HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I love our cap situation!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2006, 03:46 PM
  #1
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 500
I love our cap situation!

with Ryder signed at 2.2 mil we're at 41.3 mil witch means we have 2.7 mil of fre sapce if needed, what even looks better is those spare parts like Abeisher, Bonk and Ribeiro who could be traded for picks, so that's 1.9+ 2.2+ 1.9= 6mil witch is replace by 3 rookies at 800k each witch brings 6mil -2.4= 3.6 mil +our original 2.7 mil witch leads to 6.3 mil of free space to start the year with, totally awesome! and it's not like our team sucks to begin with players like Sammy, Kovy, koivu, Markov, Huet,Ryder,Higgins..... That means we could add a superstar player at next year's trade deadline if needed

edit: changed title thread


Last edited by Maxpac: 07-24-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 03:48 PM
  #2
Louis Houde
Registered User
 
Louis Houde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trois-rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Youppi!

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 03:56 PM
  #3
hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
with Ryder signed at 2.2 mil we're at 41.3 mil witch means we have 2.7 mil of fre sapce if needed, what even looks better is those spare parts like Abeisher, Bonk and Ribeiro who could be traded for picks, so that's 1.9+ 2.2+ 1.9= 6mil witch is replace by 3 rookies at 800k each witch brings 6mil -2.4= 3.6 mil +our original 2.7 mil witch leads to 6.3 mil of free space to start the year with, totally awesome! and it's not like our team sucks to begin with players like Sammy, Kovy, koivu, Markov, Huet,Ryder,Higgins..... That means we could add a superstar player at next year's trade deadline if needed
despite the neverending trade proposals, I dont see any team targeting robiero

or bonk, but aebisher could certainly be moved, freeing up 2 mil, I guess it depends

on getting a decent return. I wouldnt rule out florida, detroit or st.lois making

an offer for him. my best guess is nothing will change with the team until well into

the season with aebisher being moved for a much nicer return than during the

summer.

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 04:01 PM
  #4
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,312
vCash: 500
We have 2,628,193M left minus whatever salary the final roster player gets. If say Kostitsyn gets the spot at 801K, that's 1,827,193M left. Who's to say what other changes Gainey will make of the course of the season, but 1.8M is not that much room unless he can move players in a 2 for 1 type of deal or for picks.

Consider next year's UFA's, Markov, Souray, Rivet, Bonk, Johnson, Aebischer, Downey, Cote, Jancevski and Danis.

RFA's Higgins, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Ryder, Ribeiro, Kostitsyn, Ferland, Locke, Archer, Milroy, Lambert, and Urquhart.

So Gainey might consider moving some of his possible UFA's over the course of the season if he feels as though he won't be able to resign them, the problem is many might not hold enough value that they are worth while to trade when it runs the risk of hurting the team if Gainey feels as though it would not benefit the club since he hopefully will have some rookies the following season to take the place of a couple roster players like Bonk, Aebischer...

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 05:21 PM
  #5
HabuseMoi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Consider next year's UFA's, Markov, Souray, Rivet, Bonk, Johnson, Aebischer, Downey, Cote, Jancevski and Danis.

RFA's Higgins, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Ryder, Ribeiro, Kostitsyn, Ferland, Locke, Archer, Milroy, Lambert, and Urquhart.
all the players in Bold will probably get raise in the order of at least 500k for the RFA

altought Souray and Rivet will still get the same kind of money they're already gettin, Markov is in for a couple of millions in raise.

Fortuntely Bonk will be UFA too and we'll let him walk and Aeb will be gone.

In other word the team we have will probably remain the same for the next two years with 1-2 more rookies on the second year.

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 05:31 PM
  #6
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
i like how people are praising gainey now, when a few weeks ago when all those UFA's were getting overpaid people were calling for his head because of his 'inactivity'

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 05:45 PM
  #7
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
We should do what I did in NHL2K6.. Trade Kovalev for Gaborik
Oh. I also packaged Aebischer and Marcel Hossa in return for Vesa Toskala..

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:15 PM
  #8
GaineysRightHandMan
Registered User
 
GaineysRightHandMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Consider next year's UFA's, , Bonk, ..

Can't wait until we are able to walk away from Bonk.

ba bye. ba bye.
anyone remember david spade as an airline attendant on SNL?
"ba bye"

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 08:41 AM
  #9
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Montreal

Congrats on going global.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 08:57 AM
  #10
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
We don't have much cap room left, Markov, Rivet and Souray will definitely get a substantial raise next season...

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 09:19 AM
  #11
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
We don't have much cap room left, Markov, Rivet and Souray will definitely get a substantial raise next season...
We might not need to resign one of them anyhow. Souray will be gone if any of the Californian teams (Kings Sharks Ducks or even Coyotes) wants him. Markov is the only one expected to make real big dollars, Koivu/Kovalev type of money. Rivet should settle for something like 3M.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 09:27 AM
  #12
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
We don't have much cap room left, Markov, Rivet and Souray will definitely get a substantial raise next season...
You worry too much.

All three will be UFAs. I don't expect all of them to return. The least likely to do so is Souray. Aebischer's contract will probably be replaced by a less hefty one for Danis. Bonk will be gone.

While we're at it, having ample cap room is desirable but it takes second place to making the playoffs. Trust Gainey not to lose sight of either the primary or the secondary objective.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
  #13
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2 View Post
We might not need to resign one of them anyhow. Souray will be gone if any of the Californian teams (Kings Sharks Ducks or even Coyotes) wants him. Markov is the only one expected to make real big dollars, Koivu/Kovalev type of money. Rivet should settle for something like 3M.
True, I agree Rivet won't be greedy, he's here to stay. Souray, however, will need to be replaced, we won't save any money there I think.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 10:40 AM
  #14
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
i like how people are praising gainey now, when a few weeks ago when all those UFA's were getting overpaid people were calling for his head because of his 'inactivity'
The Samsonov signing went a long way in persuading me that BG had a pulse. Hopefully he will go after a star and make a run this year.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2006, 11:01 AM
  #15
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Both Bonk and Aebischer situations will be resolved, freeing 4 millions or so.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.