. Keep in mind that LL wouldn't be able to take salary back. He'd rather a future pick them Ribs 1.9. So in effect we'd have to move 1 or 2 young players, or a combination of a young player with a pick. We'd then have to shed Aebi/Ribs and or Bonk to fit under the cap. I'm not saying he's not worth it, I don't really know how he projects onto another team. I'd expect him to be a ppg player. So you move 2 asstes,[player/pick] then you have to firesale your depth. I just don't see how we win.

I believe that the team needs a star at some point. Someone teams gameplan to beat. I don't see this as the occasion though.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 12:55 PM
  #14
Habsy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
I do not believe Lamoriello will move Gomez at all. He is allowed to sign over the cap by 10% ($48.4 mil) until the season starts. He will get Gionta signed and will reduce payroll elsewhere.

If he can't, I surely do not believe he will move Gomez to an Eastern conference team.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:00 PM
  #15
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
aymand's mental state isn't up for debate. professionals are currently looking into that.
What?.. who's that? I'm hearing voices....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I believe that the team needs a star at some point. Someone teams gameplan to beat. I don't see this as the occasion though.
Bingo.. If this was Chris Pronger/Elias/Iginla... maybe..

But don't destroy your futur and depth over Scott friggin Gomez...

Well that's what the voices are telling me these days anyway..

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:04 PM
  #16
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
I tell you hab fans , we have to start thinking with our heads not our hearts. I think
we are way over rating Saku , God love him , but we put this player on a pedestal too often . He is no longer a #1 center. His body is beaten up , he is not even close to other legit # 1 centers. Its like the leafs here in Toronto with Wendel Clark, a great fan favourite , but overrated. IF WE ARE GOING TO TAKE SAKU OVER GOMEZ WE ALL NEED
C'mon geeman, Do you remember what happen to the Habs after Koivu went down against the Hurricanes? He is the heart and soul of this team, without Koivu we are a pale imposter of the team we should be.

Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not saying Koivu is the best centre in the league...not close to that. What I am saying is that he is an incredibly important piece of the puzzle for the habs.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:31 PM
  #17
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
C'mon geeman, Do you remember what happen to the Habs after Koivu went down against the Hurricanes? He is the heart and soul of this team, without Koivu we are a pale imposter of the team we should be.

Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not saying Koivu is the best centre in the league...not close to that. What I am saying is that he is an incredibly important piece of the puzzle for the habs.
Driveman , I hear you , first of all it wasn`t Koivu , GERBER COULDN`T STOP A BEACH BALL, when the stiff was replaced by Ward all of a sudden those cheap floaters didn`t go in . Then thier horses emerged like Brindamour, Stall, etc,, the bottom line is they beat us to the puck , took the boards away from us , and beat us down low, period. THERE WAS NO WAY WE WIN THIS SERIES KIOVU OR NOT. Plus they had Cole out of the picture ,lets not forget that . Listen he is a quality player , but sorry at 31 he is no longer what we need as a # 1 center . 10 years later we must move on .

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:34 PM
  #18
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand View Post
Paying GOMEZ 5 million a season is too much.

On a team, you need to have 1-2 4+million forward, 1 4+D and 1 other player (G/D/F)..

If you have more that 4 players over 4 million, you'll be in trouble.

You build your team around these players.

Gomez is good.... but he's not worth 5 million. If you pay over 5 million a dollars for a player he has to be Thornton, Jagr, Iginla, Pronger, Lidstrom, Neidermeyer type player...

The Gomez/Arnott's of this world don't deserve that kind of money.

For one year , I take Gomez at 5 millions anytime . But 4 year/20 millions , overpay

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:42 PM
  #19
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
Driveman , I hear you , first of all it wasn`t Koivu , GERBER COULDN`T STOP A BEACH BALL, when the stiff was replaced by Ward all of a sudden those cheap floaters didn`t go in . Then thier horses emerged like Brindamour, Stall, etc,, the bottom line is they beat us to the puck , took the boards away from us , and beat us down low, period. THERE WAS NO WAY WE WIN THIS SERIES KIOVU OR NOT. Plus they had Cole out of the picture ,lets not forget that . Listen he is a quality player , but sorry at 31 he is no longer what we need as a # 1 center . 10 years later we must move on .
I don't think that's the issue. 1st, we don't move on. he's here 4 more years because they wanted him. He is what he is, a good player,who can rise to occasions, who has a good effect on linemates. He isn't,hasn't been and won't be a 100 point guy, it's a shame but it didn't work out. Acquiring a Gomez should be considered,as I'm sure it has, but is he the guy who will come in and make a difference ? Is there a better option ? Briere in a year ? Sure an offensive leader,or superstar at whatever position. The team's salary moves sort of prove that tehy want a production by committee sort of team. Anyways, I don't see how Gomez merits what he would cost. It's not like Ribs and Aebi will do it. That's the real issue imo.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:54 PM
  #20
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscout View Post
The only way I think of for Lou to get away with not trading Gomez is to find another team that is under the cap floor that is willing to take on the salaries of the Devils "defunct" players, ie. Mogilny & Malakhov. The NHL salary cap maximum is $44M for this season, and the minimum is $28M. If, for example, the Washington Capitals whose roster stands at 20 players now (plus part of Jagr's contract) at around $24.3M were willing to trade for M or M, his $3.6M would have to be traded for non-roster players. The Devils would have to sweeten the offer by including a decent draft pick or prospect to get a team to agree, but it's possible. The other team that may be willing is Pittsburgh, whose current cap is around $21.5M with only 15 players signed.

