HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks sign Bulis

Old
07-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Bam Beet*

vCash: 500
Canucks sign Bulis

Check out the main board someone has a link that he signed for 1.3 million but its in Czech or something. The article does have Vancouver in it though. Just thought I'd let you know, don't know if it's true or not.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:03 AM
I Hate You All*

Send a message via AIM to I Hate You All* Send a message via Yahoo to I Hate You All*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic's-A-Legend View Post
Check out the main board someone has a link that he signed for 1.3 million but its in Czech or something. The article does have Vancouver in it though. Just thought I'd let you know, don't know if it's true or not.
Don't worry, I am a professional online translator. The page says:

Cosby: Hello, my good man. What do you like to play? Poke man? Poke man? With the pokey and the man? And the thing where the guy comes out of the thing and...

just kidding.

This is the best I can do:

Assailant Bulis to subscribe Vancouveru [ Lavatory Bulis out of Montreal Canadiens to raduje out of wickets. ^) PARDUBICE Czech hockeyist Lavatory Bulis to stal modern strengthener Vancouveru Canucks. Subscription annually contract , whoa mu warranting stipend 1,3 million american dollar , warranted pardubický nursling within interview sake Sportovninoviny.cz. " aboriginally jsem else wished up Allied stride , however with Vancouverem jsem spokojen. Them what superlative panel , into the bargain solitude town them by one of nejkrásnějších stations within world " vest to osmadvacetiletý assailant within interview sake Sportsmanlike newspapers. Bulis has one after another supreme season within NHL. WITHIN dresu Montreal write down forty bodů within twenty gólů plus same number assistant. About season to stal willing sportsman without stint plus might why entreat kterýmkoliv týmem. Měl jsem several supply , under hře bylo aromatically six týmů. WITH Vancouverem jsem podepsal yearly agreement. About season budu anew willing sportsman. Expect , that to me subsequent year's volume vydaří plus budu now hold convenience treat stances within novém contract " word své map bronze sportsman out of turínské olympiad plus silvery out of letošního world rule champion. Sake Bulise bude Vancouver třetí štací within his osmiletém agency within transoceanic NHL. Svou career within nejprestižnější competition smouldered within roce va Washingtonu , whence byl within roce vytrejdován up Montreal. Altogether within NHL stave off 473 engagement , cut out within nich gólů plus přidal 138 assistant. WITHIN play off then acceded with třiadvaceti wrestle , shoot two góly plus within subsequent dvou asistoval. author Advises Jičínský.

I Hate You All* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:07 AM
Vajakki

Common sense says he has signed 1yr/1.3mil contract with the Canucks.

Not sure about those years tho..

Vajakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:07 AM
Bam Beet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure Fan View Post

Cosby: Hello, my good man. What do you like to play? Poke man? Poke man? With the pokey and the man? And the thing where the guy comes out of the thing and...

just kidding.

Assailant Bulis to subscribe Vancouveru [ Lavatory Bulis out of Montreal Canadiens to raduje out of wickets. ^) PARDUBICE Czech hockeyist Lavatory Bulis to stal modern strengthener Vancouveru Canucks. Subscription annually contract , whoa mu warranting stipend 1,3 million american dollar , warranted pardubický nursling within interview sake Sportovninoviny.cz. " aboriginally jsem else wished up Allied stride , however with Vancouverem jsem spokojen. Them what superlative panel , into the bargain solitude town them by one of nejkrásnějších stations within world " vest to osmadvacetiletý assailant within interview sake Sportsmanlike newspapers. Bulis has one after another supreme season within NHL. WITHIN dresu Montreal write down forty bodů within twenty gólů plus same number assistant. About season to stal willing sportsman without stint plus might why entreat kterýmkoliv týmem. Měl jsem several supply , under hře bylo aromatically six týmů. WITH Vancouverem jsem podepsal yearly agreement. About season budu anew willing sportsman. Expect , that to me subsequent year's volume vydaří plus budu now hold convenience treat stances within novém contract " word své map bronze sportsman out of turínské olympiad plus silvery out of letošního world rule champion. Sake Bulise bude Vancouver třetí štací within his osmiletém agency within transoceanic NHL. Svou career within nejprestižnější competition smouldered within roce va Washingtonu , whence byl within roce vytrejdován up Montreal. Altogether within NHL stave off 473 engagement , cut out within nich gólů plus přidal 138 assistant. WITHIN play off then acceded with třiadvaceti wrestle , shoot two góly plus within subsequent dvou asistoval. author Advises Jičínský.

