HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St-Johns Maple Leafs article

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2003, 07:00 PM
habitants9_4

vCash: 500
St-Johns Maple Leafs article

Here is an interesting article:

http://www.insidehockey.com/ahl/index.html

Old
11-11-2003, 10:46 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Here is an interesting article:

http://www.insidehockey.com/ahl/index.html

habitants9_4.......

Is This is the same St.John's team that lost to the Hamilton Bulldogs over the weekend when they took a dumb penalty in Overtime?...................just wondering.

monkey_00

Old
11-13-2003, 09:26 AM
habitants9_4

yep...their way better than last year, and they were in a tie for 1st in Division on Sunday. Their defense is way better, remember this article is writen on the whole year.

Old
11-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Doug Evinou

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
habitants9_4.......

Is This is the same St.John's team that lost to the Hamilton Bulldogs over the weekend when they took a dumb penalty in Overtime?...................just wondering.

monkey_00
was it a dumb penalty? or did the referee make a questionable call in o.t.? Brad Leeb definately thought it was a bad call... he went absolutely ballistic, and earned himself an extra two minutes and a game misconduct!

Old
11-13-2003, 05:38 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Evinou
was it a dumb penalty? or did the referee make a questionable call in o.t.? Brad Leeb definately thought it was a bad call... he went absolutely ballistic, and earned himself an extra two minutes and a game misconduct!
I think it was just a dumb penalty!

Old
11-14-2003, 04:26 AM
sjmapleleafsfan

Penalty

I think it was a lazy penalty. If memory serves me correct wasn't it a hooking or tripping penalty? If so then that means more than likely Leeb's feet were not moving and that he was reaching for the player. I think the fact that he got 2 and 10 after the first call was because he more upset at himself than at the Ref, but obviously he is going to take it out on the Ref.

sjmapleleafsfan

Old
11-14-2003, 06:25 AM
Epoch

Jay Harrison: Harrison is a tough stay-at home defense, with attributes very similar to those of Bryan Marchment. He protects his end first and foremost, but in a very physical matter. Harrison has a nose for the dirty stuff, as he has a history to play a tough as nails style.

I hope he will make the team in a couple of years,he's the type of d-man the Leafs need.

Old
11-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Way off on Bell

I have seen Bell numerous times this year on the Tube and with Ottawa and WJC last year.. and this author does not know Bell very well..

In the games I have seen him Bell certainly needs some work on his possional game and gets caught a few times pinching in when he should be retreating but so do Hedin and Pilar and Colaiacovo for that matter as well.. and it has been a numbers game the whole time both in TO and ST Johns that was the result of limited ice time at times.. but his development hurdles are expected and his first dozen games as a pro should not make him and BUST .. that's for sure ... and the fact that the writer could criticize yet not even spell his name gives us a good indication that this article needs to be taken with a grain of Salt and that when others quote the contents better make sure they give the author full credit, even though I believe he plagiarized and stole some of his material from others..

Closed Thread