Otherwise, Lamoriello will have to either trade Gomez, or one of the other higher priced Devils, to get below their cap. Another scenario I can think of to save the Devils would involve one of the higher priced Devils getting a serious injury in training camp, but that's pretty unlikely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
I think Lamoriello can get away with assigning Malakhov or Mogilny to Albany, where it wouldn't count against the cap, but he can't do it with both. He also has McGillis to contend with.

Higgins should not be included in any deal. With the Habs getting a fairly young center in Gomez, they could spare Chipchura, who has good qualities but is less talented. Besides, Chipchura wouldn't count against the cap if he plays in the AHL this season. The rest of the deal could be structured around draft choices or prospects who aren't quite ready for prime time. I doubt whether Lou would take Ribeiro. His $1.9M salary may seem modest to us but not to a GM who faces cap pressure and isn't finished signing his RFAs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 01:56 PM
  #21
MM425
Registered User
 
MM425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand View Post
Paying GOMEZ 5 million a season is too much.

On a team, you need to have 1-2 4+million forward, 1 4+D and 1 other player (G/D/F)..

If you have more that 4 players over 4 million, you'll be in trouble.

You build your team around these players.

Gomez is good.... but he's not worth 5 million. If you pay over 5 million a dollars for a player he has to be Thornton, Jagr, Iginla, Pronger, Lidstrom, Neidermeyer type player...

The Gomez/Arnott's of this world don't deserve that kind of money.

I disagree.

Gomez is arguably a top 5 centre for the "New" NHL. He's got wheels, amazing vison and playmaking ablitiy, and proved last year he has a little bit of finish. Plus he's in his prime at 27 and he's decent sized (5'11 205 isn't that bad for the new NHL).

All this on top of the fact that I think he would be a picture perfect fit for the habs and the team they're building (fast, skilled, team-oriented). Landing Gomez would change the habs from a playoff contender to a Stanley Cup contender IMO. Jesus, we would have arguably the best top 6 forward combination in the league (even if we trade Ryder to land him)!

Samsonov- Gomez- Kovalev
Higgins - Koivu - ( any one of Zhogin, Kostisyn, or Latendresse)

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 02:49 PM
  #22
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
I disagree.

Gomez is arguably a top 5 centre for the "New" NHL. He's got wheels, amazing vison and playmaking ablitiy, and proved last year he has a little bit of finish. Plus he's in his prime at 27 and he's decent sized (5'11 205 isn't that bad for the new NHL).
Gomez top 5 in the NHL? No freakin way. Thornton, Forsberg, Marleau, Jokinen, Sakic, Spezza, Staal, Crosby, Richards, Zetterberg, Sundin, Modano and Brind'Amour I all take over Gomez without looking back. Then you start getting into guys like Demitra, Lecavallier and Datsyuk who are in the same league. I don't think you can even say Gomez is a top 10 center. Top 15 sounds about right.


Last edited by Squeaky: 07-26-2006 at 02:50 PM. Reason: I forgot forsberg
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 03:04 PM
  #23
Talent Analyst
Registered User
 
Talent Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 100th years
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Gomez top 5 in the NHL? No freakin way. Thornton, Forsberg, Marleau, Jokinen, Sakic, Spezza, Staal, Crosby, Richards, Zetterberg, Sundin, Modano and Brind'Amour I all take over Gomez without looking back. Then you start getting into guys like Demitra, Lecavallier and Datsyuk who are in the same league. I don't think you can even say Gomez is a top 10 center. Top 15 sounds about right.
Right !

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 03:14 PM
  #24
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I think Lamoriello can get away with assigning Malakhov or Mogilny to Albany, where it wouldn't count against the cap, but he can't do it with both. He also has McGillis to contend with.

Higgins should not be included in any deal. With the Habs getting a fairly young center in Gomez, they could spare Chipchura, who has good qualities but is less talented. Besides, Chipchura wouldn't count against the cap if he plays in the AHL this season. The rest of the deal could be structured around draft choices or prospects who aren't quite ready for prime time. I doubt whether Lou would take Ribeiro. His $1.9M salary may seem modest to us but not to a GM who faces cap pressure and isn't finished signing his RFAs.
Would another team take Ribiero and the asset acquired be included in the package?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2006, 03:23 PM
  #25
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Gomez top 5 in the NHL? No freakin way. Thornton, Forsberg, Marleau, Jokinen, Sakic, Spezza, Staal, Crosby, Richards, Zetterberg, Sundin, Modano and Brind'Amour I all take over Gomez without looking back. Then you start getting into guys like Demitra, Lecavallier and Datsyuk who are in the same league. I don't think you can even say Gomez is a top 10 center. Top 15 sounds about right.
AT LEAST HE IS TOP 15 , KOIVU ISN`T

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.