HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

chouinard off the map

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 05:56 PM
panayiotis

vCash: 500
chouinard off the map

Boy what a waste of a second round pick! I told you guys! Kids got no game!

Old
11-11-2003, 06:32 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis

I disagree, the kid can play. and would for most teams in the NHL. Flyers have never had this many quality forwards before.

Old
11-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Green Mile

Quote:
I think Chouinard needs to play with skill players. When we had all of the injuries, he got some better ice time and wasn't so bad. But then when he was flying around on the 4th line, he didn't really do much at all. The problem is, anyone on the first 3 lines is probably better than he is.

Old
11-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I disagree, the kid can play. and would for most teams in the NHL. Flyers have never had this many quality forwards before.
Agreed. Can Chouinard be sent to the AHL without having to clear waivers? If he can, I definitely think he should be sent to the Phantoms because getting scratched regularly and playing only four minutes when he does play is not going to further his development.

Old
11-11-2003, 10:41 PM
panayiotis

Hey John

Nothing he has done in his pro career has shown that he can do it. He was a dog in Montreal. Philly gave him a chance to run with it.He had a terrible training camp. Dont kid youreself! He is deep in the hitch dog house. A top 6 fw he is not. To play a checking role on a third line is out of the question.

Old
11-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

As much as I like Chouiny, he's rapidly running out of time in Philly. Barring any injuries, there really is little chance that he can find a signifigant role on this team.

Old
11-12-2003, 04:24 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Nothing he has done in his pro career has shown that he can do it. He was a dog in Montreal. Philly gave him a chance to run with it.He had a terrible training camp. Dont kid youreself! He is deep in the hitch dog house. A top 6 fw he is not. To play a checking role on a third line is out of the question.

#1. He's not in the doghouse. Problem is that he currently isn't better than Recchi, Amonte, Gagne, Williams, Kapanen or LeClair.

When he plays, especially with other skill players, he gets 2-3 good scoring chance a night. If he got consistent icetime with other skill players I have no doubt that he could score 20 goals in this league.

Old
11-12-2003, 09:40 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
did anyone say he was a 6th forward? come on. hes a good player.
what is your issue with Chouinard? did he stiff you on an autograph or something? you need to let it go dude.

Old
11-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Rex8

vCash:
On a team in which he could have regular minutes on a second unit he would be OK. That said, he will not see that kind of ice time and will thus struggle here. I thought he has had a few good games but overall not prominent, be it a factor of ice time or otherwise. I hope he gets a chance here, but if not should be dealt to a better situation and get some of that second pick back if possible.

Old
11-12-2003, 10:59 AM
FlyersFan

Quote:
do you ever say anything positive?

Old
11-12-2003, 01:37 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan
do you ever say anything positive?
or intelligent?

Old
11-12-2003, 04:06 PM
King Fish

Relax! Gagne will be injured soon enough and Chouinard will start seeing more ice time. Seriously, with Fedoruk out of the lineup he has more of an opportunity.

Old
11-13-2003, 03:35 AM
Banger

Chouinard is a decent player offensively, average defensively. Not that good on the boards but good in open ice and always moves towards the net. He's still young, has some size and has 2 goals while having very little ice time.

He will get some ice time now that Fedorek is out. Personally, I thought he should be in there instead of Fedorek anyway but that's another issue. When Somik gets back in the lineup though Choui will be back on the pine.

I think he might be better off if he played some for the phantoms since he's scratched every other game and gets limited 4th line duty when he does play. Overall, a decent prospect but wouldn't be surprised if they dealt him at some point.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:26 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Flyers technically got Center Maxim Lapierre who Montreal drafted with our 2nd rounder. So lets see how this kid ends up before Mr. Negative keeps running his mouth.

Old
11-15-2003, 12:46 AM
mommyslittlemonster

vCash:
chouinard

As a habs fan I was pi$$ed when they got rid of him I always thought he had great potential (If) they played him with good playmakers.But It seemed that every year he went into a habs training camp he sucked and had no heart.A second rounder for him was a great deal for a loafer.

Old
11-15-2003, 09:23 PM
augster

I consider him a marginal player.

Old
11-16-2003, 08:04 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

there is too much depth for him to properly develop, send him to the phantoms and call him up when a scoring forward goes down

Old
11-16-2003, 09:18 AM
panayiotis

Nolet

He said prior to the 2003 draft that the top 2 rounds were loaded. Clarke traded a prime asset without doing his home work. Everybody in mtl laughed when the deal was announced. Mr negative! Clarkemustgo. I actually saw the flyers win both there cups. You werent alive dude. later....

Old
11-16-2003, 09:46 AM
klondikekate

EDITED FOR CONTENT.

Old
11-16-2003, 12:12 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
He said prior to the 2003 draft that the top 2 rounds were loaded. Clarke traded a prime asset without doing his home work. Everybody in mtl laughed when the deal was announced. Mr negative! Clarkemustgo. I actually saw the flyers win both there cups. You werent alive dude. later....
You are a typical Flyer fan and one the reasons the Flyers don't win in the playoffs more often. I think on this board we have intelligent fans with hockey sense,you must have slipped in somehow. You are the majority type of fan who wanted to run Chechmanek out of town after a poor start with Philly,never giving him a reasonable chance again,you are the type of majority fan that wants to run Gagne out of town after one injury riddled sub par season, thanks to "fans" like you, he will never get a reasonable second chance either. You are the type of "fan" who condemed the picking of Jeff Carter who wasn't rated as high as some players the Flyers passed on. He will never get a reasonable chance here because of "fans" like you who will try and bash him if he ever dissapoints as a youngster. You are the fan that bashes Chouinard before he plays 50 games on the 4th line for us because he "has no game" he is another talented player who will not get a proper chance here. Think about how your mentality is working against the organization and try doing something to fix it. Therapy might work,i don't know,i don't need to try it because i believe in giving players second chances even if they slump or dissappoint. Meanwhile the intelligent and commited fans on this board are sick of you.

And as for that precious 2nd round pick,it likely would have been used on Stefan Ruzicka who we picked in the early 3rd anyway.

Cheers

Old
11-16-2003, 12:15 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by klondikekate
Pansy, I can see you now: open shirt-tied off around your belly,ruby red lipstick, standing in front of the mirror practicing your "oh no you didn't say that" Listen up you cross dressing Travis Bickle wanna be Flyer Fan. For 2 Years, I've been reading your negative, whiny, can't follow hockey since they took the blue flame away from the puck comments. You are an idiot- plain and simple. Your contributions to this forum are like wet beer farts after a gourmet meal. So you saw the Flyers win the cup? From where? Inside your Father's penis. C'mon your sort of tirades paint a certain type of Picture, a certain profile if you will: Loner, reject, loser living in parent's basement (nice wood wallpaper by the way) early twenties, no prospects, track pant wearin', in front of little children swearin', rumblin' stumblin' piggly wiggly, dreams about sheep for entirely different reasons.

Play the game, know the game.

littleugly
you've been here 2 years? you should post more often.

Old
11-18-2003, 12:21 PM
panayiotis

onespeedonly

Ha! Ha!

Old
11-24-2003, 01:35 PM
daynus

Oh well thems the breaks

yah doesnt look good for chouinard. as for a second round pick, ah whatever, there have been some good picks and some horrible picks from the very first, up to the very last, its a game of poker. but its not like we traded the pick that ended up being a top notch player. at least not yet.

Old
11-25-2003, 07:51 AM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus
yah doesnt look good for chouinard. as for a second round pick, ah whatever, there have been some good picks and some horrible picks from the very first, up to the very last, its a game of poker. but its not like we traded the pick that ended up being a top notch player. at least not yet.
Plus they needed warm bodies to put in the lineup last year. If they didn't have the injury problems, Clarke probably doesn't make that trade but he had to do what he had to do.

Choui did get recalled from the phantoms and should be in the lineup against the pen's on wednesday. What line you think he will play on? I am thinking he may be inserted into the top line in place of JR.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:50 AM
panayiotis

exile

He could have been had for a bucket of pucks. The habs had sent him out west instead of Hamilton. Hey you win some lose some!

Closed Thread