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:08 AM
TheCanuckInOttawa

Assailant Bulis to subscribe Vancouveru [ Lavatory Bulis out of Montreal Canadiens to raduje out of wickets. ^) PARDUBICE Czech hockeyist Lavatory Bulis to stal modern strengthener Vancouveru Canucks. Subscription annually contract , whoa mu warranting stipend 1,3 million american dollar , warranted pardubický nursling within interview sake Sportovninoviny.cz. " aboriginally jsem else wished up Allied stride , however with Vancouverem jsem spokojen. Them what superlative panel , into the bargain solitude town them by one of nejkrásnějších stations within world " vest to osmadvacetiletý assailant within interview sake Sportsmanlike newspapers. Bulis has one after another supreme season within NHL. WITHIN dresu Montreal write down forty bodů within twenty gólů plus same number assistant. About season to stal willing sportsman without stint plus might why entreat kterýmkoliv týmem. Měl jsem several supply , under hře bylo aromatically six týmů. WITH Vancouverem jsem podepsal yearly agreement. About season budu anew willing sportsman. Expect , that to me subsequent year's volume vydaří plus budu now hold convenience treat stances within novém contract " word své map bronze sportsman out of turínské olympiad plus silvery out of letošního world rule champion. Sake Bulise bude Vancouver třetí štací within his osmiletém agency within transoceanic NHL. Svou career within nejprestižnější competition smouldered within roce va Washingtonu , whence byl within roce vytrejdován up Montreal. Altogether within NHL stave off 473 engagement , cut out within nich gólů plus přidal 138 assistant. WITHIN play off then acceded with třiadvaceti wrestle , shoot two góly plus within subsequent dvou asistoval. author Advises Jičínský.[/QUOTE]

Hm... Hew cun ni reid thes?

TheCanuckInOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:13 AM
SharksDownUnder

Send a message via Skype™ to SharksDownUnder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure Fan View Post

just kidding.

Don't give up on your day job... this translation is sort of like the morse code.

I(&^^ think *&^#^ you 3*$*& are )q*$& full 9&(# of _(*$*& s H i t )(&*)*$

SharksDownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:14 AM
19nazzy

Bulis is a centre isn't he?

07-24-2006, 04:15 AM
cibtom
:(

Send a message via ICQ to cibtom
The important is, that he got only 1 year contract and then he want to try get better contract (he will be UFA).

cibtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:16 AM
cibtom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
Bulis is a centre isn't he?
he is a centre

Old
07-24-2006, 04:17 AM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibtom View Post
he is a centre
Meh, another Centre?
Got enough of those already.

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:19 AM
Vajakki

He plays LW too.

Old
07-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Caspian

vCash: 50
LWer too. THough I guess he would be better at center.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Jan_Bulis/

They list him as a center, though project him as a LWer.

Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Shareefruck

Left wing. I like him alot as a player.. but I'm not sure if he fits with the team. He's never played RW before I don't think, and he's not exactly a guy known for his scoring.

So does this mean we got him?

How's his shot? Good enough to work with the Sedins?

I GUESS it could look like

Naslund. Morrison. Cooke
Bulis. Sedin. Sedin
Pyatt. Chouinard. Kesler
Burrows. Santala. Linden

But I mean... do you really want to go with an offense like that?

We seem to suddenly have a WHOLE pack of strong defensive forwards who can score 30 points. I'm starting to worry that Cooke might be traded for a top 6 guy..

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:21 AM
SharksDownUnder

Send a message via Skype™ to SharksDownUnder
seems like an odd signing!

if it is a signing

SharksDownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:22 AM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Whitley View Post
He plays LW too.
So we get a C/LW player.

Funny. I thought they needed a RW...

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Vajakki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
So we get a C/LW player.

Funny. I thought they needed a RW...
Yep, it really looks like Cooke is gone. What comes to that previous lineup, D. Sedin plays LW.

Old
07-24-2006, 04:25 AM
cibtom

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ..._0&view=clanek
next article about signing - in czech
i can't find it in english

Old
07-24-2006, 04:27 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Not sure what I think of this signing yet (if it is infact true).

I do however agree with 2agingmonk that this makes the trading of Cooke all the more likely, which I am 100% against by the way.

This doesnt make sense though because Cooke would only be making 1.5 as it is, so it wouldn't be a salary dump, or atleast a sizeable one.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Whitley View Post
Yep, it really looks like Cooke is gone. What comes to that previous lineup, D. Sedin plays LW.
Well he did manage to do a pretty good job playing RW with Arvedson.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 04:31 AM
Vajakki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2agingmonk View Post
Well he did manage to do a pretty good job playing RW with Arvedson.
Even better job playing LW last season.

Old
07-24-2006, 04:48 AM
RobsonStreet

Weird. Bulis wanted to go somewhere where he could play as a top six offensive forward. If this factors into the signing, then perhaps he is to play RW? Doesn't add up though.

Twenty goals from the third line last year sounds promising.

RobsonStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:04 AM
canucksin07

if this signing is true...to me at least, it seems more and more nonis is leaning towards letting cooke play with nazzy and mo.

there is no way any of our current acquisitions should be playing first line and the from what nonis and vigneault have said, it looks like schultz(or at least someone from the moose last year) will be playing with the sedins.

the third line would be bulis/chouinard/kesler(and kesler could play first line every now and again, he had some success there last year...not much, but still a glimmer of hope) and the last line of pyatt and 2 guys from the group of santala, king, reid, burrows and goren/bouck/green(i don't know if these guys still belong to us)

ps, i don't think linden is coming back...i hope he does, but nonis is signing so many players...and there are only so many spots.

canucksin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Ator2K

I just fiddled around with that article and some random Czech-English translator (which could only do one word at a time) and it seems that these guys are right and we have signed Bulis to a 1 year/1.2 mil contract. Personally I'm happy we did, of the few UFA wingers left i think he has the highest upside in terms of unproven potential (I'm sure somebody will quickly correct me on that....) which seems to be Nonis' theme this year. For 1.3 mil, I give this a thumbs up, our forward corps becomes deeper every week....

*Note, the website, being in Czech in all could easily have the word RUMOUR in big letter somewhere and I'd never know... lets hope not.

Last edited by Ator2K: 07-24-2006 at 05:13 AM.
Ator2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:11 AM
Vman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibtom View Post
I have a feeling it is not a rumour and he really signed with the Canucks.

Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 05:25 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Hmm, lets look at the cap situation:

Naslund (6 ) Mo (3.2) Bulis(1.3) ---- (10.5)
Sedin (3.6) Sedin (3.6) Schultz (.5) ---- (7.7)
Cooke(1.5) Chouinard (1.1) Burrows(.5) ----- (3.1)
Pyatt(.7) Kesler(.9) Linden (.8 ) ---- (2.4)

Ohlund (3.5) Bieksa (.5) ---- (4)
Mitchell (3.5) Krajicek (.7) ---- (4.2)
Bourdon (.8 ) Salo (1.5) ---- (2.3)
Brown or other UFA (.5) ---- (.5)

Luongo (6.75)
Noronen (.7)

Total - 42.15
Wiggle Room - 1.85

You could also easily switch Cooke with Bulis on the first line. This is a very solid line up if you ask me.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote